Thread: Rather morbid request for older members

Rather morbid request for older members

Right, this is a weird yet morbid request for older members of the board, i am trying to find information of a coach crash in Spain in either 1985 or 1986 (mum thinks 85, dad thinks 86) i am sure the coach crashed into a lorry.

I need anyone who remembers it being on the news or in papers or anything about it to give me some information as my dad's parents died in that crash and i am making a scrapbook about my family/friends/life and obviously although i didnt know them they are part of my life and i need to include them in it and information about their death would be useful, it is not a conversation my dad would like to have with me so all i can rely on here is anyone who remembers it.

I don't know if this would have been mentioned in papers but dad's dad was a labour councillor for enfield, i know it was in one of the articles my dad has in a photo album that he made after going to spain and taking photos of the scene but that may have been a local paper in enfield so i dont know if it would have been in other papers or on the news for that matter

Sig dedicated to Charley

Surely your dad would know what year they died.

Are your grandparents buried near you? Their gravestones may have the year on.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Surely your dad would know what year they died.

Are your grandparents buried near you? Their gravestones may have the year on.
    Nope he is useless with dates and na they aint near me, never been to see them either

Sig dedicated to Charley

What about your aunts/uncle/older cousins ? Would they have any information?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    What about your aunts/uncle/older cousins ? Would they have any information?
    We don't talk to anyone on dad's side

Sig dedicated to Charley

Do you know where it happened? or even there names as you could just google the place and their names???

You would probably have to look in spanish news archieves, rather than UK ones. It is more likely to have been reported over there. Of course, unless you speak Spanish, it will be very hard to do so, so maybe get in contact with a Spanish News Agency if you are keen on finding out, they should have an english-speaking representative.

I would be very surprised if you found anything on the internet, because of the date it happened. Unless there is a history of it happening, or it was a particularly significant crash, then there is no reason for someone to go back and write about it on the net.

What you might want to do is try and find a family records place that would hold their information, and get down there. If you can find out info like names, where they were born, when, childrens names (obviously being your Dad and any other brothers/sisters), then they should be able to be a great help. They would have records on their death, and that would give you more leads. But its a very long process.

The British consul or foreign office may have some information regarding dates. If some of the deceased were British then they may have been involved in repatriating the bodies.
    Thanks CrazyLea

im not sure if this is available to everyone but theres a site called nexis which is an archive of all newspaper articles since about 1975 i think it is, it might be useful to look on there if you know keywords like the place it happened etc and a rough date
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (15-01-2009)

Thread Information