Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end for 24 Jack?

The end for 24 Jack?

IS time really running out for Jack Bauer?

Show boss Howard Gordon has hinted that Sky One’s cult drama 24 could soon be AXED.

He said he was keen to do a film version of the show — which stars Kiefer Sutherland — but not until the TV series was “over”.

The show is currently in its 7th series. He said: “My hope is to go after the eighth season. That’s sort of what we’re aiming for.

“I don’t think that a big-screen 24 works while Jack is on TV.”

24 is only contracted with sky1 and fox up to the end of season 8, so it could end without there being a movie. A film only came about 2 years ago they did think about releasing one between series but because of the time it takes to film on series it just wasn't practical so they have decided to wait until the series finishes on tv. I would be gutted if 24 ended but I would rather it went out on a high.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Jack Bauer may die in final '24'

24 executive producer Evan Katz has suggested that Jack Bauer may be killed off in the last episode of the hit spy show.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Katz said that the 24 team are weighing up their options as to how to handle the final series.

"There are two obvious choices: Jack dies, or Jack finally has a happy ending," said Katz. "It's actually an interesting discussion as to which would be more faithful to the show and more rewarding for the audience.

"If we give him a happy ending, part of the audience would be mad at us for doing what is easy. And if we kill him, they would be mad at us for a different reason altogether."

Star Kiefer Sutherland, who recently hinted that a 24 movie may shoot in the UK, admitted that he had only just started thinking about the end of the long-running action show.

He said: "It was one of those weird moments where the stage was unusually quiet; it was like a ghost town. I was looking around [thinking] about all the work that went into building this thing and it hit me. This will end one day, and I'm going to be sad about it.

"Whether Season 8 is the end or not, I don't know. I love making the show, so I'm leaving my options open. And in all fairness, I think the audience will dictate that more than anybody."

Nooooo

Don't get me wrong, I love Jack, I do...

...but isn't it all getting a bit repetetive?

Don't care, love Jack, don't want him killed

Perdy - the man is indestructable. I don't think that a nuke could kill him, lol

That is what they said about Achilles and look what happened to him

OooH - I wonder where his weak spot is!

Wouldn't we all like to know

Jack has no weak spot. They have killed every member of his family apart from his daughter. If he was to die he would take his own life as there aint no baddie capable of taking him out.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information