Thread: Wireless Internet Not Working

Wireless Internet Not Working

i wondered if anyone would be able to help me. since getting the new hub just before xmas my laptop is unable to connect wirelessly at my student house. im not really sure what the problem is as my 5 housemates can all still use their wireless so it cant be a fault in the hub, but i dont think its my laptop either cos it connects wirelessly everywhere else (my house at home, uni, my aunties house ect) just doesnt connect here! does anyone know what the problem might be and how i can fix it? thanks
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Have you installed the internet conection software that comes from the internet provider onto your laptop. I had to do that with Marley's laptop before we could go wireless.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

yeh ive done that. when we had the new hub come cos the old one had stopped working we had trouble getting it to work, phoned bt and they managed to fix the problem for us but at the same time the guy uninstalled my adapter and downloaded the wireless software for my laptop (for some reason the built in wireless has never worked so ive used an adapter but he seemed to think the problem was the adapter, even though it wasnt!) anyway the wireless worked for about 2 days then stopped working again. i reinstalled my adapter at xmas and the wireless at both my house and my aunties house worked on it so i thought it would work at my uni house too but it hasnt, and after that i tried connecting it to the uni wireless and it worked on that too. i just dont understand it! i dont wanna phone bt cos weve had so much trouble with them and im pretty sure theyre the cause of the problem anyway!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Check your computer is actually trying to log on to the BT hub and not BT openzone
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Check your computer is actually trying to log on to the BT hub and not BT openzone
    how do i do that? although i tried connecting it from selecting the hub from the networks list so im guessing its trying to connect to the hub anyway?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Thread Information