Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2009 **could contain Spoiler***

Joe should of gone home I hope that he doesn't win this competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    I actually prefer it without Arlene, she did nothing but annoy me anyway, but i still think Karen Hardy would have been a better replacement than Aleisha.
    with you on both counts. everyone seems to have forgotten how terrible Arlene was last year! what would she have actually said last night? she would have just leered over Rav and made some sort of daft topical reference to the news.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (22-09-2009)

Yes that is so true about Arlene she would of drooled over Rav as she did with every muscle bound celeb

It's not been the best of starts for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing. Not only was the show beaten by The X Factor by a massive two million viewers in Saturday night's ratings, but thousands of fans have also been voicing their criticism over new judge Alesha Dixon.

Today, even former judge Arlene Phillips, who was controversially replaced by Alesha earlier this year, has admitted that the show has lost some of its sparkle. Are things really that bad?

Let's be honest, Alesha was never going to get an easy ride from viewers and, like anyone starting a new job, it is naturally going to take her several weeks to settle in and hit her stride.

Most of the criticism aimed at the former winner has suggested that she is not experienced enough to mark the professional dancers and their celebrity partners on their dancing technique. However, she has vowed not to quit and hit back, saying she is offering a different perspective to the other judges.

She told the Daily Mirror: "My job is not to replace Arlene. My job is to provide a perspective that was maybe missing before and that is the understanding of the performance aspects and of just how tough it is to perform to the standards the viewers expect. Having been through the Strictly experience I can relate to what they are going through."

Meanwhile, the decision to ditch the separate results show has come under fire from Arlene who says the new format 'dragged on a bit'.

She told The Sun: "Viewers like to be able to get up, make a cup of tea, then come back and settle in for the results. It heightens the level of excitement. There was much more drama when there were two shows."

She went on to rule out a return to the panel, claiming that the BBC would never ask her back and added: "They hired Alesha because they wanted a different opinion - a voice of the viewer - and that's what she does. She was never hired to give a technical viewpoint.

"It is very hard for her - she must be incredibly nervous. The judges had all worked together for six series and she is new and on her own."

Alesha Dixon has vowed to ignore calls for her to quit Strictly Come Dancing following her controversial debut as a judge.

The 30-year-old popstar was branded a poor replacement for Arlene Phillips after she made her first appearance on the programme at the weekend.

However, speaking to The Mirror, Dixon insisted: "Obviously Arlene was a big part of the show for a long time. But my job is not to replace Arlene.

"My job is to provide a perspective that was maybe missing before and that is the understanding of the performance aspects and of just how tough it is to perform to the standards the viewers expect. Having been through the Strictly experience I can relate to what they are going through."

Dixon signed up for the panel in July following the decision to axe Phillips after six series. However, some fans have claimed that she should now stand down and be replaced by the choreographer.

Responding to the demands, the singer said: "I am not a quitter. It's not in my nature to consider quitting. We are just starting on a long road and I know I can help make the path smoother for some of the celebs."

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Friday at 8.30pm on BBC One.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/strictly...-strictly.html

Joe Calazaghe should stick to the ring cause he's got two left feet when it comes to dancing

Isnt Joe seeing his dance partner Kristina now? He must be doing something right

Perhaps his footwork off the dancefloor is somewhat better

Hollyoaks star Ricky Whittle has taken over as the bookies' favourite to win Strictly Come Dancing.

The 27-year-old actor, who plays Calvin Valentine on the Channel 4 soap, has new odds of 2/1 with Paddy Power following strong backing from punters.

Whittle and his professional dance partner Natalie Lowe have not yet given an individual performance in the contest. However, viewers saw the pair taking part in a group dance on Friday night.

Boxer Joe Calzaghe was the bookies' favourite before the new series launched at the weekend. However, he has now become an outsider with odds of 25/1.

Show judge Craig Revel Horwood branded Calzaghe "passionless" when he made his dancing debut on Friday. Meanwhile, head panellist Len Goodman described his tango as "a dance only a mother could love".

Former Hollyoaks star Ali Bastian is second favourite with odds of 9/4, followed by Jade Johnson (8/1), Chris Hollins (9/1) and Laila Rouass (12/1).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/strictly...favourite.html

I seen some of Friday's show. Ali was fantastic. I did prefer Arlene on the panel though as she talked more about the technical stuff and her comments were a bit more constructive. Anyone who didn't know anything about dancing could have said what Alesha said "you're looking nice tonight" "I can tell your nervous"... having said that though, I find some of the comments surrounding her a bit melodramatic. They were talking about it on the radio and someone said they muted everything that Alesha said I just think she needs to improve on her comments.

Thread Information