Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney)

https://youtu.be/HyjDv1mSFbM

Neighbours fans, it's the moment you've been waiting for - Toadie Rebecchi appears to come face to face with his wife Dee Bliss in this new trailer.

Madeleine West is reprising her role as Dee for an unmissable guest stint, which will see her popular character return from the dead and head back to Ramsay Street to shake up life for Toadie.

Today's dramatic season finale (December 2) will see Toadie faced with the prospect of Dee being alive for the first time, but the aftermath has been teased in the promo above.

It seems that Toadie will be unable to put the sighting of Dee behind him as the show heads into the New Year, and will even hire a private investigator to track her down - much to the horror of his current wife Sonya.

Nothing could prepare us for that look on Toadie's face as he opens the door, but what he'll do after coming face to face with Dee remains to be seen.

The promo also features a huge dilemma for another Ramsay Street resident as Paige Smith discovers she is pregnant.

Of course, this story won't be without a fair few complications as Paige recently had a forbidden one-night stand with her on-off priest lover Jack Callahan. The teasers above see him demanding to know whether or not she's carrying his baby, as he insists it would be the end of his career.

Jack Callahan is targeted with abusive graffiti in Neighbours
    CHANNEL 5

Other standout moments in the trailer include Elly Conway appearing to have a secret, Piper and Tyler enjoying their rekindled relationship, and Karl Kennedy on a trip to London.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-12-2016), MellBee (04-12-2016), Pantherboy (02-12-2016)

Of course, this story won't be without a fair few complications as Paige recently had a forbidden one-night stand with her on-off priest lover Jack Callahan. The teasers above see him demanding to know whether or not she's carrying his baby, as he insists it would be the end of his career.
    Well of course !!!! its what she wanted all along .... another Paige Plan comes together .....

dup
    Last edited by indigodance; 03-12-2016 at 18:21. Reason: Dup

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    dup
    If you use the Go Advanced option before posting, you won´t duplicate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-12-2016)

Well of course !!!! its what she wanted all along .... another Paige Plan comes together .....
    I know you dislike Paige but this is just silly lmao, one of the reasons her and Mark didn't work is because she didn't want kids, so to suggest that she would deliberately sleep with him to get pregnant, to make him leave the Church is ridiculous.

tayfanatic .... appols .... should have been a bit clearer in my intentions - comment was about getting Jack to leave the church, and sleeping with him was like "this is what you're missing" so I got you now .... I don't think the pregnancy was the intended outcome in her mind ... but as the story line has them at loggerheads over the churches views on unwanted pregnancies .... it looks like the story writers were heading down this road anyway.

Cant wait till Jan 17 for Toady and Dee episodes.

tayfanatic .... appols .... should have been a bit clearer in my intentions - comment was about getting Jack to leave the church, and sleeping with him was like "this is what you're missing" so I got you now .... I don't think the pregnancy was the intended outcome in her mind ... but as the story line has them at loggerheads over the churches views on unwanted pregnancies .... it looks like the story writers were heading down this road anyway.

Cant wait till Jan 17 for Toady and Dee episodes.
    I get you, no worries and yeah it should be very interesting, especially because of how things are at the moment with Toadie and Sonya

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tayfanatic For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (05-12-2016)

We don't envy Neighbours legend Toadie Rebecchi right now. Not only is he dealing with the repercussions of Dee Bliss's shock return from the dead, he's also just discovered that he has a 13-year-old daughter he knew nothing about.

Throw in his wife Sonya's surrogacy agreement with their friends Mark and Steph and it's enough to give the Toadmeister a real headache.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie, to chat about his popular character's biggest year yet.

What was your first reaction when you found out that Neighbours were bringing back Dee?

"I was kind of thinking: 'Oh no, I hope this isn't really eggy!' But luckily the scriptwriters did a fantastic job and they came up with a great scenario. We've been lucky enough to have Madeleine West back as Dee and she's a brilliant actress, so it's been great.

"When I first heard, I thought: 'Oh no! This is going to be a really full-on storyline and I don't really want to put myself through it all'. But then I thought: 'Okay, let's see what we can do'. I was excited at the prospect of taking the audience on an absolutely horrendous journey."

Did the producers keep you in the dark over the whole arc of the story?

"No, we got the whole story all in one, so that gave us the ability to be able to set it up and hit all the proper points that we needed to."

Madeleine West told us that Neighbours have been asking her back for years, so have you always known it was a possibility in the mix?

"We've always joked about it and said: 'We never found Dee's body so she could come back!' But the right opportunity and the right storyline came up in this case. All the stars aligned and we've come up with a brilliant story."

How easy was it to build up a chemistry with Madeleine after 13 years apart?

"It was really easy, actually. Looking back at some of the old stuff, I remembered that she was a good actress. But then after 13 years apart, Madeleine came back in and she'd only got better in that time.

"It was really easy to build up that rapport again. We said: 'Okay, let's create this train wreck together and take the audience on this journey'. It was great and really enjoyable."

Do you think Toadie still has romantic feelings for Dee?

"Well, it's not that he ever fell out of love with Dee – he accidentally killed her on the wedding day! He thought that she was dead all this time and that he was responsible for it. So it's not like he doesn't love Dee anymore, it's completely different. He also has a massive sense of guilt and responsibility over everything that's happened to her."

How worried should Sonya be right now?

"Well, I don't know that she should be worried, really. Toadie and Sonya are very solid together. Yes, they're having their issues at the moment because of Sonya having Mark's baby and Toadie's insecurities around that, but they're solid."

We keep going back and forth on whether Dee is the real deal or not...

"Well that's the point of it! (Laughs.)"

How will Toadie react to the bombshell that he has a long-lost daughter, Willow?

"Well, when he finds out that Willow is his daughter, it's absolutely mind blowing for him. He's missed out on all of her life and she's missed out on his, so there's a lot of guilt surrounding that.

"But it seems like Willow is really cool and he gets on really well with her. He feels able to pour all the love that he's feeling into her without any repercussions. So he really wants to embrace Willow and give her everything she's missed out on so far."

Some fans think Toadie doesn't stand up to Sonya enough when she gets an idea in her head that affects him too, like the surrogacy. What are your thoughts?

"I think Toadie probably does stand up to Sonya quite a bit, but she just kind of does things that she wants anyway! It's one of those scenarios where you love the person, they love you, you say your piece... but they're just going to do it anyway!"

How would you feel if they split up in this storyline?

"I'd be gutted. They've got each other's backs and they're truly in love. It'd be horrendous if they split up."

On a separate note, Neighbours recently apologised for misspelling your name in the opening titles... after 22 years in the show! Were you offended?

"No, I couldn't really care. It's not a big thing and they corrected it the next day, so it wasn't really a big deal."

There's also been a Twitter account claiming to be you for years now. Was it real or fake?

"Fake! I actually joined Twitter just to contact him and say: 'Thanks very much, mate, you've been doing a good job. You've been writing some funny stuff, but please stop pretending to be me now?' He's done that now and he's got rid of the account."

One last question... Team Sonya or Team Dee?

"I couldn't choose! I'll leave it up to you guys to choose!"

Digital Spy

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (02-02-2017), MellBee (02-02-2017), Pantherboy (01-02-2017), Ruffed_lemur (01-02-2017)

Just when you thought Neighbours legend Toadie Rebecchi has dealt with enough "shock bombshells" recently, his wife Sonya goes and adds another one to the ever-growing list.

Friday's episode of the Aussie soap ended with a pretty worrying moment for Toadie, as Sonya (Eve Morey) admitted that she may not be able to give up the baby that she's carrying for Mark Brennan and Steph Scully.

Sonya agreed to be a surrogate mum for the couple late last year, even offering up her own eggs to make it happen, but everything has turned sour just weeks later thanks to Mark and Steph's relationship hitting the rocks.

Both have made it very clear that the baby remains their number one priority, and Mark has even vowed to raise the child as a single father if the worst comes to worst.

However, in the closing moments of the latest episode, Sonya told Toadie: "I'm trying not to think about it but I can't stop. Seeing Mark just standing there declaring that he's going to raise a baby on his own."

When Toadie pointed out that it might not come to that, Sonya replied: "The way things are between them, it wouldn't surprise me. And if the worst thing does happen and Steph bails... Jarrod, I don't know if I'm going to be able to just hand the baby over to him."

Yikes!

We have a feeling Toadie will not be happy with Sonya's intentions this time, especially since the timing couldn't be worse.

Already dealing with his dead wife Dee Bliss's return from the dead (unaware she's an impostor) and getting to know his 13-year-old daughter Willow (unaware she's a 15-year-old who's nothing to do with him), can Toadie find a way to deal with this crisis too?

Digital Spy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-02-2017), Pantherboy (03-02-2017)

Ugh Sonya is so annoying. She has some nerve! She basically forced Mark and Steph to go ahead with this surrogacy for her own closure, and in doing so she created friction between them leading to their inevitable break up (fair enough I never liked them as a couple, but it is still rude on Sonya's part). She then proceeds to blame them for leaving her carrying a baby that she thinks needs a stable upbringing, as if she could never have anticipated the obvious scepticism from Steph - it was so obvious! And now she wants to keep the baby, thus further burdening Toadie after she forced him to agree to the surrogacy too. She has no shame.
    ^ I know that was passionate, but she just gets on my nerves.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PennyMartin For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-02-2017), indigodance (10-02-2017)

Thread Information