Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall)

Coronation Street brings the Tyrone and Kirsty storyline to a gripping conclusion this week, as the former couple go head-to-head in court.

As Tyrone's domestic violence trial begins, it quickly becomes apparent that things aren't looking good for him - and his only hope is that Kirsty will begin to dig her own grave as her behaviour spirals out of control.

We recently caught up with Alan Halsall, who plays Tyrone, to hear all the gossip on the trial week and where things go from here.

What was Tyrone's trial like to film?
    "It was quite interesting for me, because it was the first time that I'd been on the court set that we use here at Corrie. It was a new experience, because it's quite different from the scripts that we would get for a normal day filming on the Street or in The Rovers.

"This story has already had lots of twists and turns along the way - and the viewers will see that there are a couple more in the trial itself! We were filming in the court for about four or five days all in all, and I really enjoyed it."

How does Tyrone cope when so many lies about him are being voiced by Kirsty and the prosecution?
    "This is the tough thing for him. Tyrone, bless him, thought that he'd stand up there, say what really happened and that would be the end of that! Unfortunately, when he gets to court, he gets that full realisation that all of the evidence is stacked against him. It starts to hit home that he might actually go to prison for this.

"I think Tyrone has to bite his tongue when he hears people who he's known for years - like Deirdre and Eileen - giving evidence against him. That really hurts him, because Tyrone is one of those guys who just wants everyone to like him, really."

Does Kirsty put on a good performance in court, or are the cracks starting to show at this point?
    "I think the pressure is definitely starting to get to Kirsty, but she's always been two steps ahead of Tyrone throughout this entire storyline. She's always thought things through a lot more than Tyrone has.

"Kirsty is still quite prepared to stand up there and tell those lies in a court of law, whereas Tyrone would never be prepared to do that. Although the pressure is taking its toll on Kirsty, she's more than capable of standing up there and giving evidence against Tyrone."

As the week plays out, Julie finally discovers the truth when Kirsty hits her… What did you make of this twist to the tale?
    "I think it's a great twist, because it shows that Kirsty is really getting out of control now. In the past, Kirsty's violent outbursts have only ever been towards Tyrone - they've never been towards baby Ruby or anyone else.

"But the fact that it's now moved onto somebody else shows that it's getting out of hand now. It even shows Kirsty herself that her violent streak is getting out of control. We've had so many twists and turns in this storyline, and this is another one. But trust me, this won't be the only twist as the court case goes on…"

Whatever the verdict is, it sounds like everyone on the Street will know the truth about Kirsty. Will Tyrone ever be able to forgive the people who doubted him?
    "Well, one thing I know about Tyrone as a character is that he's extremely forgiving. He forgave his mum all his life and always gave her more chances. He also forgave Kevin for having an affair with Molly. Tyrone even forgave Kirsty several times when she first started hitting him.

"This is the thing with Tyrone - he wears his heart on his sleeve. Although he's been hurt, he'll probably understand over time why people thought he was the violent one. It's because this is what we mainly hear about when it comes to domestic violence - the male being the perpetrator and the female being the victim, so it's been easier for the local residents to believe that version of events. I think Tyrone will recognise that and forgive everyone."

Do you think Corrie are bringing this story to a close at the right time, or could it have played out for longer?
    "Every story has to come to an end at some point, as you don't want people getting bored. I think what Corrie has done with this storyline has been fantastic. When we did a lot of the research, we saw that a lot of these domestic violence cases went on for a long time without people finding out or the police getting involved. It wasn't something that Corrie could play out for just three months or six months.

"If you think back, this story has gone on for probably the best part of 18 months, so I think we've definitely done it justice. Even though it's gone on for a while, I don't think the audience have been bored, because the writers have provided so many unexpected surprises along the way. I think it's definitely kept people interested, and as an actor, it's certainly kept me interested too! I've loved it from start to finish."

Natalie Gumede, who plays Kirsty, has left Corrie, but we've heard that the door will be left open for her. Would you like to see her return at some point in the future?
    "Definitely, as I had an amazing working relationship with Natalie. She's an amazing girl and super, super talented. She was also a joy to work with, which really matters when you're working very long days and filming emotional scenes.

"I'd love to have Natalie back at Corrie, but at the same time, I'm really excited for her to go out there and do something new. If people have seen her talent and the work that she's done at Corrie - making such a big impact on a show like this - I'm sure she'll go on to loads more things."

When the story first started, did you expect it to make the impact that it has?
    "In all honesty, no. When Corrie told me that they were going to do this storyline, I was really excited because it's a gift of a story. However, I didn't know the extent of it, or how far it was going to go. It became bigger and more enjoyable as time went on. To use that cliché that I'm sure people get sick of hearing, as an actor you want something to sink your teeth into - and that was exactly this story for me."

Are you expecting things to go quiet for Tyrone storyline-wise once this is over?
    "Well, part of the beauty of Corrie and what I love about this job is that we don't actually know what's going to happen. Until we get the scripts, I honestly don't know what's next for Tyrone. We'll just and have to wait and see."

Are you enjoying the Tyrone and Fiz pairing?
    "Absolutely. There's a lot of history there between Tyrone and Fiz, so I'm absolutely loving it. Jennie McAlpine is a scream to work with, she's brilliant. It's really fun."

How did you feel when you won the NTA in January?
    "I was absolutely elated with that - I think more so because I genuinely didn't expect it at all! It came as a real shock. It's a prestigious prize because it's the National Television Awards and it's voted for by the public, which means a lot. With all those things added together, it was a bit overwhelming!"

Now you're up for 'Best Actor' at the British Soap Awards!
    "I'm thrilled, to be honest. I only found out a couple of weeks ago when everyone else did. Of course it's nice for me personally, but I think it's nice for the whole show as well. It's recognition for the storyline really, and it's nice for us to get that at the awards."

Is there anything you'd say for why our readers should be voting for all things Corrie at the Soap Awards?
    "I think if you enjoy the stories we're doing here at Corrie, then vote for us! We have such a loyal fanbase and people get so involved with the show. I'm sure if they're enjoying it, they'll pick up the phone or get on the website to vote!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Would this be better in the thread for Tyrone and Kirsty or Tyrone and Fiz?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (25-03-2013)

Exclamation Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall)

Coronation Street's Tyrone Dobbs is in line for a shock accident next month.

Tyrone (Alan Halsall) suffers a near-death experience after being involved in a building accident which leaves him with broken bones.

Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs in Coronation Street
    © ITV

According to the Daily Star, Tyrone has renovations done at his house but a ceiling collapses on top of him and he is struck by falling debris, including a large drill.

As he's rushed to hospital in severe pain, his friends and family watch in horror.

Builder Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) was contracted by Tyrone to do the work and is left feeling guilty over the incident.

These scenes will air next month on ITV.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (03-07-2014), tammyy2j (08-07-2014)

Thats when he will probably will take Owen on

alan who plays tyrone has split from his wife lucy she was katy on corrie

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    alan who plays tyrone has split from his wife lucy she was katy on corrie
    Aww what a shame ... they have not long had a baby girl

I thought they were for keeps

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2016), maidmarian (05-05-2016)

Thats's nice to hear

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2016)

He is to cheat on Fiz with Gemma

Thread Information