Thread: Look Who's back again

Look Who's back again

DOCTOR Who will be reunited with ex-sidekick Martha Jones yet again, TV Biz can reveal.

Bosses are lining up Freema Agyeman to make a surprise return in one of this year’s four specials marking David Tennant’s last hurrah as the Timelord.

The move has surprised fans as Freema, 29, reportedly annoyed Who chiefs after she signed up for ITV1’s Law and Order: London.

Show creator Russell T Davies was then forced to tear up scripts for Who spin-off Torchwood, in which she’d been given a starring role.

But sources confirmed the Londoner will reprise Martha for the BBC1 hit later this year. An insider said: “Freema’s on board. It’s early days so it’s unclear what exactly Martha will be up to in the new show.

“Whatever happens it’s good news for Freema and shows that whatever friction there was between her and Who bosses has gone.”

Freema has a chequered history with Doctor Who after signing up in the third series, replacing Billie Piper, 26.

She only lasted one series before she was replaced as 37-year-old Tennant’s sidekick by Catherine Tate, 40.

However bosses still featured guest appearances by Martha in four episodes of the last series, as well as putting her in the second Torchwood series.

Awwww I was hoping it would be Rose
    I mean I sorta liked martha, she could be good again, but I thought she had other stuff going on

Im still think it my own little world we should have a speical of the other doctor and rose in their world

Urhm....meh. I liked Martha, but not as much as Donna and Rose, and why do they have to bring her back AGAIN, this is what the 3rd time now, i suppose technically she is the only one that is easy to bring back due to no memory loss/no other dimension.
    I don't know if they might just be using her because they can ...

and it really annoyed me she wasn't going to be in torchwood!!

shes not in torchwood?

Not in the new series no, well not that i thought.

I thought she was

She was meant to be in Torchwood, but she is in Law & Order: London, and the filming times clashed.

DR WHO’S Mickey Smith could be making a Tardis comeback — along with Martha Jones.

We told yesterday how bosses were lining up Freema Agyeman for a shock return.

And now Noel Clarke, who played Rose’s boyfriend in the hit Beeb show, says he’s also up for a second stint.

He told TV Biz: “Who would turn down a return to Dr Who?

“I love the show and have always supported it. I was there from day one when nobody was sure if it was going to be a hit.

“But the show moves on. Who knows? Whatever happens, happens.

“I’ll see if they come knocking.”

Last year, 33-year-old Noel penned an episode of Dr Who spin-off show Torchwood called Combat.

He’s currently up for a Bafta Rising Star gong for his movies Kidulthood and Adulthood.

Aww Im shocked I know something happened with her but I thought in the end it was sorted and she was gonna be in it
    Thats such a shame after the way it ended last time, it would have made perfect sense for her to do it! And it sounded like Mickey could have gone there too!

Thread Information