Thread: 2 new characters set to join the cast

2 new characters set to join the cast

New Hollyoaks producer Lucy Allan has made her first couple of regular cast signings in the form of two 'blonde bombshells' from Hollyoaks Later.

Both Loretta (left) and Cheryl (below) - played by Melissa Walton and Bronagh Waugh, respectively - impressed producers so much that they have been signed up to appear as regulars in the main weekday show.

Despite Dom's (John Pickard) wife Tina's (Leah Hackett) death, lap dancer Loretta made a firm impression on him from the moment he met her and he hasn't been able to think about anyone else since. In his eyes, she's the whole package; sexy, intelligent and sophisticated. When Ste (Kieron Richardson) plays the role of cupid, Dom realises that Loretta's the one for him and the pair bond over the unlikely pastime of bird watching.

Meanwhile, Malachy's (Glen Wallace) bubbly and brash ex-girlfriend Cheryl decides to leave her Belfast life behind and start afresh in England. Her arrival in Hollyoaks, however, throws Zak off course and causes a stir between Malachy and wife Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe).

Speaking of the new additions, Allan said: "Cheryl and Loretta will bring an energy and a sense of fun to the show. Both Melissa and Bronagh impressed me with their performances in Hollyoaks Later and I'm sure viewers will warm to them quickly."
    She added: "There will be more new faces arriving in Hollyoaks shortly, so viewers should watch this space! There's an exciting year ahead."

Loretta, who has already begun filming at the show's home Lime Pictures in Liverpool, will appear on screen from Friday, February 6, while Cheryl starts filming in March and will turn up in the village in May.

Lucy Allan took the helm at the Chester-based soap last week after Bryan Kirkwood stepped down from his role after three years.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-01-2009), moonstorm (14-01-2009), tammyy2j (13-01-2009)

I loved Cheryl in Hollyoaks later - great addition

i think she'll be too much for the main show!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    i think she'll be too much for the main show!
    Aww lol but it will be funny to see how it works

i think she was good but she she may be a little too much to watch every night, just have to wait and see
    Maisie Mouse

cant be much worst than some of the sh$t actresses on the show already

Cheryl is very funny on the later show but obviously she will be toned down for the early show which may make the character terrible. I will wait and see

yay
    loved Cheryl in Holyoaks later

wasnt cheryl the one who had a fling with zack at the wwedding? she was funny ,cant wait to see her in hollyoaks

oh michaela wont like that
    Maisie Mouse

Thread Information