Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiona Middleton (Angela Griffin)

Alan turned out to be the father of Fiona's son Morgan. She wasn't sure whether it was his or Jim's, but they had a paternity test which confirmed it was his. It was a good storyline!

Angela Griffin hopes for Corrie comeback

Former Coronation Street star Angela Griffin has admitted that she is keen to reprise her role on the soap.

The actress played hairdresser Fiona Middleton from 1993 to 1998 on the ITV1show, but has never been asked to make a comeback.

Asked if she would return for the programme's 50th anniversary next year, Griffin confirmed: "Oh, I'd love to. Yeah, I've never been invited back."

Speculating on Fiona's current lifestyle, she added: "Well she's got an 11-year-old child now, so I think she's probably married and got another hairdressing business somewhere else."

Griffin has starred in BBC dramas Cutting It, Down To Earth and Waterloo Road since making her departure from the soap.

In an interview last year, the star confirmed that she has fond memories of her Weatherfield stint.

I wouldnt mind her back
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Angela was alright when she was in corrie but what is there for her to come back for. Her mate Maxine is dead and Denise who she worked in the salon with is no longer on the street. The only friend she has is Steve, would they bring her back to wreck Steve and Becky's marrige. Bringing excast members back to a show is only a good idea if they have enough storylines for the character and not used as an excuse just to bring back and old face.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Former Coronation Street star Angela Griffin has reaffirmed her interest in being part of the soap's 50th anniversary celebrations.

The 33-year-old, who played hairdresser Fiona Middleton for five years in the '90s, told PA that she would like to attend the show's birthday party at the very least.

Asked if fans can expect to see her back, Griffin replied: "If I get invited. Hopefully they'll just have a big party. I love a party."

The actress added that Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald), Tracy Shaw (Maxine Peacock) and Glen Hugill (Alan McKenna) are among the former co-stars she has been in contact with recently.

She said: "I saw Simon Gregson at the TV Quick Awards, I don't know if he remembers anything about the conversation that I had with him. I speak to Tracy Shaw every so often, and the lovely Glen Hugill was at the TV Quick Awards and we text each other every so often as well, so I keep in touch vaguely."

In March, Griffin claimed that she was a "terrible" actress in Coronation Street and wanted to redeem herself with a new stint.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/ne...ries-50th.html

I can just about remember her

Was she pregnant by Steve or Jim when she left?

The father of Morgan, Fiona Middleton's baby, is Alan McKenna whom she married.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-11-2009)

She did sleep with Jim Steve's dad also didnt she?

Yes, they had a brief fling but Jim is not the father of her baby

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-11-2009)

Thread Information