Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Goody

Anybody on here attending the funeral?

WREATHS spelling out Jade Goody’s best-known sayings — including “Minging” and “East Angula” — will accompany the reality TV star on her final journey today.

Thousands of mourners are expected to turn out to pay their respects as she wanted her funeral to be a fun event.

Mum-of-two Jade, 27, planned the service herself before she died from cervical cancer last month.

And she showed typical humour in requesting wreaths depicting key elements of her life including a perfume bottle, newspaper and camera.

Floral arrangements will also include the word “kebab” — from one of her infamous Big Brother moments — and a Marmite jar after she compared herself to the spread, saying: “You either love me or hate me.”

Florist Nancy Arif said Jade’s husband Jack Tweed had asked for the word “Wife” in white, just like the flowers at their wedding six weeks ago.

Nancy added: “One of her friends has asked me to do ‘Legend’. It’s an honour to do this for Jade, and we will try to do her proud, and make the flowers as beautiful as she was.”

Other floral arrangements will spell out the words “Daughter”, “Granddaughter” and “Mummy” — with a huge “Goody” emblazoned on the roof of the hearse.

The flowers, including a wreath sent by David and Victoria Beckham, will be carried by four cars.

A 21-vehicle funeral cortege will follow the vintage hearse carrying Jade’s coffin when it sets off at 8.30am from Bermondsey, South London, where she was born.

The procession will continue at walking pace to Jade’s childhood home on the Dickens Estate, where her mum Jackiey still lives.

It will also stop briefly at the Blue Market, where traders will follow tradition and bow their heads in respect.

Jade’s grandfather John Caddock — who used to run a stall at the market — said last night: “I’m expecting a sea of people everywhere we go.”

The procession will cross Tower Bridge en route to Jade’s home in Upshire, Essex.

Jade’s coffin will also pass the beautician’s parlour which she used to part-own in Loughton, Essex.

Mourners will then walk from Loughton to the service at St John the Baptist Church in nearby Buckhurst Hill.

Grieving Jack, 21, will read out a heartbreaking poem he wrote for Jade, before releasing a single white dove to mark their love as she is laid to rest in her wedding dress at Epping Burial Ground.

A further 27 doves, one for each year of her life, will be released as Jade is lowered into the ground.

Two of her favourite photographs of her sons have been placed in her coffin, which was sealed by her mum yesterday.

A family friend said: “There won’t be a dry eye in the church or at the burial.”

Jade’s sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, have been taken to Australia with dad Jeff Brazier to avoid the public gaze.

Well-wishers continued to leave flowers at Jade’s home yesterday.

Cancer survivor Sally Chambers, 32, said: “Jade was like a shining light to me and I feel I’d be letting her down if I wasn’t at the funeral.”

Anglican bishop David Hawkins, whose diocese covers Jade’s home, praised her for facing death with “reality and courage”.

The Rt Rev Hawkins said her actions would help others. He added: “Amidst the sadness that a young mother’s life has been cut short, the funeral will also be a celebration of a 27-year-old who lived life to the full.”

From The Sun

That would explain some of the high costs, all those flowers, which need 4 cars alone

WTF. 21 cars along with the hearse. What a senseless waste of money. From my time in the business I know that floral tributes like MUM etc cost around £50 PER LETTER!!!!!!!. All this wasted money on flowers which will be as dead as Jade in a weeks time. She lived like a Chav, married like a Chav, died like a Chav and now is being buried with full chav honours. These people make me want to vomit.

She could have used the money to ensure her name lived on like spending it on a Cancer Ward or buying equipment to research this terrible disease.

Instead they spend a fortune on a tacky wedding and funeral. What a sad bunch of losers.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (04-04-2009), CrazyLea (05-04-2009), Dr. Tangliss (04-04-2009), JustJodi (04-04-2009)

at the end of the day she earned money for her sons, she got the wedding she wanted and now she has the funeral she wanted which she paid for before she died. she has donated money fromm her book yes she could have donated more but this is the funeral she wanted, dont we all have ideas for the tyoe of funeral we want??? dont familys do whatever they can to grant that last wish.

Hopefully this is the last we will hear of it all for a while.

RIP jade and thanks, im one women who put off her smear for months, mine was due a long time ago and now because of the publicity from this i have now booked my smear!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

willow (06-04-2009)

I don't need somebody like Jade to remind me to get a test done, you hear of people getting the disease all the time. She was a rude, foul-mouthed, racist, her dying a horrible death does not change my view of her. Other cancer sufferers raise loads of money for cancer charities, nothing special about her. It is all down to Max Clifford advising her, otherwise we would not have heard that much about her.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-04-2009), Dr. Tangliss (04-04-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    She lived like a Chav, married like a Chav, died like a Chav and now is being buried with full chav honours. These people make me want to vomit.

She could have used the money to ensure her name lived on like spending it on a Cancer Ward or buying equipment to research this terrible disease.

Instead they spend a fortune on a tacky wedding and funeral. What a sad bunch of losers.
    What exactly do you mean she died like a chav??? I am by no means a fan of JAde and I think both the media and public have totally gone over the top with this 'princess of Essex' business.... but I think the way she conducted herself after being told she had weeks to leave, earned my respect. Yes, it was done in full public view (but who can knock her motives - to provide for her sons, after her death?), but she made her finally weeks count...

If family and friends wanted to spend THEIR money on buying flowers for her funeral, then soooo what? Why shouldn't they? I'd do the same for a member of my family or friend.

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbanana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    She lived like a Chav, married like a Chav, died like a Chav and now is being buried with full chav honours. These people make me want to vomit.

What exactly do you mean she died like a chav??? I am by no means a fan of JAde and I think both the media and public have totally gone over the top with this 'princess of Essex' business.... but I think the way she conducted herself after being told she had weeks to leave, earned my respect. Yes, it was done in full public view (but who can knock her motives - to provide for her sons, after her death?), but she made her finally weeks count...

If family and friends wanted to spend THEIR money on buying flowers for her funeral, then soooo what? Why shouldn't they? I'd do the same for a member of my family or friend.
    Im sorry PB I have to disagree with you. The way she and the hangers on behaved in the days leading up to her death was disgusting. I blame the media as much as her publicity seeking hangers on. She was a nobody and yet to see the way she got on and was treated you would think she was royalty. The way she behaved in the weeks leading up to her death did not earn my respect. I just wonder how many other women suffered the same painful death that she undoubtedly suffered in the same time.

Of course her family and friends are free to spend THEIR money on flowers for her. Personally I feel that they are a terrible waste of money. I prefer to give flowers to someone when they are alive to appreciate them rather than see them rotting on top of a grave. One simple wreath or spray is nicer and more dignified than spending hundreds of pounds on daft floral tributes which will be dead in a week and tossed on a skip.

I have to agree with Alan on the amount of flowers wreaths. We have a local daily newspaper where they have the hatches, matches and despatches (birth, marrige and death) if you look at those who have died many say family flowers only but give donations to named charities. Posh spice was reported to send a wreath, that wouldn't have been cheap were the money could have been spent on treatment and medication.

The wreaths with the marmite jar and minging was just an insult. We all know she wasn't the brightest pixie in the forrest but let her have some dignity in death as she had none in life, and show some compasion to her two young sons. Mum, Daughter and Jade would have been more fitting.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Have a read of this. This is an inspiration to anyone suffering from Cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ation-end.html

Jade deserve to be admired for what she has done in the last 6 months I know a lot don't agree with her having the camera filming her and getting paid for it but she was doing it to provide a decent upbring for her sons something she didn't have, but it's the banwagon jumpers who get on my nerves, they are the ones who are making a mockery of her memory she may not be Jane Tomlinson but in her own way she tried to raise awarness of cancer.

If all those mourners who lined the streets today donated a fiver instead of throwing a flower it could have paid for a nurses wages for a day or week. If Jack want's the world to remember Jade give her the respect in death that she never had in life. If he wants Jade's legacy to live on then he should be the one to take if forward by raising funds for cancer research.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information