Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who - News and Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    How? This is what I wonder. Didn't the Doctor say that if she remembered just even the smallest bit, then it would kill her, her memory of him has been wiped etc, so is it just going to be a fleeting part in passing or what?? Its slightly confusing me tbh.
    They can write around that though. They did say that Rose could never come back after series 2, but they wrote her into series 4 all the same.

I am glad i love Catherine Tate as Donna, although i do get where everyone is coming saying its a bit soon - her dramaticy exit and then all of a sudden she is back - although no complaining
    And Wilf WOOOOOOO!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    How? This is what I wonder. Didn't the Doctor say that if she remembered just even the smallest bit, then it would kill her, her memory of him has been wiped etc, so is it just going to be a fleeting part in passing or what?? Its slightly confusing me tbh.
    They can write around that though. They did say that Rose could never come back after series 2, but they wrote her into series 4 all the same.
    Of course they can, they're writers after all - but with Rose, she went to the parallel world and the rift was opened allowing passage - how can Donna be involved with the Doctor, fully knowing who he is, if that is the case, without being killed, which is what they said would happen.

I just think its a bit soon apart from anything else - she was a great companion, but those are my doubts.

Yeah I think its too soon and wont creat as big as a dramatic impact as Rose, but then again in my opinion no one can top rose

I hope this is true, I was devestated when Donna had to have her mind wiped. I loved Donna as the Doctor's sidekick - better than Rose for me sorry (ducks)

And the new Doctor is ......

Matt Smith has been confirmed as David Tennant's successor in Doctor Who.

Aged 26, he will be the youngest ever actor to play the iconic role. His credits include political drama Party Animals and The Ruby In The Smoke, opposite former Who companion Billie Piper.

Of his casting, Smith said: "I'm flabbergasted. I haven't slept really! [Doctor Who] is an iconic part of our culture, and now I'm taking that on. It's nervewracking. Exciting. Exciting."

Smith will replace Tennant at the end of four Doctor Who specials, the last of which will air at the start of 2010. He will then go on to helm a full fifth series alongside a new companion, who is yet to be named.

Steven Moffat, who takes over from Russell T Davies as executive producer following the specials, said: "Literally from the first day, the second or third person we saw, it was him. He was spot on from the beginning.

"There is something quite old about him, so he looks quite young and old at the same time, which is important."

Tennant announced his decision to quit the long-running series in October 2008, saying that he did not want to "outstay [his] welcome". By the end of his tenure, Tennant will have appeared in three full-length series and eight specials.
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 03-01-2009 at 18:12.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessie Wallace For This Useful Post:

Layne (03-01-2009)

Who?
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Theres a coouple of pictures for you
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 03-01-2009 at 18:20.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessie Wallace For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (03-01-2009)

Right Im really not sure about this guy, I dont like the look he gave the camera at the end

Smile

Im not sure what he's going to be like
    He looks as energetic and eccentric to be the doctor, and I don't think the age matters much.
    Everyone thought David Tennant would be bad as the doctor when Christopher Eccleston left, and look at him now! So I think we just have to give him a chance.

Thread Information