Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steps reunite for UK tour

Seeing the the Spice Girls abandoned their tour towards the end, I would suggest that they all fancied the £10m each more than the reunion in itself. They had to get back together to attract that kind of money, I doubt they would have done the tour if the money had been less.

I have faith in them. They really wanted to finish the tour but it was just too much (no pun intended ) - they'd been touring like, 35 dates more than they had originally intended. It was meant to be 12 dates (I think...) but due to the high demand they added loads more dates in London and North America.

If only other people tried to understand that..

Steps have revealed that they are likely to reform for a reunion tour in the future.

Band member Lee Latchford-Evans confirmed that the group had been approached to do a string of live shows but insisted that there were no immediate plans to get back together.

"We all had a fabulous time in Steps and the success we had all over the world was amazing," Music-News quotes him as saying.

"There have been some offers put to us to get back together and do a tour but it isn't the right time right now.

"We are all still friends and get along fine so a reunion is something I don't rule out. I just can't see it happening right now."

The star, who was briefly in reality TV pop band Upper Street, added that he wanted to focus instead on new projects.

"I am enjoying getting away from the cheesy pop image with my acting. I have just played the part of an alcoholic, gambling addicted thug in a movie called Ten Dead Men and it was brilliant - about as far away from my image in Steps as you can get.

"Steps was light hearted, bubble gum, cheesy pop so playing the part of gangster was certainly a departure for me.

"I’m heavily into fitness and don't really drink so it was great to play a part that was so dark and sinister, so different to my own character and from what I've done in the past."

Steps enjoyed fifteen consecutive Top 10 singles and four Top 5 albums before disbanding in December 2001. Band members H & Claire went on to achieve limited success as a duo.

i wanna go
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Same here

When will they tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Same here

When will they tour?
    nothings been confirmed yet so probably next year
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Or maybe the end of the year, provided that they announce a tour in the next few months. That's what the Spice Girls did anyway...

I remember singing and liking more songs from Steps in comparison to the Spice Girls tbh.. No way would I go and see them now though

Thread Information