Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Janine Butcher

There is pictures of Janine filming scenes with David outside a train station so she must get off and is released and goes to France to be with Diane and Scarlett

EastEnders brings Janine Butcher's storyline to a dramatic conclusion this fortnight as she stands trial for Michael Moon's murder.

Janine is hopeful that she will walk free from court after her recent deal with Kat Moon, but with twists and turns ahead in the courtroom, the verdict could go either way.

Here, Charlie Brooks - who plays Janine - reveals her thoughts on the gripping final chapter of her character's story.

What is Janine's state of mind as she stands trial for murder?
    "I think Janine's emotions are all over the place, but her main focus is getting out and seeing Scarlett again. Janine is tough, but she knows it will be hard having to watch people give evidence against her, especially her stepbrother David.

"Janine is also intrigued about what Kat will do. She is probably also trying to work out how she can manipulate things, she is Janine after all! So she's going through a lot!"

Alice doesn't feature on screen in these episodes. What is the storyline reason for her not being there?
    "The judge informs everyone at the start of the trial that Alice won't be present and is represented by her barrister."

Does Alice's absence make things easier for Janine?
    "Yes I think so, because it makes it easier for Janine to go along with her lie. She can pretend it's real and not have Alice's presence reminding her of the truth."

After striking her deal with Kat, is Janine quietly confident that she'll get off?
    "I don't think Janine trusts Kat, so she isn't relying on her completely, but she does recognise how much Kat loves Stacey so she is quietly confident that she will go ahead with the false statement. I think Janine would fight tooth and nail to stay out of prison and won't even be able to consider the fact that she might be found guilty. She's used to getting away with things."

Is Janine willing to keep to her word and retract her statement about Stacey?
    "You never know with Janine! We know from her past behaviour that she's not to be trusted, but maybe prison has changed her. You'll have to wait and see."

Does it frustrate Janine that she may have to help Stacey, given their history?
    "As helping Stacey is just a means to helping herself, I don't think it's giving her too much bother. She's still looking out for number one."

How does Janine feel when David takes the stand to give evidence?
    "It's tough because Janine did allow herself to grow close to him at Christmas and she let him take advantage of her, and that's how everything unravelled. He's her family. He betrayed her and now she's going to have to sit and watch him betray her all over again."

Do we see Janine's testimony?
    "Yes you will see Janine's testimony but you'll have to wait and see how she plays it. I will say that you can't make assumptions about how Janine will act - she's unpredictable to say the least!"

How do you think Janine will cope if she is found guilty?
    "Janine has always found a way of coping through the various situations she has found herself in over the years, but I think if she is found guilty it will really knock her for six. She hasn't even allowed herself to comprehend that she could be found guilty."

What's the first thing you would expect Janine to do if she gets off?
    "She would go and try to rebuild the life she had built for her and Scarlett and then most likely cause some new mischief."

What outcome would you like for her?
    "I would like her to get away with it because I think deep down she is a good person and she did only kill Michael as self-defence after all."

Was it nice being back to wrap up the story?
    "Definitely. It's good to bring the storyline to a conclusion and I think the viewers will enjoy the ending. It's definitely dramatic!"

How was it working with Lacey Turner again and closing that chapter in Stacey and Janine's story?
    "Lacey's a fantastic actress so it's a real treat to get to work with her again. I don't know if Stacey and Janine's chapter will ever be closed as there is so much history between them, but yes it's an interesting turn of events in their story."

Is there a chance we'll ever see Janine again one day?
    "Never say never. I've loved my time on the show and loved playing Janine so I'd hate to think that I might never get to play her again but it's time for a new challenge in my life."

Are you watching EastEnders at home?
    "I've been travelling recently but have caught it when I can. I think Lindsey Coulson is an incredible actress so her cancer storyline has been gripping."

Who is your favourite character out of the new arrivals?
    "I obviously haven't really had the chance to work with any of them but as a viewer I would have to say Mick Carter, as he has some similarities to Frank."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 11-03-2014 at 00:10.

soc is trying to lure her back

Online chatter that she is returning ........

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (03-04-2018), Rear window (30-03-2018), Siobhan (03-04-2018), tammyy2j (01-04-2018)

Online chatter that Alfie Moon is returning with her .....

Online speculation she might be coming back for Christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Online speculation she might be coming back for Christmas...
    she is selling the house stacey in

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (23-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she is selling the house stacey in
    Does that mean Alfie needs to get his cash out, that he hid and Kat found?
    Last edited by mysangry; 03-11-2019 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    Does that mean Alfie needs to get his cash out, that he hid and Kat found?
    phil got most of that back

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mysangry (04-11-2019), parkerman (03-11-2019)

Thread Information