Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson to play 30 London O2 concerts?

Jackson to play 30 London O2 concerts?

Michael Jackson will announce a 30-date live residency at London's O2 later this week, say reports.

According to The Sun, the popstar, 50, arrived at Luton airport yesterday before being taken to a hotel in Knightsbridge with his children.

Jackson is expected to appear at a press conference on Thursday afternoon at the O2. A new album and live shows are rumoured to be part of the announcement, but no details have been confirmed by Sony.

Tabloid reports claim that the singer may receive up to £5 million for each live date.

Jackson's last comeback was at the World Music Awards in 2006, but he was roundly criticised for only performing a couple of lines from 'We Are The World' at the London ceremony.

Have his children ever been to a school or do they only receive private tuition?

isnt he a pedophile
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

He always denied the charges and he was found not guilty on all charges in his trial.

Is anyone planning to see this?

I've been a fan for god knows how long, but he i don't think he is the same now, and am totally torn about seeing him, i have not liked many of his songs since 1997 (granted since 1997 he hasn't really relased many but i think out of what he did release i liked 3)

Sig dedicated to Charley

Michael Jackson to Make a Special Announcement in London
    at the O2
    Attention Fans! AEG Live is inviting you down to The O2 in London for a very special announcement from Michael Jackson. Access is granted on a first come first served basis.

Here are the details:
    WHAT: Michael Jackson to Make A Special Announcement
    WHEN: Thursday, March 5th
    TIME: Suggested Arrival Time is 1pm.
    Press Conference Starts at 4pm.

WHERE: The O2
    Grand Concourse
    Peninsula Square
    London SE10 0DX

http://www.michaeljackson.com/pressconference
    Last edited by sindydoll; 05-03-2009 at 13:49. Reason: just read this on his website!!

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    Michael Jackson to Make a Special Announcement in London
    at the O2
    Attention Fans! AEG Live is inviting you down to The O2 in London for a very special announcement from Michael Jackson. Access is granted on a first come first served basis.

Here are the details:
    WHAT: Michael Jackson to Make A Special Announcement
    WHEN: Thursday, March 5th
    TIME: Suggested Arrival Time is 1pm.
    Press Conference Starts at 4pm.

WHERE: The O2
    Grand Concourse
    Peninsula Square
    London SE10 0DX

http://www.michaeljackson.com/pressconference
    OMG!! He is touring, not surprised, will get more money touring here than in the US, plus more privacy

The Tickets are going to be an outrageous price, I wouldn't pay the money. I preferred him when he sung with the Jackson 5

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Michael Jackson made a dramatic appearance in London today to confirm he is will make his live comeback at the O2 Arena this summer. Arriving over 90 minutes late, with a collection of fans driven into absolute frenzy, the self-styled King Of Pop told the international media "This is it", calling the dates "the final curtain call". Although he made no official confirmation of how many concerts will take place, it is believed that ten shows will kick-off at the venue from July 8, with a pre-sale scheduled at www.michaeljackson.com.

Taking to the stage following an introduction from Dermot O'Leary, Jackson strolled off a tour bus, sidestepped a golf buggy backstage and emerged from behind a red curtain to tell the world: "I love you so much. This is it. I just want to say that this will be my final performances in London. When I say this is it, I mean this is it. I will be performing the songs my fans want to hear. This really is the final curtain call and I'll see you in July." With that he was off, a frail but enigmatic display which suggests the greatest comeback in pop history could actually happen.

Posters promoting Jackson's return and advertising plans for 10 dates in June at the former Millennium Dome begun to emerge across the UK capital's Underground network this morning. Meanwhile, the British media insist the singer has passed a rigorous series of health checks, to ensure he is up to the demands of such intense live showmanship and is also clear of his many reported ailments. "Every physical test under the sun was done to ensure all bases were covered. They are confident his health is good enough to perform", a source told The Daily Mirror.

Fans from the public eye have joined his loyal band of followers in paying tribute to Jackson and celebrating the news. "He sort of transcends everything now doesn't he?", commented Chris Lowe from the Pet Shop Boys. "It's almost like he doesn't exist. I think that's the appeal, that this person you can't image actually physically exists anymore", he said. Many have gathered outside his London hotel, hoping to see their idol, including Rhianan Adam, who said: "I've been a fan since I was five...and I've waited 12 years for him to perform again. I thought his career was going to be over."
    Last edited by sindydoll; 05-03-2009 at 18:23.

according to the daily mail tickets are going to be £50 and £75..which isnt too bad! he will be duing 10 nights at the 02 around 20,000 tickets will go on sale for each concert tickets go on sale next friday at 7am he will net £35m! to get tickets you have to go through his website

If he was playing in my backgarden, I would pull the curtains and turn the TV up loud - I cannot stand the man, never could and never will.

Thread Information