Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tyrone Dobbs Dumped

Mechanic Tyrone Dobbs is in for a lonely Christmas after being dumped by fiancé Molly Compton.

The bride-to-be sends him packing after suspecting he’s also been servicing the new girl behind the counter at the kebab shop.

Molly (Vicky Binns, 25) will become suspicious of kebab girl Minnie Chandra (Poppy Jhakra) when she sees her wearing Tyrone’s T-shirt and smells her perfume on him.

She tells him: “Admit it. You’ve been lying to me for months. All that rubbish about lifting weights at the gym … the heaviest thing you’ve lifted lately is a chunky Kit Kat.”

Tyrone (Alan Halsall, 25) tries to tell her the truth that he’s been flogging the T-shirts for Molly’s Auntie Pam but Molly’s in no mood to listen and packs her bags and leaves.

Tyrone begs her to stay and even Jack Duckworth (Bill Tarmey, 67) tries to matchmake. But Molly’s mind is made up and she moves back in with her dad.

Aw what, these two are a great couple If they can't make it, who can . Is Vicky leaving? Because if she isn't then they'll be back together within a week!

Jack will have to kick his butt to go and win her back.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

V would be spinning in her grave I tell ya!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Awww not with these two!

The actress Vicky Binns is pregnant, so that's probably why they're setting up her storyline ready for her departure

Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall)

In what will be Coronation Street's 73rd wedding, Tyrone Dobbs and Molly Compton (Alan Halsall and Vicky Binns) will tie the knot in true will-they-won't-they style in a few weeks' time. As ever, the wedding day doesn't quite go to plan when Tyrone is 'arrested' as he completes one final jaunt for Auntie Pam (Kate Anthony). However, all's not what is seems and Tyrone eventually makes it to the church on time. But even when he's there, Tyrone's nerves get the better of him at the altar. We gave Tyrone actor Alan Halsall a call to hear his thoughts on his screen nuptials.

Are you pleased that they're letting you explore Tyrone as a character more?
    "Yeah. I think it's always nice to go off in different directions with a character. As well as Jackie being back in Tyrone's life, he also has a relationship with Auntie Pam now, too. As well as that, there's the friendship with Kevin and Tyrone's relationship with Molly. It really is nice to experience more on-screen relationships with other characters because it's different with each person."

Do you think that Tyrone was underused for a while? It must be great working with all the material they're giving you at the moment.
    "Absolutely. But you kind of know that a soap will focus on different storylines, so you know that you're not going to be in focus all the time. But yeah, it's nice to get the big storylines when they come along and I really appreciate it when they do. I've got to be honest, doing a Corrie wedding is just amazing."

You just touched on Auntie Pam. What do you think of Kate Anthony as a new addition?
    "The partnership between Tyrone and Pam has been great on screen. Tyrone wasn't sure about her at first and then when she roped him into all her scams, it brought out a really different side of him. He wasn't trying to be mischievous. You could see all the good in everything he was trying to do! And I get on really well with Kate. She's been a really great addition to the Duckworths' fold, too. She's a great actress. She's a bit like a female Del Boy really, isn't she?! We have some great comedy writers and it's so good when they get these little one-liners in there."

What happens on Tyrone and Molly's wedding day?
    "Well, Auntie Pam asked Tyrone to do her a favour, but he doesn't really listen to what it is she wants doing, all Tyrone hears is that she wants to buy Jack a new pigeon coop. He sees the good in what she's doing. It's typical Tyrone, really – he always sees the good in people. Even though it's his wedding day and he's really angry to have been asked, he goes to sell the sunglasses for Pam because it's inadvertently for Jack. It's all a setup, though, and Tyrone ends up thinking he's been arrested! He's completely in bits, but Jack and Kirk bail him out. It's a bit of a rush, but he gets to the church, though, and he's mortified throughout the whole service. It all comes to a head as he's going through his vows when he faints."

What happens at the reception?
    "The reception's really nice as there's a lovely speech from Jack. But in the background, Jackie sneaks in. Tyrone and Molly initially think to kick her out, but they agree to let her stay because of the special day it is. Everyone's had a collection going and they all buy Molly and Tyrone some tickets to Paris for their honeymoon and, of course, Jackie finds out about them…"

Were there any standout funny moments during filming?
    "It was absolutely freezing at the church we were filming at and I've not actually seen it yet, but Jimmi Harkishin, who plays Dev, went flying on some icy gravestones! I've not actually seen it yet, but I'm hoping they've got it on tape! And then when we were rehearsing on set, we rehearsed me fainting at the altar and it was lucky it wasn't a take because Andy Whyment [Kirk] had to leave the church because he was laughing that hard. He was crying with laughter."

Do you think Molly and Tyrone are the new Jack and Vera?
    "No, not at all. People ask me about this all the time. I'd like to stay as far away from that as possible, if I'm honest. In my eyes, those shoes are so enormous to fill. Jack and Vera have been legends for three decades. I suppose if Tyrone and Molly were a quarter as loved as Jack and Vera were (and still are) I'd be happy."

Corrie's Tyrone talks Margi's return

I recently caught up with Coronation Street's Alan Halsall - Tyrone Dobbs in the soap - to chat about his upcoming screen wedding to Molly (Vicky Binns). Click here to read more.

Here, though, are Alan's thoughts on his screen mum Jackie's return to the soap and how he'd like her to make a full-time comeback.

What's it like to have Margi Clarke back again?
    "Oh both occasions, it's been mad. Margi's just crazy. She's a real live wire to be around and she always makes the day fun, as does Jackie the character - she comes in and causes trouble. It really is great to have her back. It was many years ago now that I last did some work with her on Corrie and for all she might have changed in her appearance with the pink hair, she's really not changed as a person. She's the fantastic live wire she's always been."

Would you like to see her return full-time?
    "I'd like to see Margi return full-time, but whether Tyrone as a character would is a different matter! Every time she's around she just causes him heartache. Jackie would have to do a lot of grovelling for Tyrone to accept his mum back in his life full-time. At the end of the day, though, she's still his mum and there'll always be that great relationship between the pair of them."

Exclamation Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall)

Coronation Street's Tyrone Dobbs is in line for a shock accident next month.

Tyrone (Alan Halsall) suffers a near-death experience after being involved in a building accident which leaves him with broken bones.

Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs in Coronation Street
    © ITV

According to the Daily Star, Tyrone has renovations done at his house but a ceiling collapses on top of him and he is struck by falling debris, including a large drill.

As he's rushed to hospital in severe pain, his friends and family watch in horror.

Builder Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) was contracted by Tyrone to do the work and is left feeling guilty over the incident.

These scenes will air next month on ITV.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (03-07-2014), tammyy2j (08-07-2014)

Thats when he will probably will take Owen on

He is to cheat on Fiz with Gemma

Thread Information