Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davro: My co-stars are fat and ugly

Angry Davro: My co-stars are fat and ugly

EASTENDER Bobby Davro stunned a crowd of 20,000 by branding two of his female co-stars fat and ugly.

Davro, 48 — who plays cheeky Vinnie Monks in the BBC soap — made a string of cruel jibes about the actresses who play Shirley Carter and Heather Trott.

The comic-turned-actor was warming up for crooner Barry Manilow at London’s 02 Arena on Sunday.

He said the worst part of his soap role was having to kiss screen lover Shirley — played by Linda Henry.

He sniped that she “had a face like a bulldog licking p*** off a thistle”.

Davro then joked he had slept with roly-poly Heather, — actress Cheryl Fergison — adding: “I’m not saying she’s big but I got on top of her and burnt my a*** on the lightbulb.”

Manilow fans cringed as he laid into the women.

Debbie Scarf, 51, of Isleworth, West London said: “I couldn’t believe how After
    “The actresses will be furious.”

Davro has been written out of the soap to appear in panto but plans to return next year.

His barbs are unlikely to endear him to his colleagues.

His agent Siovanya Bond said: “It was tongue in cheek. Both actresses know he jokes about them and see the funny side.”

Linda and Cheryl declined to comment.

A BBC spokeswoman said: “I suspect they’ll feel it’s just part of his act.”

From The Sun

After those comments I hope they will not have him come back to EE, he is no eye candy himself

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alvinsduckie (12-12-2008)

thats exactly what i was thinking, he isnt exactly the best person to look at is he!

Definately not! He was like that on the Eastenders weakest link too

WTF does he think he is - the little midget minger
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 09-12-2008 at 12:41.

It's not like he's Johnny Depp now is it! Although, I agree that the two actresses are not the best looking women in the world, to publically humiliate them in that way is not on.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Hmmmm is this BALDING ugly guy following Jonathan Ross and those other comedians, trying to shock audiences with stuff like that ??
    Davro is NOT a good looking guy.. Linda and Cheryl should speak up and say what they really feel about Davro.
    I do not know why they will bring him back next year, he didn 't do any thing on EE nor did he bring any thing to the show I just liked the first time he came on and ran over Shirley,, that was where he should have STOPPED coming back to Walford.......
    I am tired of all these comedians thinking they can get away with it cos they THINK WHAT THEY SAY IS FUNNY

If you actually read their reactions (Which are in other articles, the Sun hasn't printed them), they think its funny.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    If you actually read their reactions (Which are in other articles, the Sun hasn't printed them), they think its funny.

Abi can U link us to that site where the articles are printed ????

When Bobby Davro warmed up the crowd for a Barry Manilow concert, he jokingly had a go at former co-stars Linda Henry, aka Shirley Carter, and Cheryl Fergison, best known as Heather Trott.

Unfortunately, his comments didn't go down well with the audience. One woman told The Sun: "I couldn't believe how insulting he was.

"The actresses will be furious."

Davro, who played Vinnie Monks, made an unflattering reference to Fergison's size, before claiming the worst part of his job on the BBC One soap was having to kiss Henry.

The comedian's agent Siovanya Bond said: "It was tongue in cheek. Both actresses know he jokes about them and see the funny side."

Linda and Cheryl declined to comment.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "I suspect they'll feel it's just part of his act."

Davro was written out of the Walford-set serial to free him up for the panto season.

Whether he'll be warmly welcomed back to Albert Square remains to be seen...

From Yahoo News

This is disgusting. Doesn't he have better things to do than make up pathetic remarks about lightbulbs?

Thread Information