Thread: Britain's Got Talent 2009

Britain's Got Talent 2009

Former Big Breakfast presenter Kelly Brook is to become a surprise addition to the judging panel for the new series of hit ITV1 reality talent show Britain's Got Talent.

Show creator Simon Cowell decided last week after returning from holiday that he wanted a fourth judge to sit alongside him, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden on the talent show panel, and Brook signed up last night.

The actor and former model joined the other three judges in Manchester today for the start of the auditions for this year's Britain's Got Talent.

The third run of the series – which was won last year by 15-year-old dancer George Sampson – is due to air from May.

Brook said: "I have been a huge fan of the show since its first series, with my dance background I cannot wait to see the dancers. Simon has promised me some wild acts which I can't wait to see."

Cowell added: "This is fantastic news. Kelly's great fun and she has absolutely no idea what she's let herself in for."

Peter Fincham, ITV director of television, channels and online said: "Britain's Got Talent has become established as a firm viewers' favourite and the panel of judges has helped to play a major part in the programme's runaway success."

The winner of this year's show will get £100,000 and the chance to perform in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety Performance.

ive already got a thread for this
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Thread Information