Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kym Marsh announces pregnancy

Kym Marsh announces pregnancy

Coronation Street actress Kym Marsh has confirmed that she is expecting a baby with Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas.

The 32-year-old mother of two, who plays barmaid Michelle Connor in the Weatherfield soap, is due to continue working throughout her pregnancy and will depart on maternity leave in early summer.

Speaking of the news, the couple said: "We are delighted to be able to announce that we are having a baby. All our family and friends are very excited at the prospect of a new arrival next summer."

In March, it was announced that she and husband Jack Ryder were to end their six-year marriage.

Four months later, Kym and Jamie went public with their relationship at the launch of this year's Inside Soap Awards. Since the announcement, it has been speculated that the pair are engaged to be married.

Kym has two children - David, 13 and Emily, 10 - while, Jamie, who plays Warren Fox in Hollyoaks, has a two-year-old son called Billy with his former girlfriend, Hayley Lever.

Julia Haworth (Claire Peacock), Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw) and Andrew Whyment (Kirk Sutherland) have all become parents in the past six months, while Alison King (Carla Gordon), Wanda Opalinska (Wiki Dankowska), Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby) and Jack P. Shepherd (David Platt) are all expecting new arrivals in early 2009.

Having a baby would fit in nicely with her leaving Corrie and Steve and Becky getting together properly

yeah hopefully there must be something in the water at corrie!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    yeah hopefully there must be something in the water at corrie!
    You can say that again!

On the DS Soap Movers is says that she will leave Summer 2009 but she will return early 2010. I have gone off her character now, hoped she would take a very long maternity leave.

I really dont like her character. Shes always moaning and thinks that everything is worse for her than evryone else.

Hopefully she will leave and not come bak. What is she coming back for anyway?!?!? What other stupid storylines can they give her.
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

Coronation Street actress Kym Marsh and her partner, Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas, have today announced the sad loss of their first child.

Their baby boy, named Archie Jay Lomas, was born 18 weeks premature in hospital on Wednesday night, before passing away seconds later.

Speaking of the devastating news, the 32-year-old actress - who plays Weatherfield's Michelle Connor - said: "Archie is our beautiful angel and we will miss him so much. Thank you all for your support."

That is so sad, my heart goes out to them. RIP Archie Jay

Sadly, Kym Marsh and boyfriend Jamie Lomas have today announced the loss of their baby.

Kym was rushed to a Manchester hospital on Monday night. Baby Archie Jay Lomas was born last night 18 weeks prematurely, and passed away shortly afterwards.

Kym, who plays barmaid Michelle in Coronation Street, and Jamie, who plays Warren in Hollyoaks, released a statement today saying, ‘Archie is our beautiful angel and we will miss him so much. Thank you all for your support.’

The couple announced their pregnancy last December.

While I feel sorry for their loss, I suppose this means she is now no longer going on maternity leave and will be in lots of storylines, presumably she will start a relationship with the new factory owner to give the character an excuse to stay around.

I am so gutted for her. I am 28 weeks pregnant and it worries me when people are giving birth at only 22 weeks.
    I guess she will probably be out of the show for a while then getting over losing a child and presumably warren will be out of hollyoaks as well
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

I think that you feel more for people when you can identify personally with them. It is very sad for them, and when you are pregnant yourself it must be scary hearing stories like this.

By 28 weeks miscarriage is, thankfully, very rare - and nowadays a baby born at 28 weeks has a good chance of surviving.

22 weeks is just too soon.

Thread Information