Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Presidential inauguration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

US Presidential inauguration

I shall try to watch some of it on telly when I get home from work. Anybody else going to watch the 44th President of the United States getting sworn into office?

I'm recording it. Will probably watch it later in the week.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I will be watching. I think the future will be bright for America.

There we have it. President Obama.

Wooo no more Bush.

His speech is good.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

An historic moment for the whole world.

i was at uni so i couldnt see it, probably would have had it on in the background if id been at home though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Don't know why but I got awfully emotional watching the inauguration. Now the world has an African American world leader, hopefully racial attacks will become a piece of the past, though sadly I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Don't know why but I got awfully emotional watching the inauguration. Now the world has an African American world leader, hopefully racial attacks will become a piece of the past, though sadly I doubt it
    When I went to America last year, the segregation was still very clear. The majority of African American folk there were working the low paid jobs, bus drivers, bellboys, valet etc. The white still had all the power.

I really don't see what the fuss is about. So he's the first black president in the united states. It doesn't make any difference to me what his race is. The media are just drawing attention to the fact that he is black.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    When I went to America last year, the segregation was still very clear. The majority of African American folk there were working the low paid jobs, bus drivers, bellboys, valet etc. The white still had all the power.

I really don't see what the fuss is about. So he's the first black president in the united states. It doesn't make any difference to me what his race is. The media are just drawing attention to the fact that he is black.
    He is now proof that the American Dream can happen, thats what the fuss is about. Like you said, segregation has still been very clear in the States, so the fact that he has managed to get the most important and powerfull job in the world shows that attitudes are finally changing. Its a very important step.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (21-01-2009)

Thread Information