Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter

lol that's how exciting my life is at the moment

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    lol Love it Dave!!! I twitter utter tosh half the time lol

Kirstie Alley is another that does that too - I was following her for ages and then decided I couldn't cope with her ramblings anymore lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (13-06-2009)

I have twitter have done for a while but i keep on forgetting i have it so it's not used as often as it could be.

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    lol Love it Dave!!! I twitter utter tosh half the time lol

Kirstie Alley is another that does that too - I was following her for ages and then decided I couldn't cope with her ramblings anymore lol
    I used to love Kirstie and then it was so shocking to see her balloon in weight!

Really liking Twitter actually - I am following Alan Davies, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Ruth Lorenzo Alexandra Burke, Alan Carr chattyman (who is following me back!) Chris Moyles..

Though I do twitter random rubbish when I'm bored.

drinking a lovely cup of tea whilst watching a fly journey round my room... gripping stuff eh

Teen girl electricuted to death after Twittering in the bath!

A teenage girl was electrocuted after dropping her laptop into the bath as she twittered in the tub.

Police said they believed Maria Barbu, 17, had tried to plug in her laptop with wet hands after the battery died during a long session on social networking site Twitter as she took a soak at her home in Brasov, central Romania.

She was found dead by her parents with the laptop lying next to her.
    http://www.austriantimes.at/index.php?id=14023

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    Really liking Twitter actually - I am following Alan Davies, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Ruth Lorenzo Alexandra Burke, Alan Carr chattyman (who is following me back!) Chris Moyles..

drinking a lovely cup of tea whilst watching a fly journey round my room... gripping stuff eh
    Don't forget Alan Carr's "personal" account too - doesn't update it often, but when he does, there's a string of hilarious one liners - will have you in stitches Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post

Don't forget Alan Carr's "personal" account too - doesn't update it often, but when he does, there's a string of hilarious one liners - will have you in stitches Dave
    I've starting following him now too as well. He is so funny I think he's wonderful. I don't update my Twitter very often, but I like reading the updates as some of them are interesting or hilarious.

A computer geek in Guatemala has become one of the first in the world to be arrested for Twittering.

Jean Anleu was so tired with corruption in his country that he decided to vent his feeling with a 96-character message on the social-networking site.

The message, or tweet, has now earned him a potential five-year prison sentence.

Writing under his internet alias "jeanfer," Mr Anleu urged depositors to pull their money from Guatemala's rural development bank, whose management has been challenged in a political scandal: "First concrete action should be take cash out of Banrural and bankrupt the bank of the corrupt."

These words illegally undermined public trust in Guatemala's banking system, according to prosecutor Genaro Pacheco. Authorities proved Mr Anleu sent the message by searching his Guatemala City home, and then put him in prison with kidnappers, extortionists and other dangerous criminals for a day and a half before letting him out on bail.

His lawyer, Jose Toledo, believes the government wants to make an example of him.

"Clearly, the message was: Watch out, any of you guys that want to post messages, this can happen to you. ... It was a dissuasive measure," Mr Toledo said.

Guatemala, whose democracy is still emerging from a genocidal civil war, is not the only government concerned about the potential of lightning-fast tweets to spread stinging words.

More recently, Iran has shown its determination to clamp down on huge protests over its disputed presidential election, banning first-hand reporting by international journalists and blocking access inside the country to websites such as Twitter and Facebook as well as many sites linked to the political opposition. Text messaging has been blacked out and mobile phone service in Tehran is frequently down.

More than 2,000 people have been arrested in Iran, many of them for internet activity, estimates Hadi Ghaemi, director of the New York-based International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

A tenant's tweet about her mouldy apartment has left a Chicago woman facing a 50,000 dollar (£30,500) lawsuit.

Amanda Bonnen moved out of her rented flat on June 30 but not before using the microblog site Twitter to complain: "Who said sleeping in a mouldy apartment was bad for you? Horizon realty thinks it's okay".

Horizon, a letting agency based in the city, took offence and sued for damages. It claims that the company's good name had been tarnished "throughout the world" as a result of the slur, which would have been picked up by twitterer's 17 followers.

The offending tweet was posted by "abonnen" - later identified as Ms Bonnen - on May 12. It referred to damage to the apartment caused by an overnight leak two months earlier.

Other flats were also affected but according to Jeff Michael, whose family have run Horizon for 25 years, all other tenant grievances were resolved.

The firm, which manages some 1,500 apartments in Chicago, claims that the tweet had damaged its reputation, adding that the now deactivated Twitter account was set to public meaning that any user could view the message.

As a result it filed a lawsuit on Monday against the former tenant.

"We're a 'sue first, ask questions later' kind of an organisation, Mr Michael told the Chicago Sun-Times.

He added: "The statements are obviously false, and it is our intention to prove that."

Ms Bonnen has since counter-sued the company over a separate issue. She claims that Horizon violated city laws by failing to pay tenants interest on security deposits.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information