Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Butcher

Sid Owen has admitted he would reprise his role as Ricky Butcher in 'EastEnders' in a ''heartbeat'' if he was asked by bosses to return.

The 44-year-old actor's alter-ego Ricky Butcher was last seen leaving Albert Square in 2012 but he would welcome the chance to return to Walford if he was asked by bosses.

He said: ''If they asked me, I'd go back in a heartbeat. 'EastEnders' was a big and very integral part of my life, so I'd always consider going back. I'm not sick of being Ricky just yet!''

Sid doesn't get chance to watch the soap very often, but was very impressed with last year's week of live episodes.

He said ''I live in France, so I'm rarely in the country to watch it. I tapped into it around the 30th anniversary last year and thought it was 'EastEnders' at its best.''

And it seems Sid, who competed on 'Strictly Come Dancing in 2012, has had a change of heart, as three years ago he insisted he was retired from acting.

He said at the time: ''I hope that you will never see me on your TV screens because I'm done.''

Meanwhile, the handsome star is set to compete on the forthcoming series of 'The Jump' and, although he's looking forward to taking part in the winter sports contest, he can't help but worry about the possibility of getting injured.

He told OK! magazine: ''I probably won't be as competitive as some of the athletes but I'll give it a good go. I'd like to go home without any broken bones, that's my main priority.''

Nothing for him to return to though

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Nothing for him to return to though
    They're looking for a street sweeper.

I'd welcome him back if he brings Liam to get Max out plus if Sam returns for Peggy's dead they could unite

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I'd welcome him back if he brings Liam to get Max out plus if Sam returns for Peggy's dead they could unite
    Yes, but only for the funeral

some on line buzz of sid returing as rickkkkkkkkkkkkkkay

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    some on line buzz of sid returing as rickkkkkkkkkkkkkkay
    Bet Bianca would come back too then ...

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/news...ture-sid-owen/

Was there ever a more iconic EastEnders couple than Ricky (aka RICKAAY!) and Bianca Butcher/Jackson?

We rooted for them, we hoped they'd work it out when things went bad (which, let's be honest was pretty often) and we were then left heartbroken when they left Albert Square.

Ricky (Sid Owen) and B (Patsy Palmer) might not be on the best of terms much of the time, but it turns out the actors are still great friends away from the set.

Patsy whipped fans into a frenzy this week when she posted a picture of the pair on Instagram, captioning it: "Looking forward to seeing this lunatic next week @sidowen .. friends for 30 years .. long time .."

So could this little catch-up mean the pair might be reuniting on the show at some point soon?

With Ricky and Bianca's daughter Tiffany (Maisie Smith) recently relocated back to the Square, it could give them the perfect opportunity to make an appearance.

Tiffany returned to her old stomping grounds back in January, but has got herself into a fair bit of trouble in the last few weeks, leading up to her sister Whitney questioning whether to send her back to Milton Keynes to live with her mum.

We'll have to wait and see if Ricky and Bianca will turn up to help out with Tiffany. Fingers crossed!

EastEnders continues on Monday (April 23) on BBC One at 8pm.

Exclamation EastEnders star Sid Owen welcomes first child with fianc?e

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eas...st-child-born/

EastEnders star Sid Owen has become a father for the first time, after welcoming a baby with his fianc?e Victoria Shores.

Sid shared the news on Sunday (January 23) that Victoria had given birth to their child, as he posted a photo on Instagram of the couple with their arms around each other in hospital. Victoria is dressed in a hospital gown in the picture, while Sid is wearing PPE as he kisses his fianc?e on the cheek.

"Been a long a day. But, can I say, I love you Victoria. Thank you for our baby," he captioned the photo.

The couple received congratulations from a number of Sid's former EastEnders co-stars, including Patsy Palmer, who played Bianca Jackson, the on-screen long-time partner of Sid's character Ricky Butcher.

She wrote: "Congratulations to you all" on the post, while Robbie Jackson star Dean Gaffney commented: "Congrats brother".

Natalie Cassidy, who plays Sonia Fowler, wrote: "Congratulations Sid. So happy for you", while former Sam Mitchell actress Danniella Westbrook commented: "Congratulations daddy and well done Victoria" and fellow new parent Louisa Lytton, who plays Ruby Allen, wrote "Congratulations" alongside some heart emojis.

Sid shared the double-whammy news that he and Victoria were engaged and expecting a baby together in September, saying that he was "shocked and over the moon" to find out that he was going to be a dad.

"I never ever dreamt I would have kids. The older you get the more distant that idea seems, you give up hope sometimes, so it is a miracle it has happened," he said at the time.

The couple have not yet revealed their new baby's name or sex, having explained last year that they wanted to keep these details a secret for now.

on line talk he is returning

Thread Information