Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Curly19 View Post
    Dose any one know if Ronnie has talked to Joel Danielle birth father
    dunno, i doubt it
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I have not heard his name being mentioned at all in all of this.

what happened to him anyway?

She went to find him at that School Reunion with Christian didn't she? But he didn't turn up, don't think we've heard anything about him since.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Ronnie looked him up a bit before Christmas, and a little girl answered the door( Ronnie told her she had the wrong house , then she decided to take off without speaking to Joel. So my guess is that Ronnie has not had any contact with him since Danielle was born??
    That is all I can remember about Joel .Guess he is a family man now,, moved on with his life.
    Last edited by JustJodi; 07-04-2009 at 23:15.

Oh yeah, I remember that part now too.

yeh and she sent him that letter (im guessing saying their daughter was dead, i cant really remember?) and archie burnt the one he sent back
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

EastEnders executive Diederick Santer has explained that Danielle Jones's tragic death last week became an inevitable storyline move.

Hundreds of fans were outraged following the demise of Danielle (Lauren Crace) only minutes after revealing to a devastated Ronnie (Samantha Janus) that she was her daughter.

Speaking of the storyline twist, Santer told Inside Soap: "When we were devising the character, we knew this was one of the possible endings. And as we worked through the story, it became inevitable.

"We loved Danielle and Ronnie together, but the magic is that they're forever out of reach for one another. If Danielle had left without Ronnie finding out who she was, it would have been irritating for the audience. The only way for the character to be permanently gone was to kill her."

He continued: "Every time we imagined a scenario where there was an upbeat resolution, the magic was lost and it all became ordinary. Basically, it diminished both characters - Ronnie had been defined by the loss of her daughter when she was young. This was the only outcome which gave me goosebumps, too - and in the end, you have to listen to your instinct."

The EastEnders chief went on to reveal that if time had allowed, he would have let the story run to nearly a year.

"I'd have liked to have kept the storyline going for longer this year, as it only played out for nine months on screen - a blink of an eye in the EastEnders timescale," he said.

"I'd like to have given it a year or more, as we did with the Max and Stacey affair. But other happenings, such as weddings, meant we had to pull it all forward."

I hope that his statement will now stop people from starting petitions to bring her back

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Perdita,, I agree with what the guy said, but if I read this right there were 41 thousand complaints logged ???????? Not sure that they(EE) could pull a DALLAS storyline..what they did was they killed off a character but brought him back because fans went bonkers ??? they brought him back the next season after his wife wakes up from having a nightmare about his death, and finds him butt naked in the shower (HEY BRY remember this scene ???)
    I still think the writers could have done just a bit better with the story.. just a bit ,, thats not asking for much is it

Really I do not want Danielle back , the story has run its course ( well almost .. we have the funeral to get thru )

apparently it was always really the intention to have her die at some point once the storyline had got going, and so even if they hadnt killed her straight away she would have died at some point. yeh ok it was annoying that it was just as ronnie found out but all these people moaning about it would have complained if it had happened in a few months time as well. no storyline is ever going to please everyone, and i dont understand the point in a petition, you cant (realistically) bring someone back once theyve been killed off!
    Last edited by di marco; 08-04-2009 at 19:36.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Thread Information