Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley)

Why is Cain currently locked up now since his return? Is this in connection with Tom King's kidnapping

I cant wait for Cain to be back on screen

Yes, he blackmailed the Kings out of a couple of million pounds for Tom's release to then leave with Sadie King but in the end, he left her behind.

This new regime is really going to make a hash of things if their strategy is bringing back all these has-beens.
    What's the point of bringing him back? There is nothing even vaguely likeable about him.
    Let's hope his visit is VERY brief and he soon goes back to where he came from, taking Zak and Lisa with him.
    Last edited by lilliput; 22-03-2009 at 10:04.

i can not wait for cain to come back he is a brilliant character and not bad to look at either, roll on!!!!!

Cain Dingle

Does any body know if Cain has still got some of the money he toke from the Kings and that was how he afforded Debbies lawyer. The kings will try and grab it back. If he has I predict a purchase of Holgate farm for Debbie and Sarah (If Debbie win custody of Sarah) Also Cain and Sarah and Debbie will live there!?

After a two-and-a-half year absence, actor Jeff Hordley returns to Emmerdale next week as the village's unmistakable bad boy, Cain Dingle. With his first comeback attempt thwarted by police off screen, Cain finally makes his sudden reappearance on Tuesday, April 28 when his daughter Debbie (Charley Webb) finds him sat in the house. With Debbie's ongoing custody battle with Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) and the small matter of the £2.5m he stole from the Kings, it doesn't take Cain long before he's stirring trouble. Here, DS chats to Jeff about his sudden return mimicking his own life, Charity's return and Cain's secret.

How did the return come about?
    "There were a few approaches but I kept putting it off, but I was approached by the new producer and I thought that the story was great and the time was right for me. Last year, I had a little boy and it wasn't the right time for me to return back then. Now everything seemed right for me to give it my all here again."

What are your thoughts on Emmerdale's new outlook?
    "With Emmerdale in the hands of Steve Frost again and, of course, Gavin Blyth, they both care about the show massively and know it inside out. It's hopefully going to be a return to form and the good old days. It's a very big, positive thing and there's a great buzz and atmosphere around here at the moment."

And Cain's return to the village is quite sudden, isn't it?
    "I think it's just Cain's way of coming back unannounced. I remember I made a similar return home years ago but did it badly... When I first travelled as a teenager, I went away to Greece for four months and my parents moved from the North-West down to Lincolnshire. I decided that I was going to return home unannounced, so I got on a train from Greece across Europe and when I got to Lincolnshire, I didn't have any money. So I got in a taxi and said 'I'll pay you when I get to the door'. We found this street that they lived on, knocked on their door and there was nobody there. I ended up having to knock on the neighbour's door with long hair, big tan and rucksack on my back! They didn't even know my mum and dad had an elder son! But I digress... Cain's style is to surprise people, but there has been involvement in the storyline as he was the one to get Debbie released from prison."

We'll be seeing more Cain and Debbie time, won't we?
    "This is exactly why I was thrilled about coming back because they've really stayed true to the character's roots, which are that he'll do whatever it takes to look after that girl. If there's one Achilles heel of Cain, it's his daughter. It's his weakness and he'll move mountains for her. Admittedly, women are his other Achilles heel, but he won't move mountains for them."

You have some big fight scenes with the Kings during your first week, don't you?
    "Yeah, I've been sat in the make-up chair getting cuts and grazes and bruises put on daily for the last few weeks. Because Cain waltzed off with the small matter of £2.5m, the Kings want some kind of payback. He goes to meet them and that's where the fight occurs."

Where is the money?
    "Who knows? We've not found anything out about that yet, but what we do know is that he's had the money and he's been spending it. He returns to the village looking a bit smarter, wearing better clothes, a smarter haircut and a better BMW. I know Cain's been sending money to Debbie while he's been away, too."

You become involved with the character of Aaron, too?
    "What's interesting on Cain's return is that everyone's moved on. The Elis and Aarons of this world are doing things that Cain used to do, so he looks down on them a bit. Aaron's like a little puppy looking up to Cain, thinking that his uncle's the bee's knees. There's a great relationship going to build there. Aaron stands for everything Cain was - he's a younger version of him and Cain recognises that. There's definitely lots of undiscovered territory there."

We spoke to Lucy Pargeter a few weeks ago and she mentioned that she wanted more screen time for Chas and Cain.
    "It's the one thing that we've both always talked about over the years - that Cain and Chas's relationship hasn't really been explored. In all the years that we've been in the show, we're brother and sister, yet we have this non-existent relationship. So there's so much scope there and certainly with Aaron being involved, too. There certainly should be more involvement and I'm hopeful there will be."

And obviously we have the return of Charity…
    "Yeah, it's going to be a big thing. I've been speaking to her recently and she's really excited about coming back. It should be great and I'd expect there'll be a lot of stuff between Charity, Debbie and Cain. It's a fantastic thing for the show that such a strong character is making a return."

Cain has a secret, too, doesn't he?
    "All I can say is that it explains how he's managed to get Debbie freed from prison. That's what we find out in due course."

Which female residents of Emmerdale had better watch out now Cain's back?
    "Whoever's not been on Cain's bedpost already! There's nobody initially, though, but there is a new family, isn't there..."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Buster99 (29-04-2009), tammyy2j (29-04-2009)

The Above,
    thanks for the info above. I do have a very over imagination!

I think maybe Natasha is involved somehow - she is really keen to always help Debbie

I'm glad Cain is back

Cain Dingle

Some habits die hard and for Cain Dingle one of these is bedding both a mother and a daughter. He already bedded both Angie and Ollie Reynolds and now uses his charms on Maisie and Natasha Wylde but will he succeed and get both of them into his bed????????????????

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-05-2009)

He will with Maisie, but it remains unknown whether he will sleep with Natasha, maybe after Mark/Faye secret comes out she may for revenge.

Thread Information