Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two 'Hollyoaks' stars to leave

Two 'Hollyoaks' stars to leave

Two of Hollyoaks' leading actors are to quit the show at the end of the month in a dramatic fire plot, DS can exclusively reveal.

Chris Fountain and Jamie Lomas, who play the show's resident bad boys Justin Burton and Warren Fox respectively, will bow out in a storyline which sees their characters caught in a fire at The Loft.

Warren's past comes back to haunt him when an old adversary returns to the village and with neither prepared to bury the hatchet and move on, his enemy decides to settle their score once and for all. As The Loft blazes, Justin becomes embroiled in the incident and viewers will be left wondering who lives and who dies.

The move comes just three months into Lucy Allan's reign as producer and echoes Bryan Kirkwood's decision to blow up The Dog pub and kill off twin Sophie Burton (Connie Powney) when he took over as the soap's chief in 2006.

Speaking of his decision to leave, Fountain said: "I've been at Hollyoaks for five years now and I've enjoyed exploring and playing the many different sides of Justin. He's been a fantastic character to play and so much has happened to him! I’m actually surprised he’s lasted this long!

"I'll be sad to leave as I've had some great times and gained a lot of good friends at work but I personally feel that it's the right time for me - and Justin - to move on…"

Lomas said of his decision: "I've had a fantastic three years at Hollyoaks but having fully explored the character, I felt the time was right for me to move on. I'm delighted to be going out as part of such a dramatic storyline and my final scenes are some of the most dramatic I've ever filmed. I'm sure viewers will be hooked!

He added: "I've had a great time playing Warren and have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the Hollyoaks cast where I've made some brilliant friends and worked with some great people."

The pair are due to finish filming at the end of the month, while their characters will remain on screen until the final week of May.

Fountain, 21, joined Hollyoaks in 2003 and has been involved in some of the soap's major storylines including Justin's affair with Becca Dean (Ali Bastian), the 'Who Pushed Clare?' saga and baby Charlie's paternity.

Meanwhile, 28-year-old Lomas signed to play Warren in 2006 and quickly became one of the show's central characters during the Kirkwood era, which saw Warren kill Sean Kennedy and frame Jake Dean for the murder, embark on an affair with Mandy Richardson (Sarah Jayne Dunn) and apparently suffocate his fiancée Louise Summers (Roxanne McKee).

Last week, it was announced that Emma Rigby had extended her contract with Hollyoaks by an additional six months, despite originally indicating her intention to leave at the end of this month. She will now continue filming until October.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-05-2010), lizann (12-03-2009), tammyy2j (11-03-2009)

Great minds think alike Perdita beat you to it by a few seconds http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...253#post650253
    Thanks CrazyLea

So Claire returns to kill Warren and Justin - great storyline

I would prefer if it was Louise returning

So much for Justin and Hannah big romance for 2009 if he is leaving
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 11-03-2009 at 16:09.

I already don't like Lucy Alllen, bring back Bryan Kirkwood.

I only tune in for these 2 characters and now they are leaving.

So much for the big love story and the mystery surrounding Louise's death, I can pretty much assume the quality of the show will deline from now on.

Hollyoaks spends too much time on the crap gay or not gay storylines involving random student characters that no one cares about.

Kris, Malachy, Mercedes, Ravi, Amy, Lauren, Newt, Gaz, Gilly, Rhys, Nancy, Sarah, Archie, Zoe, Lydia, Neville, Suzanne, Bell and Principal Roy are all crap boring and pointless and these are the ones that should leave.

Hollyoaks is going down the same path as Eastenders - PURE GARBAGE!!!!

louise back- burns the loft- typical hollyoaks- need a cast cull????? start a fire

what a shame

were the actors fired or was it their choice to leave

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    what a shame

were the actors fired or was it their choice to leave
    I'm guessing they were both told their contracts wouldn't be renewed.

I'm over the moon Justin's leaving at long last! I think his character became stale ages ago, he's just been a spare part since Becca died. I like Warren though, shame about him going.

So I take it im the only one looking forward to Clare returning lol ?
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

so is Clare definatley coming back then?

I'm glad Justin is going, he's long past his sell by date and was never that great to start with. Bit of a shame about Warren, but Spencer is starting to kill his character, and there's only so far a villain can go in a soap. I hope he goes out in style.

Hollyoaks is getting really bad at the minute! I'm considering stopping watching it!

Wasnt Justin and Hannah suppose to the big romance for 2009 what now

claire devine back

We can exclusively reveal that Gemma Bissix is set to return to HOLLYOAKS as twisted and conniving claire

Just as the summer heat begins to rise over HOLLYOAKS Clare is back with a vengeance, her grudge against warren(Jamie Lomas) and justin(Chris Fountain) too much for her to bear.

Never ones to be done over, will Warren and Justin find that someone finally has the upper hand over them? Will Clare's revenge plot have fatal consequences?

Gemma will return to Lime Pictures to begin filming next week and we can't wait to have her back and see Clare back on screen. We'll be catching up with the Gemma to bring you all the exclusive details of her return – don't miss it

Thread Information