Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiona Middleton (Angela Griffin)

i loved her in it, shes a miles better actress than some of the ones in it at the moment.

Angela Griffin has revealed that she would be up for returning to Coronation Street - in a rather sensational storyline.
    The Lewis actress, who played Fiona Middleton on the ITV soap between 1993 and 1998, said that she could reappear on the show if she came back with Steve's child.
    Asked by What's on TV whether she would return to the cobbles, Griffin admitted that the producers "never asked" her.
    "If they did? Well, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, but it would have to be a fantastic storyline," she said. "I wouldn't want to go back only to spend my time ordering orange juice in the Rovers."
    Of the kind of plot that she would like to see, Griffin said: "For Fiona to arrive with a 17-year-old, who looks the image of their dad, Steve McDonald [Simon Gregson]!
    "Fiona would have been pregnant with Steve's baby when she left the Street, although she wouldn't have known it at the time.
    "That would be very interesting as a storyline, but rather depressing for me, personally. To think I'm old enough to have a practically grown-up child!"

I think this would send Tracy and Amy into a hissy fit of jealousy ...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-11-2015), Glen1 (13-11-2015), maidmarian (13-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Angela Griffin has revealed that she would be up for returning to Coronation Street - in a rather sensational storyline.
    The Lewis actress, who played Fiona Middleton on the ITV soap between 1993 and 1998, said that she could reappear on the show if she came back with Steve's child.
    Asked by What's on TV whether she would return to the cobbles, Griffin admitted that the producers "never asked" her.
    "If they did? Well, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, but it would have to be a fantastic storyline," she said. "I wouldn't want to go back only to spend my time ordering orange juice in the Rovers."
    Of the kind of plot that she would like to see, Griffin said: "For Fiona to arrive with a 17-year-old, who looks the image of their dad, Steve McDonald [Simon Gregson]!
    "Fiona would have been pregnant with Steve's baby when she left the Street, although she wouldn't have known it at the time.
    "That would be very interesting as a storyline, but rather depressing for me, personally. To think I'm old enough to have a practically grown-up child!"

I think this would send Tracy and Amy into a hissy fit of jealousy ...
    have to have Jim back as well to shout
    Fi- ownaaa

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-11-2015), Glen1 (13-11-2015), swmc66 (13-11-2015)

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 13-11-2015 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    have to have Jim back as well to shout
    Fi- ownaaa
    could be his child, steve's half brother

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-11-2015), Glen1 (13-11-2015), maidmarian (13-11-2015), swmc66 (13-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    could be his child, steve's half brother
    It`s doubtful as Jim had a vasectomy.
    He admitted it when Fiona thought she was pregnant with Jims child, it turned out to be Alans.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    He admitted it when Fiona thought she was pregnant with Jims child, it turned out to be Alans.
    so did ian beale and he spawned bobby the omen child

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    so did ian beale and he spawned bobby the omen child

Coronation Street fans could be treated to another Cobbles comeback as Angela Griffin has hinted that she'd be open to returning as Fiona Middleton.

Angela originally played hairdresser Fiona for six years between 1992 and 1998, with the character probably best remembered for her fiery relationship with Steve McDonald.

Hot on the heels of the news that Sean Wilson is reprising his role as Martin Platt, Angela has admitted she would be keen to follow suit.

Angela Griffin on Lorraine
    © ITV

Sean is thought to be reprising the role for a brief stint this spring in the aftermath of his son David's male rape ordeal.

When discussing Martin's return on ITV's Lorraine today (January 18), Angela said: "If he's going back you never know who else might go back.

"You never know. Never say never! [The story] has got to have Steve McDonald in it, hasn't it?"

Since leaving Corrie, Angela has gone on to star in several high-profile dramas including Cutting It, Mount Pleasant and Inspector Morse spin-off Lewis.

Digital Spy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-01-2018)

I liked Fiona

Thread Information