Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Come Dancing 2009 **could contain Spoiler***

Strictly Come Dancing 2009 **could contain Spoiler***

Craig Revel Horwood has invited Prince Harry to compete in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The judge urged the Royal to take part in the BBC show, claiming that he has the potential to win.

"It would be brilliant [to have] a bit of royalty, I think he'd just go for it. There'd be no reserve about him," he told Now magazine.

"You know, party boy, party sound, Brazilian sambas, all of that stuff would really suit him.

"Actually, I think people would fall in love with him. You'd get a whole new generation watching."

Horwood, who has been on the judging panel for six series, also admitted that Sharon Osbourne would make a good contestant.

"She's so mouthy… she'd give the judges a run for their money."

I don't think he will be successful

Prince Harry is too high-profile a royal to go on the show...Zara Philips would have been more likley, as rumoured last year.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Didn't he say that on the New Years Eve celebration program when he was being interviewed in his Russian style hat - he also asked the newsreader presenter to come along too if I remember rightly

BBC bosses have reportedly asked Alesha Dixon to stand in for Tess Daly on the forthcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Daly and her TV presenter husband Vernon Kay are expecting their second child in June and the corporation wants the singer to co-present in her absence alongside Bruce Forsyth.

According to the Sunday Mirror, show chiefs also hope the former show winner will help claw back teenage viewers after their defection to ITV's The X Factor following the recruitment of Cheryl Cole.

A source said Dixon was seen as part of the Strictly family, adding: "Bosses hope that she will help give the show a bit of a shake-up alongside Bruce Forsyth.

"They have been keen for her to have a role on the show for some time but so far have struggled to find an opportunity to bring her in. But Tess's pregnancy is the perfect opening."

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Are they saying that Tess is the cause of all the teenage viewers jumping ship ?? I do not think so , I personally think it is Bruce Frosthye that is causing people not to watch, he can be pretty embarassing, granted Tess is preggo and needs some one to replace her, they should just replace BOTH of them,, get Anton and Aliesha to host the show, that would be super....that is my 2 euro cents worth

well it happened in series 2 when Natasha Kaplinsky stood in for Tess, so it all makes sense. would be very good fun as well.

What about Claudia and Anton. Bruce should retire gracefully and Anton would be the perfect replacement and Claudia already has experience of hosting the show midweek.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

nah, Claudia is better in the midweek show where she gets more of a chance to chat and give crazy opinions. that would be distracting on the main show and its great for someone who is a mad veiwer like the rest of us host ITT.

Hasn't louisa thrown her hat in the ring as Tess's replacement she is looking for a job.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

EASTENDERS babe Kara Tointon is set to star in Strictly Come Dancing for a SECOND time, TV Biz can reveal.

The brunette, 25, is a massive fan of the BBC1 ballroom hit but had been banned from taking part for the past three years.

Soap boss Diedrick Santer stopped cast members signing up for the show as it caused chaos in the filming schedules, although Kara did a charity special last year and won.

Now she is free to shimmy and shake her way on to the next series after being given the push from the BBC1 soap, alongside her on-screen love Ricky Groves, who plays Garry Hobbs.

The decision to drop Kara — who plays Dawn Swann — from August means she can finally fulfil her dream.

A Strictly insider confirmed yesterday the show was in talks to sign her up for the new series in September.

The source added: “Kara has made it no secret that she has wanted to do Strictly for years. Hopefully we can make it happen.

“She’s exactly the kind of contestant that we want on the show.”

TV Biz told yesterday how Strictly chiefs want to “sex up” the show to score a younger audience and compete with The X Factor.

They will hire younger professional dancers as well as hotter celebs.

Kara — who is dating ex-EastEnder and I’m A Celeb winner Joe Swash — won last year’s Strictly special for Sports Relief with a sizzling samba.

Her partner was ex-England cricketer Mark Ramprakash.

Thread Information