CORRIE has hit the bullseye — by signing up darts ace Phil “The Power” Taylor in a cameo role.

He plays Disco Dave from rival boozer The Flying Horse who takes on a Rovers team led by Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson).

Legend Phil, 48, landed the role after meeting star Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster, in the celebrity rounds of ITV’s recent Grand Slam of darts.

The pair bec-ame pals and producers penned a storyline for him.

The scenes, which air in February, will see Kirk Sutherland (Andy Whyment), Ashley Peacock (Steven Arnold), Kevin, Bill Webster (Peter Armitage) and Eddie Windass (Steve Huison) enter a darts competition.

Phil said: “It's an honour. My whole family are huge Corrie fans and I’ve always fancied a game of darts in the Rovers, especially against Kevin.

“I usually clear my diary in the run up to the World Championships but I made an exception for this. I’ll use the experience as a warm-up for the tournament.”

A Coronation Street spokesperson said: “When we heard that Phil was a fan of the show and would love a walk-on part we knew he would be perfect as Disco Dave.”