Thread: DVD help

DVD help

hmm ok where to start.

I got a new laptop in september and went from xp to vista, what i used to be able to do with my old one (xp) using a programme that came pre-installed on the laptop called Roxio my dvd was import files from a disk into the programme then edit them (ie remove scenes i don't want) and add music and titles to my project.

So this new laptop didn't come with anything i could do that with so ive purchased roxio my dvd lab 10 installed it and i can import files from the disk with it but only 3 of them and none of them are the ones i need to use these are all 20 second clips that i put on as an accident at the beginning what i need to do is import the one that i did not make the mistake on (it's all on the same disk) and remove bits from it as some of what was filmed are useless due to the battery on my video camera playing up the day it was filmed so i now have unwanted bits in that look like i was still filming with the lens cover on - not exactly what i want on the disk to be fair.

So i thought if i can't import the right file from the disk maybe i can copy the contents of the disk to somewhere like my videos or something but i can't find a way to do this either....any suggestions please i really need to be able to edit that video so the black bits are gone
    Last edited by Xx-Vicky-xX; 03-01-2009 at 22:59.

Sig dedicated to Charley

So you've got some video clips and you want to edit bits out? Your post is a bit muddled.

Try windows DVD maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
    So you've got some video clips and you want to edit bits out? Your post is a bit muddled.

Try windows DVD maker.
    I went to disney land paris, took my video camera and filmed stuff while there, my battery was playing up and deciding to stop communicating with the camera most of the day so until i changed the batteries over (cos i knew my spare only lasted an hour and a half so wanted to save that for the parade) i was putting up with it, until i realised what was actually happening what i was doing was letting the camera turn its self off, then i realised that doing this meant the recording was still going for about 5/6 seconds so in several places i have parts in it that look like i have put the lens cap on while still filming so i want to take them out.

As far as i can see Windows DVD maker wont let me do that

Sig dedicated to Charley

Thread Information