Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wyldes

The Wyldes

New soap superbitch Amanda Donohoe has claimed that soap stars are the hardest-working actors in the business.

The actress who is joining Emmerdale as catty Natasha Wylde, has revealed that she was looking for a challenge when she agreed to take on the role.

Amanda, 46, said: “I love watching soaps, because it’s the one time you really see actors work.

“It’s a full-on schedule and it’s challenging. If you can be in the living room of eight million people five days a week, that is a huge privilege. I would have been stupid to say no.

“I am excited because I pretty much take over the village and cause a lot of trouble.”

Talking about her character, who arrives at the end of the month, she added: “She’s not a classic soap ‘bitch’, that’s too easy. She is humorous, witty and strong. She will rub people up the wrong way.”
    Spoiler 15/01/08

As the Thomases make their final arrangements to leave, the Bishop is seen inviting an unknown man and woman into the church. The gossip machine is soon in full swing as Katie mentions that she’s met the new owners of Home Farm and the other villagers speculate whether the church has been the couple’s second purchase. After sweeping into the village on horseback, Mark and Natasha Wylde interrupt the Thomases leaving party and brashly order a round of champagne. As the villagers become more irate, the Wyldes try reason with and calm the baying mob but the Woolpack soon rings with a chorus of boos. Determined to silence the unruly regulars, Natasha explains her intentions: they bought Home Farm to live in and they bought the church to give back to the community. The villagers are joyous and full of praise for the Wyldes and as Natasha charms her new neighbours, Mark is disgruntled as it’s clear that Natasha has made the church arrangements up on the spot. Afterwards, the Wyldes bask at Home Farm, confident that they have the villagers eating from the palms of their hands.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-01-2009)

Wylde kids cast in 'Emmerdale'

Three new additions to the Wylde family are to arrive in Emmerdale next month.

Mark (Maxwell Caulfied) and Natasha's (Amanda Donohoe) children Nathan, Maisie and Will appear in time for their father's birthday party.

Nathan, who is the eldest sibling in his mid-20s, is to be played by Lyndon Ogbourne, while Alice Coulthard takes on the role of Maisie. Will, the youngest member of the family, is to be portrayed by Oscar Lloyd.

Speaking of his casting, Ogbourne said: "I am really excited to be playing the role of Nathan Wylde. He is a bit of a rogue and I'm looking forward to bringing out his darker side. He's definitely not as nice as he seems."

Coulthard, meanwhile, commented: "I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of Emmerdale. Maisie is a really fun character and she's not afraid to say and do the things that most people would never dare to. She'll be giving her parents a really hard time."

Ogbourne has previously appeared in Spooks, Doctors and Robin Hood among other shows, while Coulthard's acting credits include The Bill and Holby City.

Will arrives in the Dales on Monday, February 16, while Nathan and Maisie turn up the following day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-01-2009)

Three new additions to the Wylde family are to arrive in Emmerdale next month.

Mark (Maxwell Caulfied) and Natasha's (Amanda Donohoe) children Nathan, Maisie and Will appear in time for their father's birthday party.

Nathan, who is the eldest sibling in his mid-20s, is to be played by Lyndon Ogbourne, while Alice Coulthard takes on the role of Maisie. Will, the youngest member of the family, is to be portrayed by Oscar Lloyd.

Speaking of his casting, Ogbourne said: "I am really excited to be playing the role of Nathan Wylde. He is a bit of a rogue and I'm looking forward to bringing out his darker side. He's definitely not as nice as he seems."

Coulthard, meanwhile, commented: "I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of Emmerdale. Maisie is a really fun character and she's not afraid to say and do the things that most people would never dare to. She'll be giving her parents a really hard time."

Ogbourne has previously appeared in Spooks, Doctors and Robin Hood among other shows, while Coulthard's acting credits include The Bill and Holby City.

Will arrives in the Dales on Monday, February 16, while Nathan and Maisie turn up the following day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-01-2009)

I'm guessing Katie will bed either father or son

EMMERDALE newcomer Alice Coulthard has revealed she was petrified at having to sing in front of 50 people in her first scene as Maisie Wylde in the soap.

Maisie causes a stir by rolling up in the village in a garish bubblegum-pink Cadillac with her brother Nathan (Lyndon Ogbourne).

Alice, 26, said her knees were quaking as she sang Happy Birthday Marilyn Monroe-style to her on-screen dad Mark, played by former Casualty star Maxwell Caulfield.

Katie and Nicola set their sights on Nathan

With their parents having already established themselves in Emmerdale, children Nathan (Lyndon Ogbourne), Maisie (Alice Coulthard) and Will Wylde (Oscar Lloyd) arrive in the small rural village for their father Mark's (Maxwell Caulfield) lavish party next week. DS caught up with Dales newcomer Lyndon to chat about his role as Nathan, his screen sister, and what's to come for him in the village.

How have you settled in?
    "It's been really cool. I'd heard amazing things about the cast and crew before I joined and it's cheesy to say it but it's entirely true - everyone's so warm and welcoming. It's very much been a case of me being thrown in at the deep end with long, all-consuming days. But I think that's the best way to be, though."

How did the role come about?
    "It was a long process. Having finished drama school a few years ago and doing a few projects in between since leaving, I landed an audition for this role. The process was completely different to anything I'd auditioned for before. I realised that because of the importance of the family, they were going to take their time in casting the children. I think I had five or six auditions in the end. When they start asking you about your most private of experiences, ones that you've never told anyone in your life, you realise how revealing the whole process is. And you tell them because you want it so much!"

What can you tell us about Nathan?
    "The amazing thing about playing Nathan is that it would appear that butter wouldn't melt but he comes into the village and from the off, he tries to charm the knickers off some of the girls. He also gets in with a lot of the more established characters. Through that charm and golden boy status which his family have given him, though, his darker side causes him to take advantage of it. The way in which he goes about his business and screwing over people in his path leaves a lot to be desired."

Where has he been for the last few years?
    "He's been studying business in London and, excuse the pun, living a fairly wild lifestyle. His sister Maisie has also been living it up in London with him and that's probably one of the reasons he's so protective over her. Heading out to the countryside makes him think that because he was the king of the manor in London, surely he can do the same in the village. He just wants to take advantage of the fact he's now living in a small, rural village."

You must have jumped at the chance to work with Amanda Donohoe and Maxwell Caulfield?
    "Definitely. In the last audition, we had to do screen tests with them and I was just thinking 'Jesus…' Because they're very established actors, and you think that something would come with that status for you to be a bit standoffish with them, but they're such great people. When you see the first episodes of the family together, the reason why there's such a great bond between us on screen is because we all get on so well."

Had you met Alice Coulthard, your screen sister Maisie, before you joined the show?
    "Alice and I both live in Hackney in East London and we've both grown up in the same vein of doing some really nice work, while we've also had our times of struggle. When we met up and discovered we were playing brother and sister, we just gelled. But then there's the wrong side of it, in that having someone as beautiful as Alice as your sister and Amanda as your mother is tricky at times!"

What's the relationship like between Nathan and Maisie?
    "Maisie's been studying in London like Nathan and we've established a close group of mates. They've lived quite crazy lives in London and the fact she's ended up married to my best mate [Tristan] is a clear sign that as a sibling unit, we're very close. Nathan knows how off-the-wall Maisie can be, so there's a part of him that knows he's the one person who could protect her. There's a real warmth and connection between them."

Did it take long to establish the family dynamic?
    "Alice [Coulthard] and I are really close and that happened on the first day of rehearsals. It was immediately apparent that we were going to get on. As for our relationships with our parents, it surprised me that it took no time at all for us to become the family unit. You'd imagine that we'd all take a while to bed in and get used to each other, but we didn't. While filming the final scene on the first day of us all being together, there's a fairly big argument that happens between the four of us and when they shouted 'cut', there was a kind of calm that came across us all. I think it was then we realised that the family had arrived."

Who immediately catches his eye when he turns up in the village?
    "Nathan's a massive flirt and ridiculously, within three minutes of arriving in the village, Nathan and Katie catch each other's eyes. But who could really blame him?!"

In the casting announcement, you described Nathan as a 'bit of a rogue'. Is there more to that?
    "Yeah, definitely. Nathan doesn't mind spreading the charm and he uses it to get what he wants. The other part of him is obviously the business. He won't stop at anything to get what he wants and isn't bothered about bending or breaking to reach his endgame. Certainly, along the way, he doesn't mind who he hurts. Nathan's not another Andy Sugden who uses brute force. Instead he's more of a manipulator who gets his own way."

Can you give us any teasers as to what we can expect from Nathan in the coming months?
    "No matter what viewers see over the first few episodes, there's a lot more to come from his darker side. As far as his attempts at having a relationship with Katie are concerned, it really shows that he has no qualms in kicking people to the kerb to get what he wants. And there's definitely something going on with Nathan for him to have such a confident attitude towards life. There's some great stuff to come, which I'm really excited about."

Amanda Donohoe is to quit because she cannot stand the cold Yorkshire Dales.

The LA Law actress, who swapped Tinsel Town for the country village, told her co-stars she has had enough.

Amanda, 46, who only joined the show at Christmas as jodhpur-wearing Natasha Wylde, has reportedly confessed that she will not renew her contract which runs out in six months’ time. She will fulfil her current obligations to the show and then move on.

Insiders say that despite a good start, the experience has not lived up to her expectations.

One said: “After so many years living the high life in Hollywood, having to graft in the freezing cold on the Yorkshire Dales is a bit of a shock.

“No-one is surprised that she’s been saying she won’t renew her contract.”

The news comes just as Emmerdale fans welcome the arrival of her on-screen kids, Nathan (Lyndon Ogbourne, 25) and Maisie (Alice Coulthard, 27) this week.

A show spokesman said: “Amanda is contracted to the end of the year.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (18-02-2009)

Leaving already shame i really like her.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I like Natasha the best - its a shame she is leaving

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Buster99 (02-10-2009)

Thread Information