Thread: Robbie: I Want To Join Take That Again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Robbie: I Want To Join Take That Again

ROBBIE WILLIAMS has given his biggest hint yet that he will rejoin TAKE THAT — in the same week he splashed out on a new home back in Britain.
    The singer, 34, who has lived in Los Angeles for five years, has had his old group’s symbol tattooed on his right arm. And he admitted last night: “I’d love to be in the band again.”

The US-based Brit forked out £7million on an historic Wiltshire mansion, planned as his base for a charm offensive to promote his new album next year.

He has admitted he is “over the moon” for his old group, now enjoying a hugely successful comeback.

And last night he said he would “love” to rejoin them, quipping: “I’d like to think we’d be the only band in the history of music to get together because of artistic differences.”

Robbie has had the Take That symbol tattooed on his right arm as a sign of support for his chart topping former bandmates — with whom he had hits such as Back For Good before walking out in 1995 amid a bitter feud.

He and singer GARY BARLOW have had formal discussions about recording a one-off reunion gig for a DVD.

They chatted about it again when they met at an Arsenal football match last month.

Last night Robbie, exiled in LA for five years, penned an emotional message about his plans on his Inner Sanctum website.

He said: “Just thought I’d set a few things straight about me and the boys. We got together a lot over the summer. It was amazing. We’ve all matured a lot since we parted. I’m very pleased to say the differences we’ve had have just melted away.

“We had a lot of serious chats. Everything we had problems with each other about just boils down to one thing — victims of circumstance. No one was right, no one was wrong, it just ‘was’.

“We mainly laughed, which is what we used to do in the early days. In fact we didn’t really stop. Bellyache laughs — I’ve missed ’em. Bellyache laughs and the boys.

“After they left I felt like a ton of bricks had been removed from my shoulders. We’d put right what an awful lot of other broken bands fail to do.

“I celebrated by getting the Take That symbol tattooed on my right arm. I’m proud to know the boys and I’m proud to have been in the band.”

Robbie, who became a massive solo star after quitting the group, added: “The thing that struck me the most was how much fun they’re having. It’s more rewarding when you’re a gang. Ever since I left Take That I’ve wanted to be in a band.

“I’m over the moon for the boys. I was worried at first. I was following their meteoric return, but every photo of the lads I saw they didn’t look happy.

“Then they just seemed to take full stride again. Having met up with them I can tell you they’re having a ball.

“I’m really proud. I love the new album too — haven’t stopped listening to it.

“I’d love to be in the band again but I’ve got some unfinished business of my own.”

Gary, 37, and pals MARK OWEN, 36, JASON ORANGE, 38, and 40-year-old HOWARD DONALD have enjoyed huge success since their comeback two years ago.

Last week they sold 432,000 copies of new album The Circus. It has sold 120,000 more this week and is on course for a million sales by Christmas.

The band also sold 700,000 tickets for their stadium tour in a matter of minutes last month.

And a full-scale reunion with Robbie looks more likely now he has purchased his country pile.

The star, who insisted all the furniture was included in the price, bought the 18th-century pad days ago.

It has seven bedroom suites, a sauna, pool, gym, a helicopter hangar and 71-acre grounds.

A spokesman for Robbie refused to comment last night.

The Sun

Heard it all before *yawn*

I wish the papers would stop this take that dont need robbie and robbie doesnt need them!! Robbie left take that and should not get the option of coming back....not that he ever will

CHART king GARY BARLOW has signalled he would welcome a sensational TAKE THAT reunion with heart-throb former bandmate ROBBIE WILLIAMS .
    And he revealed HE was the man who persuaded Robbie to end his US exile — for the sake of his career.

Gary, whose Take That hits include Relight My Fire, said the pair had shared several long conversations about Robbie’s future.

He said: “The band has been having great fun with Robbie over the last few months and we’ve been talking a lot. It’s been really good getting to know him again. He has sorted himself out and is in a really good place at the moment.

“It’s great news that he’s decided to come back to the UK. I’ve always loved working here and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else — and I’ve been telling Robbie for a while now that he needs to move back.

“I think the time is right for him to come back now. I don’t think the US is the best place for him to be.

“This is where he thrives and is the best thing he can do for his career.

“He’s got a lot of unfinished business here and he’ll be back to his best in no time if he comes home.”

The Sun told exclusively yesterday how Robbie, 34, was preparing to return to the UK next year after living for five years in Los Angeles.

He has bought a £7million mansion in the Wiltshire countryside — and told fans on his website he’d “love” to rejoin Take That, who have enjoyed a hugely successful comeback since reforming two years ago.

Robbie, who scored a string of solo hits after leaving the group in 1995, also revealed that he has had the band’s symbol tattooed on his right arm.

Speaking at Capital Radio’s Jingle Bell Ball in London’s 02 Arena, Gary, 37, said he and the band had never ruled out the idea of Robbie rejoining and admitted they HAD discussed the possibility with him.

He said: “Robbie will not be coming on tour with us next year because he’s got his own things to do.

“But we are not ruling out getting together with him beyond that.”

Robbie walked out on Take That after a series of rows. The band split up a year later and went their separate ways.

Robbie launched a successful solo career and racked up a succession of No1s — including Angels and Millennium.

But he hit the skids with the release of his widely- panned seventh album Rudebox in 2006 and became a virtual recluse in LA.

Meanwhile Take That got back together in the same year and once again became the biggest pop act in the UK.

In the emotional message on his Inner Sanctum website Robbie — who was pictured with Gary at an Arsenal football match last month — said he was thrilled by the group’s remarkable return to the top.

He said: “I’m over the moon for the boys. Having met up with them I can tell you they’re having a ball. I’m really really proud. I love the new album too — haven’t stopped listening to it.”

He added: “I’d love to be in the band again but I’ve got some unfinished business of my own.”

And he signed off by saying: “I’d like to think we’d be the only band in the history of music to get together because of artistic differences.”

Gary previously admitted the majority of the fallouts in Take That stemmed from clashes between him and Robbie.

Despite his solo success, Robbie maintained a bitter war of words with the band after he left, launching a series of personal attacks.

But this seems to have been laid to rest now.

The prospect of Robbie rejoining Take That brought a mixed response from fans and record industry figures.

Music mogul SIMON COWELL said Gary and his bandmates MARK OWEN, 36, JASON ORANGE, 38, and 40-year-old HOWARD DONALD would be better off WITHOUT Robbie.

He said: “I’d keep it as it is. Robbie could have a guest slot now and again — or a duet.”

Take That’s comeback has proved an amazing hit.

Last week they sold an incredible 432,000 copies of new album The Circus. It has sold another 120,000 so far this week and is on course for one million sales by Christmas.

The group also sold 700,000 tickets for their stadium tour in a matter of minutes last month.

Robbie has enough money he does not need take that
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Robbie needs them more than they need him - and I don't think it has anything to do with money.

Since Robbie split with the song writer who wrote Angels he has been on a slippery slope.

I like Take that how they are

Thread Information