Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Windass (Mikey North)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Coronation Street star Steve Huison is to leave the show, it has been revealed.

The actor, who plays Eddie Windass in the ITV1 soap, will leave the cobbles next year after bosses decided to write him out of the drama.

Huison wrote on Twitter: "To be honest, I'll be glad to get on with things. It's all unreal there anyway. No challenge. I'll miss the money and a few good friends."

He then joked: "Do you know what I'm really looking forward to more than anything else? A right bloody good haircut!"

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson commented: "I've loved watching Steve's portrayal of super-slob Eddie and, with Gary [Windass] still very much part of Coronation Street, I'm sure it's not going to be the last we'll see of Eddie."

A show spokesman added: "The storyline is still being worked out but Steve will leave early next year."

Eddie is expected to leave Weatherfield as part of son Gary's post-traumatic stress storyline.
    a return for eddie now his son dead

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    a return for eddie now his son dead
    Doubt it as Anna is leaving too .. nobody for Eddie to return to

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (08-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Doubt it as Anna is leaving too .. nobody for Eddie to return to
    dead gary resurrected already

What was the point of the stupid storyline
    Last edited by swmc66; 09-12-2017 at 16:09. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    What was the point of the stupid storyline
    So that David could find out about him fathering Nicola's baby.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-12-2017), Rear window (09-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street's Gary Windass is falsely accused of groping Bethany Platt after he discovers her big secret next week.

Gary is horrified when he discovers that Bethany has started working at a lap-dancing club, but when he interferes with her new job, she's quick to take revenge.

Next week's episodes see Gary follow Bethany (Lucy Fallon) as she enters the club – and it's not long before he realises that she works there with her new friend Sam.

Appalled by what Bethany is doing, Gary tries to drag her out of the club, but quickly finds himself in big trouble as a result.

Making out that she's never met Gary before, Bethany calls security to deal with him and he gets beaten up in the fracas that follows.

When the police are called to calm things down, Craig Tinker arrives on the scene and steps in by taking Bethany home to the Street.

Knowing that she stands no chance of keeping her job a secret anymore, Bethany tells her mum Sarah (Tina O'Brien) that she's been working as a lap-dancer.

What's more, Bethany also claims that Gary came into the club and tried to grope her, hoping that her lies will prevent Sarah from ever reuniting with her cheating ex.

Sarah heads straight for the hospital to confront Gary, where he strongly insists that Bethany is lying. Against the odds, could this incident bring Sarah and Gary closer together again?

Mikey North, who plays Gary, revealed: "Gary goes to hospital and Sarah comes to see him, which is nice for Gary and unexpected for him to see her there.

"Sarah apologises that Gary is always getting beaten up because of her family – there's a little bit of a moment there where things soften slightly."

Asked whether Sarah should forgive Gary for his recent cheating, Mikey replied: "It is a tricky one, because I love Sarah and Gary together and working with Tina O'Brien and the Platts has turned my time around at Coronation Street.

"But how can you forgive someone who has done what Gary has done? It is an inexcusable thing. So it's tough but, for me, it's great that they may get back together.

"You can't cheat on Sarah Louise Platt, nobody would do that, but Gary doesn't do things the normal way. It's great because people seem to love Gary and Sarah together, which is a compliment and it's nice that we might be working together again.

"It is a shame that the perfect romance was spoilt, but it gives us a great branch of other storylines, so it has been good."

Digital Spy
    I like Gary with Sarah too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-01-2018)

so he gets another beating from phelan with a bat, how is he surviving, feel it is south park with who beat gary for who killed kenny

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-04-2018), Perdita (12-04-2018), tammyy2j (12-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so he gets another beating from phelan with a bat, how is he surviving, feel it is south park with who beat gary for who killed kenny

He has just signed another contract for a year ...
    Last edited by Perdita; 25-05-2018 at 18:11.

MIKEY North is to take a two month break from Corrie, despite recently signing up for another 12 months.

Mikey North injured his knee and wrist tripping over the 'Coronation Street' cobbles - just days before taking two months off from the soap.

The 31-year-old actor was shooting some sound scenes for the ITV show as his character Gary Windass but decided to act out the part "to be professional", even though he wasn't required to, but he came a cropper on one of the famous street's iconic rocks.

He said: "I fell over. I was doing a 'wild track', where you record the sound after the scene, but there's no action.

"I thought I'd recreate the scene as I did it, to be professional, so I ran in - but I tripped on a cobble in my work boots and I've done my knee and my wrist in."

Mikey's injury has coincided with his two-month break from Weatherfield, and he is already looking forward to getting stuck into some more juicy storylines upon his return.

Speaking to What's On TV magazine, he added: "I've got about two months off now.

"I'm going to go away and de-Windass for a bit, and then come back and see what's next."

But Mikey will have to watch out for the potentially-hazardous cobbles for at least another 12 months after confirming in May that he has put pen to paper on a new deal to remain on 'Corrie'.

He said: "I've just signed again for another year, so this will be my 11th year which is crazy, but it's been my best year, I'm very happy at Corrie.

"Kate [Oates] has been a great producer for Gary. She's really renewed my energy in the show.

"Gary has been much more of a central part of the show and I've been involved in some really nice storylines, culminating in the week ahead."

Thread Information