Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney)

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has said that he wouldn't rule out an affair storyline involving his character Toadie Rebecchi and wife Sonya.

The actor hinted that Toadie and Sonya's marriage may need to be tested in order to keep things interesting.

Speaking to All About Soap, Maloney said: "Eve (Morey) is very connected to her character and couldn't stand Sonya cheating on her husband, while one of Toadie's strengths comes from his integrity and standing up for what is right.

"I think cheating is the last thing he would do, but what a fall from grace it would be if he ever did! Besides, Neighbours is a soap, after all, and things have got to stay interesting - so there might be a hint of an affair somewhere..."

Moloney had previously suggested that an affair could be on the cards for Toadie in a recent Q&A on Twitter.

Neighbours' Toadie Rebecchi confronts Jacob Holmes later this month following the discovery that he kissed his wife Sonya.

As previously reported, Sonya will be left battling with her conscience after Jacob tried to kiss her, and after initially keeping it to herself, she eventually decides to tell Toadie everything.

Toadie (Ryan Moloney) is furious by Sonya's confession and after confronting Jacob (Clayton Watson), he tells him that he no longer wants to be his lawyer.

Knowing that she did the wrong thing about not telling Toadie about the kiss sooner, Sonya (Eve Morey) is willing to go along with whatever Toadie decides and supports his choice.

Toadie later changes his mind and agrees to represent Jacob, knowing it is the right thing to do. However, he gives Jacob an ultimatum - he will help him on the condition that Jacob ceases all contact with Sonya. What will Jacob do?

Toadie confronts Jacob.
    © Channel 5
    Toadie confronts Jacob.

Jacob has his say.
    © Channel 5
    Jacob has his say.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, February 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney believes that his character Toadie Rebecchi's former wife Dee should seek revenge if she ever returned.

Viewers last saw Toadie's wife Dee in 2003 after Toadie drove their car off a cliff and into the sea, following their wedding ceremony.

Speaking in a Q+A chat session on the official Neighbours Youtube page, Maloney said that it would be 'interesting' to see Dee (Madeleine West) make a reappearance.

He said: "I think Madeleine West has moved on to some other things, namely gangland dramas where she is doing incredibly well. I think she is enjoying herself over there.

"Will Dee ever come back? It would be interesting. How could she come back?

"Maybe she could come back as a vengeful lover that I didn't keep looking for her and she needs to get revenge on me for driving her off the cliff in the first place.

"That would be the point really. That is why she wants to get revenge because I might have killed her."

Maloney recently said that he wouldn't rule out an affair for Toadie.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-03-2014), tammyy2j (05-03-2014)

It'd be great to have Dee back

I think Dee coming back is such a Neighbour's fan dream storyline, it would be a proper old-school drama if it finally happened!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-03-2014)

Well, they never found her body, did they?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lellygurl For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    I think Dee coming back is such a Neighbour's fan dream storyline, it would be a proper old-school drama if it finally happened!
    Quote Originally Posted by lellygurl View Post
    Well, they never found her body, did they?
    I'm another Neighbours fan who's always dreamed that Dee will return one day. It'd make for delicious drama

I was the person who asked him that question. I'd never heard him talk about Dee before. I looked at interviews on Perfect Blend and they hadn't asked him about Dee.

Edit: Would I want to see Dee return? Only if they got it right. And I doubt it'll ever happen.
    Last edited by rockfenris2005; 12-03-2014 at 08:27.

Neighbours' Ryan Moloney has said that he would like to stay in the show for another few years.

The actor has played Ramsay Street's Toadie Rebecchi for 19 years after joining the soap in 1995.

Speaking to News.com.au about how long he plans to stay on the show, Moloney said: "Another few years would be good."

Discussing Toadie's eventual exit plot, he added: "I think maybe some kind of contagious pathogen that wipes out half of Ramsay Street, and it's Toadie's fault because he's brought it back from the Himalayas."

Moloney also revealed that despite having been in the show for so long, he still doesn't get noticed by fans when he visits the UK.

Toadie takes his vows.
    © Channel 5
    Toadie and Sonya in Neighbours

He said: "It's actually quite strange. When you wander around the UK, people don't believe that it's you.

"I've seen people go, 'Hang on, is that Toadie? Nah, of course it's not'."

Earlier this year, Moloney hinted at a possible affair storyline for Toadie.

Viewers will start to see newcomer Naomi Canning develop feelings for Toadie in an upcoming storyline.

Neighbours couple Toadie and Sonya Rebecchi will struggle with more trust issues after inviting Naomi Canning back into their lives.

Naomi (Morgana O'Reilly) was recently fired from her job as Toadie's PA after she crossed the line by trying to kiss him following weeks of scheming.

Toadie and Sonya struggle with Angie's arrival.
    © Channel 5
    Toadie and Sonya

Despite the tense fallout from Naomi's duplicity, an upcoming storyline will see Sonya (Eve Morey) arrange for her to get her job back.

Sonya makes the surprising decision as she notices how much Toadie (Ryan Moloney) is struggling without having his efficient assistant on board at the law firm.

Although Sonya is ready to put her personal dislike for Naomi aside, it's not long before she begins to worry about the possibility that her enemy could return to her old tricks.

Sonya's concerns are obvious when she starts repeatedly checking on Toadie and Naomi at work, wanting to make sure that their relationship remains strictly professional.

Naomi realises Sonya knows about her kiss with Toadie
    © Channel 5
    Naomi and Sonya

Although Sonya seemingly has nothing to worry about this time, she later goes a step further by checking through Toadie's emails when she gets a moment alone in his office.

A Neighbours source told Digital Spy: "Toadie ends up catching Sonya when she is snooping through his computer. Will he understand her concerns or are they about to clash again?"

Thread Information