Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson to play 30 London O2 concerts?

There was a discussion on the radio today asking viewers if anyone would take their kids to see him. I wouldn't I may have went to see him 20 years ago but not now.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

he's a sicko!
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Jackson confirms initial ten O2 dates

Michael Jackson has confirmed an initial ten live dates at London's O2 arena.

The legendary star, who announced the comeback gigs last week, will kick off the residency on July 8.

A further nine dates have been scheduled on July 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 24, 26 and July 28.

More than 14,000 people per minute are visiting the website to register for pre-sale tickets, and so far numbers could see the 20,000 seat arena filled 50 times over.

"We are making show business history here. The demand has exceeded our wildest expectations and without doubt will break box office records," concert promoter Randy Phillips said.

"This is the last chance to see Michael Jackson in London, we are doing everything we can at AEG live to ensure as many fans as possible can be a part of the experience."

Ticket prices start at £50. Official pre-sale begins at 7am on Wednesday, March 11 on www.MichaelJacksonLive.com.

MICHAEL JACKSON’s London comeback is going ahead with a little help from rock Lord ROD STEWART.
    The FACES frontman is renting Jacko his swish Essex mansion as the weird one stages his ten-show residency at The O2 in July.

I bet thrifty Rod is charging the King Of Pop a king’s ransom for the trouble too.

Rod The Mod’s gaff is just 3½miles outside Greater London.

It is set among the 180-acre Copped Hall estate — and even has a five-a-side football pitch.

Wacko has also revealed he WILL release new music in time for his spectacular return.

RANDY PHILLIPS, the boss of concert promoters AEG Live, said: “There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date.”

Phillips also hinted the Don’t Stop ’Til You Get Enough singer could take a leaf out of PRINCE’s book and give away a brand new album to fans who go to his shows.

During the pocket-sized funk maestro’s 21-night residency at the East London venue in 2007, a copy of his latest collection Planet Earth was handed out to punters as they filed in.

Phillips added: “Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans.”

Perhaps he could dish out some Jesus Juice as a little bonus?

I’ve also managed to unearth some details of Jacko’s show, which kicks off on July 8 with the last night on July 28.

He is planning to emulate illusionist DAVID BLAINE and FLOAT over the stage.

Phillips said: “He wants to use some technical effects that have never been seen before.”

The multi Grammy Award-winner has not performed a full-length concert since 1997. He has been plagued by ill-health ever since.

Concerned about the strain an hour-and-a-half live show will put on his frail, 50-year-old frame, the star is training an army of dance doubles who will take responsibility for some of his more challenging routines.

i dont see the appeal!? people are going crazy for him like he's god or something!!!!???

my friend is trying to get us all up at 5:30am on Friday to get tickets for her!? i think not!

He's never been that great, and now after this long abcence, surely he's out of touch from it all now? Sounds like this is just an excuse to pay off his lawyer debts.

He WAS a genius.

He is now, past it and tainted.

Got my tickets in the presale this morning!!! woo hoo!!!!

I got a text (as I'm on O2) for priority tickets. Was going to delete it but then kept it for my friend.. By that time (a few hours later) the tickets sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    Got my tickets in the presale this morning!!! woo hoo!!!!
    Let us know how the concert went please

Michael Jackson has added nine extra dates at the O2 arena following the pre-sale launch.

On top of the original shows, Jackson will also play the venue on August 1, 3, 10, 12, 17, 24, 26, 28 and 30.

Pre-sale tickets were available for registered fans from 7am this morning.

The 50-year-old popstar, who announced his 'This Is It' live comeback last week, has not played a full concert since his child molestation trial in 2005.

Further dates and tickets details are expected to be announced over the next few days.

Thread Information