Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fiona Middleton (Angela Griffin)

Apparently Fiona is back for a short time only .. presume just to drop the bombshell and then disappear again ....

Another stupid storyline. Where do I start? Firstly, Steve's fertility is beyond a joke now. He had Amy with Tracy when he was going out with Karen, then a few years ago he had Oliver with Leanne when he was married to Michelle. Now he's married to Tracy and apparently has another child, one he didn't even know about until now, and all 3 children seem to have come from a one night stand.
    Also, didn't Emma know her mother had worked as a hairdresser on that same street, in virtually the same hairdressers? (I think Denise owned it at the time) She's never said anything about Fiona's time on the Street before, which makes me wonder if the twist was only planned very recently... You would think she would have mentioned something about the memorial bench, for example, which was dedicated to her mum's best friend.
    Anyway, she's too dark to be Steve's daughter, given that Fiona is mixed race. They've already got this wrong, with Tyrone and Ruby. So many flaws in this storyline!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

lizann (09-07-2019), parkerman (09-07-2019), Perdita (09-07-2019), tammyy2j (09-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Another stupid storyline. Where do I start? Firstly, Steve's fertility is beyond a joke now. He had Amy with Tracy when he was going out with Karen, then a few years ago he had Oliver with Leanne when he was married to Michelle. Now he's married to Tracy and apparently has another child, one he didn't even know about until now, and all 3 children seem to have come from a one night stand.
    Also, didn't Emma know her mother had worked as a hairdresser on that same street, in virtually the same hairdressers? (I think Denise owned it at the time) She's never said anything about Fiona's time on the Street before, which makes me wonder if the twist was only planned very recently... You would think she would have mentioned something about the memorial bench, for example, which was dedicated to her mum's best friend.
    Anyway, she's too dark to be Steve's daughter, given that Fiona is mixed race. They've already got this wrong, with Tyrone and Ruby. So many flaws in this storyline!
    Absolutely. I agree with everything you say, emerald. I immediately thought that about Emma's skin colour too. Of course, Emma would have said " My Mum used to work here " at some point. "Oh, who was your Mum?" someone would have said . Just too silly for words. As for silliness, Gail going to Bangkok ? Er, Why Bangkok?? All on a whim, ticket bought in a flash and where is she going to stay ? Beyond stupid.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

emerald (11-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    As for silliness, Gail going to Bangkok ? Er, Why Bangkok?? All on a whim, ticket bought in a flash and where is she going to stay ? Beyond stupid.
    You should know by now that airline tickets and hotel reservations are not necessary in Coronation Street. You just go to the airport and get on a plane. As their sponsors would say, "Simples".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-07-2019)

That is not necessarily true.. a different skin colour can occur suddenly in a family from several generations ago ...

I think we are to believe Fiona never talked about her Weatherfield time to Emma but if she is in contact now with Emma, she knows where she lives and works

Is she returning in person to Weatherfield or just a call with Emma?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is she returning in person to Weatherfield or just a call with Emma?
    I believe we see her via video call only ..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I believe we see her via video call only ..
    was that skype call it?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...dleton-return/

Coronation Street star Angela Griffin has revealed whether she'll make a return as Fiona Middleton on the ITV soap.

Recently, Angela reprised her role on Corrie when her on-screen daughter Emma Brooker (Alexandra Mardell) discovered that Steve McDonald was her real father.

And speaking about whether there's scope for another return during Monday's (September 9) TV Choice Awards, Angela told Digital Spy and other media: "I think there is in terms that she (Emma) is my daughter and there's unfinished business with Steve, obviously.

"But there's no plans at the moment. I think they are just going to let that storyline play out and see what happens."

Discussing how she felt about her cameo appearance, the actress continued: "Really lovely. I literally went for one day and shot it all, it was really emotional.

"It was a long time ago, when I started on that show I was my daughter's age so to go back was amazing."

"I was quite sad it was for such a short period of time but I couldn't because I am filming for Netflix so there is no way I could," Angela explained. "It's a show called White Lines and it's set in Ibiza."

Angela's Fiona had an on-off relationship with Simon Gregson's character Steve before leaving the cobbles back in 1998.

When asked if there could be a showdown with Steve, Angela replied: "I'd love to film that. He's got Tracey, if anything I think the story would be Tracey, Steve and Fiona in a little triangle.

"We'll see. It will always be a pop in and pop out."

Digital Spy

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (12-09-2019), tammyy2j (11-09-2019)

Thread Information