Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    I've signed up - but i dont get it - you follow people and they follow you. Facebook is DEFFO better; im not really fussed about all the celebs!
    do you actually talk to the celebrities? how do we know its them though
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 19-04-2009 at 20:16.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Well as far as i get - you folllow them, and can comment on what they say - and them you. Some of them i suppose you don't know its them, but Jonathon Ross and Stephen Fry are like Twitter addicts and have their own accounts

Heather Mills has vowed to "tell it exactly like it is" on Twitter after joining the social networking site.

The former model set up her own page on the microblogging service earlier this week and has since attracted 83 followers.

Writing on her official website, Mills explained: "I thought it about time that I joined the online Twitter revolution, so I'll be tweeting on issues close to my heart, both in and out of the news, posting favourite links to websites and campaigns or stuff that simply makes me laugh or even cry.

"I'll be sharing recipe ideas, my thoughts and feelings on any number of things. Of course I promise to try not to be too controversial but I can really only be me, and in all honesty I wouldn't be true to myself if I didn't tell it exactly like it is."

She added: "It seems there have been quite a few people pretending to be me, twittering in my name. How very dare they!"

The ex-wife of Sir Paul McCartney posted two updates on her page on Thursday night but has not yet returned to the website.

Mills recently announced plans to clear the internet of media "lies" about her personal life.

Anything to remain in the public eye, can't see too many people following her though

When is she going to get the message that the public don't give a toss about her or what lies have been supposingly told.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i went on there the other day and was looking at a few different peoples ones. i found it quite boring tbh
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I followed the NUS official one when it was conference week. It was great to know what was happening every few minutes (yes, I was sad enough to refresh the page every five minutes to see what motions had been passed) because I couldn't be there in person.

For general, every day friends and family I find it a bit strange. Constant, one line updates on what people are doing If I wanted to know that, I'd ring or text them.

I have an account on there, but I dont use it, I prefer Facebook

I don't get Twitter. I was considering signing up and had a proper look round the site, but really all you do it seems is type what you are doing like 10 times a day? e.g. "Hiya, just gone to the toilet xx"

Like Abigail said, if I wanted to know what people were up to, I'd get in touch.

Yep, it's not like facebook where you can play games or apps. It's basically telling followers what you're doing.

Maybe it's more interesting for followers of famous people like Ashton Kutcher (most followed tweeter)

Thinking about signing up is it any good?

Thread Information