Thread: 'Hustle' to return for sixth series

'Hustle' to return for sixth series

BBC drama Hustle is to return for a sixth series.

The corporation confirmed that the show has been recommissioned for a new run, which is expected to air in 2010.

The current series, which draws to a close tomorrow, was one of the most popular dramas on BBC One.

"We are really pleased with the way that series five has been received. It's always difficult to maintain a drama's following when you've been off air for a period of time," said writer/producer Tony Jordan.

"Having a fabulous actor like Adrian Lester back in the fold has really helped. I've already got some great ideas for series six, so I can't wait to get cracking on the scripts."

The current series of Hustle concludes tomorrow at 9pm on BBC One

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Chloe-Elise (13-02-2009), tammyy2j (05-01-2010)

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    it has been a pretty good series,, even Matt DeAngelo was good in it..I have been enjoying it alot .. has any one been watching it ????

Yes, I have and I am with you on this one, Jody, love it.

TV fans will be seeing a lot more of sexy Kelly Adams after the new girl on the block re-signed for the next series of Hustle.

BBC chiefs havere-commissioned the hit show about a crafty bunch of con artists for a sixth season next year.

And Kelly, 29, who plays tricky Emma Kennedy, will be back on board. Kelly and fellow actor Matt Di Angelo, 21, joined the latest series to replace outgoing Jaime Murray, 31, and 41-year-old Marc Warren.

* The final episode in the current series of Hustle will be screened tonight on BBC1 at 9pm.

I heard this this morning Im so glad - i LOVE Hustle, always have!! Kelly and Matt have been ace this series - hope they both come back next year!

great news, just wish they made their series longer than 6 episodes!!!!

Brilliant news, I absolutely love this show The new series has been loads better than I thought it would be aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    great news, just wish they made their series longer than 6 episodes!!!!
    I agreee - i can't believe that its over ..... should be longer

Hustle's return to BBC One was beaten last night by Lynda La Plante's Above Suspicion.

According to early viewing figures, ITV1's new series of La Plante's drama was seen by 6.74m (25.6%) at 9pm, making it the most-watched programme during the hour.

Hustle, returning for its sixth series, pulled in an impressive 6.05m (22.9%) but failed to beat its rival. Last year, series five of the Adrian Lester-fronted drama opened to 5.71m (23.3%), but won the hour by around 2 million viewers.

I miss Danny and Stacey

Thread Information