Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here 2009

TELLY'S Joe Swash was yesterday declared bankrupt - less than a year after the ex-EastEnder won I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
    The hunk, 27 - tipped to rake in a fortune when he was crowned king of the Aussie jungle last December - has been unable to pay £20,000 he owes the taxman.

His bankruptcy was made official at London's High Court of Justice - just as he jetted Down Under to be a guest on this year's I'm A Celeb.

Swash - boyfriend of Albert Square beauty Kara Tointon - had owed the Revenue a whopping £120,000.

The divorced dad of one managed to pay the bulk of it but taxmen got fed up with waiting for the rest.

The Official Receiver has now taken control of his assets.

Last night his agent Becca Barr insisted it was all a mix-up and Swash would be battling to get the ruling annulled. She said: "Joe has not been around to sort this out.

"The bankruptcy should never have gone through. He's not in financial difficulty - he's fine. There was a tax issue which will be resolved imminently. Everyone has to pay tax and Joe knows he is no exception."

Swash played cheeky Micky Miller in the BBC1 soap. Girlfriend Kara was his on-screen sister Dawn Swann.

He was axed from EastEnders in 2006 - but his flagging career looked to have been revived by his triumph on I'm A Celeb.

Following a string of TV appearances Swash moved into a £400,000 flat in Woodford Green, North London.

He is currently starring with Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson in the Living TV show Living With My Idol.

A court source said: "Joe has clearly made efforts to head off the bankruptcy but hasn't been able to find the full amount quickly enough.

"It means the Official Receiver is now in control of his money and his accounts will effectively be frozen.

"The bankruptcy is purely down to tax debts - there are no other creditors listed on the petition."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0Vrp61ULG

I wonder how he is going to be paid from ITV if he's been declared bankrupt.
    Thanks CrazyLea

so thats joe back in eastenders
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Will they deduct what he owes them direct from source? Lets hope there is a few more shows that will have him or Kara needs to help out with more lingerie adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Will they deduct what he owes them direct from source? Lets hope there is a few more shows that will have him or Kara needs to help out with more lingerie adverts.
    Possibly, but what will happen to the reminder of his wages after the 20k + any interest has been taken? I'm assuming ITV are paying him more £20 - 30k for doing the show but as he doesn't have control of his bank accounts, where is the money going?
    Thanks CrazyLea

I would think that his account will be 'unfrozen' again once IR have their money

does anyone know who's gunna be on it yet
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

What about the money he earns from hole in the wall and the dosh he will get paid for appearing in Panto that should pay off a huge chunk.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

ORIGINAL Page 3 idol Samantha Fox has signed up for I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

The ex-model, 43, will get paid £60,000 for her bid to become Queen of the Jungle when the show starts in nine days.

The deal was thrashed out with ITV by her lesbian partner and manager Myra Stratton.

A show insider said: "Sam is a Page 3 icon and will be the show's glamour girl.

"She's no pushover and will speak her mind. She'll be a strong contestant and viewers will be interested to see what she's up to."
    Sam is the second star to sign up after snooker ace Jimmy White, and hopes it will lead to a career comeback.

But Ozzy Osbourne's son Jack shunned a £100,000 offer to take part.

Sam won The Sun's Page 3 Girl of the Year three years running in the '80s before launching a music career. Her single Touch Me went to No1 in 17 countries and No3 in the UK in 1986.

In her 20s she was engaged to Aussie conman Peter Foster.

Sam is now a gay icon after settling down with Myra, 50, whom she plans to wed.

She has previously appeared in reality shows The Club and Celebrity Wife Swap.

I'm A Celeb hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly flew out to Australia on Wednesday. The show starts on November 15.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...t-Of-Here.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...t-Of-Here.html

They are the most desperate species of celebrities, willing to spend two weeks in the harsh environs of the Australian Jungle to resurrect their ailing careers.

But this year’s campers for the reality hit, I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! look dire enough to send the creepy crawlies back into hiding.

Former glamour girl Sam Fox, whose 1980s heyday has long since passed her by, will be flying out to Australia to appear on the ITV show next week.

Miss Fox, 43 – who this year announced her plans to have a civil partnership with her long-term girlfriend and manager Myra Stratton – caused controversy when she made her Page 3 debut aged 16, with her parents forced to sign a consent form.

She then launched a singing career and had a string of hits in the UK and across Europe in the 1990s.

The ex-model last appeared on our screens last year on Channel 4 reality show, Wife Swap, where she and her partner were featured alongside comedian Freddie Starr and his wife Donna.

Other names rumoured to be joining Miss Fox in the jungle when the series starts later this month are former footballer turned actor Vinnie Jones.

Meanwhile, Katie Price, formerly known as Jordan, has also been offered £450,000 up to become the first ever contestant to return to the I’m A Celebrity… jungle.

ITV chiefs believe the move would be 'ratings dynamite' and would give the show a massive publicity boost.

However, as it stands at the moment the model is due to be on assignment in America when I'm A Celebrity starts.

Her last appearance on the show in 2004 proved compelling viewing as the nation watched her growing closeness to pop star Peter Andre.

She was also famously seen parading around in a white bikini in the programme a tactic which has been aped by subsequent women on recent series.

The show which led to the pair becoming a couple and getting married also propelled them to new TV stardom.

Miss Price, 31, famously met Peter Andre in the third series of I'm A Celebrity when their flirting in the jungle gripped viewers.

After the show finished the pair became a couple and had their first child together in 2005, called Junior, in the same year they got married.

In 2007 she had her second child Princess with Andre.

But this year the married couple announced they were splitting after almost four years of marriage.

They have become the faces of ITV2 with their series proving to be one of its most watched programmes.

Despite splitting up they are still making shows for the channel separately and are on lucrative deals with the channel.

An insider said: 'It will at least be not on the first night and she will enter the jungle unannounced. It is very cheeky and very bold.

'This would be the first time ever someone has gone back in. I am sure the advantage of it is that it will keep her on the front page day after day for two-and-a-half weeks without actually having to do anything. And it is absolute ratings dynamite.'

However, a source close to the model said: “I don’t think she will be doing it, she is going to Los Angeles when the show starts – but never say never with Katie.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rl-Jordan.html

Thread Information