Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Danniella in return to Enders?

Dallas ran from 1978 to 1991, but it has been repeated on Gold and such like channels many times since.

I agree it was much better than Dynasty.

For a criminal on the run, Sam Mitchell certainly isn't laying low after returning to Walford.
    Despite being a fugitive for four years, the brassy blonde has returned to Albert Square to see her family and reunite with ex-husband Ricky Butcher.

During her first few days back, she re-introduces herself to the locals by dancing on the table in the Queen Vic pub wearing a skimpy pink and orange dress.
    The scenes mark Danniella Westbrook's comeback as Sam after nine years away from the soap.

Hello boys: Sam Mitchell (Danniella Westbrook) announces her return to Walford by dancing on a table at the Queen Vic, watched by her ex-husband Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen)

Drawing a crowd: Sam entertains Ronnie Mitchell, Joel Reynolds, Bianca Jackson, Billy Mitchell, Charlie Slater and Patrick Trueman

Sam was last seen fleeing Albert Square after being charged with perverting the course of justice after she helped Chrissie Watts bury Den Watts' body after he was murdered in the Queen Vic.

Of course, the last time Sam appeared on screen, she was played by actress Kim Medcalf, who replaced original Sam Danniella in 2002.
    After hiding out with brother Grant in Brazil for the past few years, the 34-year-old has returned to Walford... but isn't quite ready to face the consequences of her involvement in Den's murder by his wife Chrissie.

Hi Mum: Peggy Mitchell (Barbara Windsor) and son Phil (Steve McFadden) are stunned to see her daughter Sam has returned to Albert Square

Cold welcome: Both Phil and Bianca are furious about Sam's return... for very different reasons

After her brother Phil (Steve McFadden) sent Sam's ex Ricky (Sid Owen) to Brazil to see her, the hapless taxi driver decided to bring her home - despite her fugitive status.
    Phil is furious Sam has returned because he fears she will jailed by police.

While her brother Phil and mother Peggy (Barbara Windsor) attempt to keep Sam laying low, the attention-seeker can't wait to announce her return and gives Queen Vic regulars a taste of Brazil with an impromptu samba performance.
    Wearing a £70 pink and orange Lipsy colourblock dress and killer heels, Sam cavorts on a table to the delight of her cousin Ronnie and male drinkers.

Skimpy: Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) rifles through Sam's suitcase full of lingerie watched by a concerned Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick)

Watching in disgust is Bianca Jackson (Patsy Palmer), who is battling Sam for their ex-husband Ricky's affections.
    Unbeknownst to Phil and Peggy, Sam has been working as a topless model in Brazil, but it isn't long before her secret is rumbled by cousin Roxy (Rita Simons).
    : Danniella as Sam and Sid Owen as Ricky in a scene from EastEnders in 1991

Teasing her relative, Roxy says: 'You want me to keep quiet? I want a cut. A new top should do... Oh sorry, you don't do tops, do you? Only top-less.'
    Roxy's taunts prompt Sam to reveal she has been struggling to find even topless work because of her age.
    She replies: 'They turned me down, okay? I'm too old, I've lost it. I can't even do that. If I ain't got my looks, what else have I got?'
    Sam's saucy career is nearly rumbled when her cousin Billy's (Perry Fenwick) surrogate son Jay Brown finds a selection of skimpy underwear in her suitcase.
    It is hardly any time at all before Sam and Ricky are announcing their engagement.
    Sam, who wed Ricky in a teen elopement to Gretna Green, confides in her mother that she has fallen in love with him, and Peggy quizzes him about his feelings.
    But the announcement leaves his second ex-wife Bianca heartbroken, after she too hoped to rekindle their lost relationship.

Keep quiet: Phil tells Minty Peterson (Cliff Parisi) not to tell anyone about Sam's return

Trouble: Sam and Peggy are disappointed when a lawyer tells her case is hopeless because she breached her bail conditions

In an episode to be screened on September 8, Sam is given the crushing news that her chance of avoiding a jail term is very slim.

Danniella, 35, first played Sam between 1990 and 1993. During her first stint, the character first fell in with Ricky aged 15 and the spark between the underage couple had the audience on the edge of their seats.
    During that busy period, Sam also attempted to become a topless model, had an affair, was evicted from her home, became a squatter, fought on a regular basis with Grant and Phil, and went through a marriage break-up.

Enlarge

She's back: Danniella's Sam Mitchell is back in the arms of Ricky Butcher, played by Sid Owen

Danniella returned in 1995 after a spell in rehab for cocaine addiction. In the show Sam was traced to Spain by her brothers and she fell in with David Wicks (Michael French).

But the actress was axed a year later after continued drug use and, it was reported at the time, for giving away the outcome of a storyline on a chat show - a love triangle between Ricky, Bianca and Sam. So Sam departed for Spain in March 1996 after falling for a Spanish tourist.

Danniella returned again in 1999 for a year, where her character had romances with her brothers' enemies Beppe di Marco (Michael Greco) and Steve Owen (Martin Kemp). Sam left again after moving to North London.
    During Kim Medcalf's turn as Sam, between 2002 and 2005, she reignited her relationship with Steve Owen, then Beppe, and then fell in love with, and had a short-lived marriage with, gangster Andy Hunter (Michael Higgs).
    She was conned by her husband into giving away all her family's properties, including the Vic, and she, Zoe Slater and Chrissie Watts lured Dirty Den Watts to the Queen Vic to take revenge.

• Sam's return to EastEnders can be seen on BBC1 on Monday 7th September at 8:00pm.
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

i know a lot of people are shooting down Sam's return, but im quite looking forward to it! will certainly throw the cat among the pigeons, and any chance for the Mitchells to take centre stage can only be a good thing!

So stupid, the Sam who left in 2005 didnt go on like that anymore dancing about on tables. she was classier than that and now they've just totally changed her.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Layne (07-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    So stupid, the Sam who left in 2005 didnt go on like that anymore dancing about on tables. she was classier than that and now they've just totally changed her.
    i prefered the 2nd sam she did have class! the 1st sam is just tarty
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    i prefered the 2nd sam she did have class! the 1st sam is just tarty
    Yes, but as one of the Mitchell "famerlee" surely she's more likely to be tarty than have any class.
    Last edited by parkerman; 02-09-2009 at 07:31.

this is exactly what I meant by my backwards comment... Kim brought a more mature Sam and now they have gone back to a slut
    Super Mod

you took the words right out of my mouth,the old sam would never of been a topless model or be as brashy as the new one...by rights she should be in the slammer!..surely when she came through passport control she would've flashed up and the police would've been alerted!

oh,but then again,that's real life...this is eastenders....we all know ricky will be with bianca in the end,this is eastenders delaying things!
    If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life...With confidence, you have won even before you have started. - Marcus Garvy

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    who does she look like there!

another question is WHY would Sam wanna come back to scruffy Walford after sunning it up in Brazil?
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

she looks like Pauline Fowler in this one
    Super Mod

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (08-09-2009)

Thread Information