Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson, 'Neighbours')

She looks a lot younger when she's not dressed like a stripper!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Neighbours businessman Paul Robinson faces a tough time both professionally and personally on UK screens early next month.

A tough week for Paul (Stefan Dennis) begins when he finds his niece Kate Ramsay in bed with bad boy Mason Turner.

Paul has been against Kate and Mason's romance for quite some time, and is even more concerned when Mason's guilt over the Lassiter's robbery is revealed.

Unfortunately for Paul, it's clear that Mason (Taylor Glockner) has managed to win Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) back round again and she's still backing him every step of the way.

© Channel 5
    Kate and Mason spend the night together.

© Channel 5
    Paul catches Kate and Mason in bed together.

With Paul reeling over Kate's decision, things get even worse for him when his sister Lucy (Melissa Bell) arrives back in town.

Although Paul is pleased to see Lucy, she shocks him by revealing that she's now in charge of the whole Lassiter's chain and isn't pleased with the way he's been doing business.

With allegations of corruption casting a shadow over the company's reputation, Lucy insists that Paul should get rid of the existing hotel manager and appoint a replacement of her choice. Annoyed to be taking orders from his sister, how will Paul react?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, June 3 and Tuesday, June 4 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-05-2013), homeawayjsk (25-05-2013), lyndapym (25-05-2013)

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis has said that he would be interested to see his character Paul Robinson have a relationship with Terese Willis.

Terese turned up in Ramsay Street a few months ago alongside husband Brad Willis and has worked closely alongside Paul as manager of Lassiter's Hotel.

Speaking in a Q&A session with fellow co-star Taylor Glockner (Mason Turner), Dennis said: "It's got to be somebody who can be his counterpart. Another Izzy is what we want from Paul!

"A lot of people have mentioned Sarah Beaumont and a lot of people have hinted at Terese. Wouldn't that be interesting?"

Dennis also reiterated that he would love to see Joe Mangel make a return to the show.

When asked by a fan who he would bring back to the soap, Dennis immediately said: "Joe Mangel - did I say that too quickly?

"I remember the comedy and comedic situations that used to be created by Harold, Henry and Joe. I used to be sitting on the side of the set, watching them in hysterics."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (29-08-2013)

Bring Izzy back or a similar person...Not Terese please. She doesnt look good next to him

7. The Following User Says Thank You to homeawayjsk For This Useful Post:

SoapsJSK (05-02-2014)

Also ahead on Neighbours, Paul Robinson's mayoral campaign comes under threat when Marty Kranic returns to Erinsborough.

Marty leaves Paul (Stefan Dennis) unnerved by turning up to threaten him on the day before the election.

Cunning Marty (Darius Perkins) reminds Paul that he knows a number of his unsavoury secrets, including how he wanted to get rid of Robbo Slade last year.

Paul is shocked to see Marty Kranic on the scene again.
    © Channel 5
    Paul is shocked to see Marty Kranic again.

Marty insists on a cash payment in return for his silence, but when Paul refuses to be blackmailed, Marty instead approaches Karl Kennedy with the offer of some incriminating evidence against Paul.

Having fought a clean fight in the mayoral race so far, will Karl be willing to play dirty in order to destroy Paul's chances?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, February 3 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (25-01-2014)

Neighbours: Stefan Dennis on Paul stories, Rebecca return and more

Neighbours' last remaining original cast member Stefan Dennis has interesting times ahead on screen this year as show bosses continue to delve into Ramsay Street's past.

The actor's character Paul Robinson will come face-to-face with his ex-partner Rebecca (Jane Hall) in a few weeks' time as she returns for a guest stint, while his nephew Daniel - son of Scott and Charlene - will be joining Erinsborough as a new regular.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Stefan for a chat about what's in store for Paul in Neighbours' 29th year.

Paul is showing his bad side at the moment in his election campaign against Karl. What has the story been like to play?
    "It's always interesting to play Paul's bad side. I'm an actor so I'll play whatever's thrown at me, but I think any actor will tell you that it's more fun to play the villain or the baddie. There's a lot more scope and a lot more light and shade that can be explored. Obviously I'm very familiar with Paul and his dreadful ways, so I get to have a lot of fun playing around with it!"

A lot of fans like Paul's bad side but others prefer his softer moments. How easy is it to strike the right balance?
    "I think Paul these days isn't a villain as such. People brand him as a villain, but I think he's just a bit of a cad who steps over people to get his own way. He's also very controlling these days. The older Paul gets, the more controlling he becomes - especially with his family.

"In Paul's mind he's not controlling anyone, as he thinks that he's protecting the people around him. That's what is at the back of Paul's mind all the time, but the rest of the world doesn't see it that way! That means he gets on the wrong side of just about everybody.

"I actually had a Twitter message the other day from someone who said they wanted to see Paul turn good again, but my answer was, 'You're in the minority unfortunately!'"

Should the local residents be worried about what Paul could have in store for them?
    "You will have seen recently Paul really turning the tables on Terese and making her look like the bad guy when she'd done nothing wrong, so there's an example of how corrupt Paul's going to be and how he'll use his power if he does become mayor. He would use the power to his benefit. I'm sure he cares about the community too, but his main aim will be to use the power to his advantage."

There's been lots of speculation about Paul and Terese's rows. Do you think there could be romantic potential between them?
    "We're in a soap here, so never say never! At the moment though, and certainly for the foreseeable future, the answer is definitely not. They do have a little bit of a love/hate relationship and I think deep down Paul very much respects Terese for her business acumen and ability to manage. He also respects her ability to stand up to him. Paul likes a fighter - he doesn't like weak people.

"There's a lot of tension between them, but there's also been moments when they've come together quite well. There's also been people here in Australia asking me whether Terese and Paul are going to get together. I suppose that's another family that Paul could break up - he's good at that! (Laughs.)"

Would you like Paul to have another love interest?
    "It's interesting, because I actually spoke to the producers when Paul's relationship with Rebecca fell through, and I asked whether he'd have a relationship with anybody else in the near future. They said no and I told them that was good to hear, because I didn't think that Paul should be involved in any long-term serious relationship for quite some time. If he had done, it would have looked like Paul's love for Rebecca wasn't all that genuine.

"What they've got across really well is that Paul was very deeply in love with Rebecca. She was the second true love of his life - the first one being Gail. Paul was absolutely devastated when Rebecca walked out on his life. I'd say that he's going to be an unhappy bachelor for a little while yet."

Jane Hall and Stefan Dennis and Rebecca and Paul Robinson
    © Channel 5
    Rebecca and Paul Robinson

What can we expect from Rebecca's return this year?
    "Fireworks definitely! It will allude very much towards what I've just been saying about Paul and his love for Rebecca. Without giving too much away, let's just say that Paul - in his very shrewd and scheming way - actually orchestrates a whole scenario to bring Rebecca back. You'll actually be quite surprised when you find out what he's done and why he's done it…"

Melissa Bell has also returned for stints as Lucy recently. Would you like to see her back permanently?
    "Oh yeah, definitely! It's always great when you get close to a cast member on the show and they come back. It was the same when Jane Hall came back as Rebecca - it was absolutely fantastic working with her again, and the same goes for Melissa.

"When Melissa first came back, she'd been away for such a long time, so I think she felt a little bit like a fish out of water for the first couple of weeks. I did my damndest to make her feel at home, as did other cast members who knew her, but you've got to remember that she really only knew myself and Tom Oliver.

"Once Melissa came back second time round, she was a lot more comfortable. My understanding is that they are going to keep bringing her back. Whether they'll bring her back for longer periods I don't know, but in theory she's Paul's boss now. It's quite funny to have Paul's little sister as his boss!"

How involved have you been in the casting process for Scott and Charlene's son Daniel?
    "Very much involved! I was involved in two castings towards the end of last year - one was for the character of Daniel, and the other was for a female character who's also not on screen yet. They wanted the chemistry to be right with those characters, so I think it was very sensible for the producer and the casting director to call myself and a couple of the other cast members in to be involved in that process."

We know that Ashleigh Brewer (Kate) finished filming recently. Were you sad to see her go?
    "Definitely - we became very close. Kate became like a surrogate daughter to Paul even though she was his niece. Ashleigh is such a sweet girl, and I know actors always say this about other actors, but she was fantastic to work with. Ashleigh leaves a big hole in the green room, but we're still in contact and I was talking to her on Skype just the other day!"

Late last year it was announced that Jason Herbison is the new producer of Neighbours, so how does it feel to have a new boss?
    "Jason is fantastic and he's been involved with the show for a very long time. He was head storyliner for a few years, so in a way you couldn't get a better producer because he knows the show inside and out and has a great passion for it.

"Richard Jasek, who was the previous executive producer, was also really, really brilliant for the show. He had Neighbours at heart and liaised closely with Greg Barnett, who's the commissioning editor overseeing Neighbours at Channel 5. They'd contact each other across the world in the middle of the night to make sure that everything was working well. It's big shoes for Jason to fill, but he's doing it really well.

"We've also got Laurence Wilson working as associate producer now. He's basically taken over the producer's role and Jason has taken over the executive producer's role, even though different titles are being used now."

Are you sticking with Neighbours for the long haul?
    "I have to say that I still love the job. The actor in me is always screaming out to do something else, but I'm very fortunate as I am still able to do other things. I get to do a bit of stage here and there and also some short films with mates. It's very difficult for me to get out of the show for any length of time, but I've got a 'time out' clause in my contract and the producers understand that.

"The good thing about Neighbours' production company Fremantle now is that they're becoming so big in the drama side of things. It's got to the stage now where they're starting to use people from Neighbours in their other shows, which is great for us as actors.

"In the past, you'd have to leave the show to do something else, but now it's possible to go off and do something else while still remaining in the show. But to answer your question, at the moment I've got three children and a nice existence that I need to finance, so I'm quite happy staying where I am for the moment!"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

SoapsJSK (05-02-2014)

Neighbours' Paul Robinson will take centre stage in a shocking new storyline that will see him wrongly diagnosed with leukaemia.

Paul (Stefan Dennis) will be given the diagnosis from Erinsborough Hospital's new oncologist Nick (Damien Fotiou), who is also the brother of Terese Willis.

The story kicks off after Paul informs Nick that the planned location for a Research Centre is no longer feasible as the council received a more lucrative tender.

This comes as a huge blow to Nick who was hoping to get Paul's backing in his medical research project.

Although Nick is initially furious, he is given the idea to concoct a terrible scheme after separate conversations with an unsuspecting Terese and Karl.

While Terese attempts to calm her angry brother by warning him that Paul can't be trusted, Karl also inadvertently spurs Nick on.

Karl advises Nick that the only way to get Paul to agree to anything is to make it worth his while as there has to be something in it for him. Heeding his words, Nick spots a Blood Drive poster and immediately gets an idea.

Damien Fotiou as Nick Petrides in Neighbours
    © Channel 5
    Damien Fotiou as Nick Petrides

In shocking scenes, Nick will then doctor Paul's blood test results before later approaching Paul with some devastating 'news'.

Nick will claim that after screening the blood Paul donated at the drive, it appears Paul has leukaemia and will need urgent treatment.

Fans will have to tune in to see what the future holds for Paul as he faces a dark time ahead.

Fotiou recently teased a darker side to his character Nick, saying: "He is a very interesting character. His intentions are certainly noble, however all is not what it appears, and I love the way the story unfolds - there's a lot of surprises."

Neighbours will air these scenes in the week commencing March 30 on Channel 5.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (10-03-2015), TaintedLove (10-03-2015)

Wow!
    I knew Nick was going to be sinister, but I never realized the depth of his cruelty. Terese will be devastated too.

Neighbours bad boy Paul Robinson will try to find his daughter Amy Williams after receiving his false cancer diagnosis.

Scenes airing on Channel 5 later this week will see Paul wrongly diagnosed with leukaemia by scheming oncologist Nick Petrides, who is trying to trick him into supporting his new medical research project.

Nick (Damien Fotiou) embarks on the shocking scheme against Erinsborough's Mayor as he knows that Paul only ever agrees to things if there is a benefit for himself.

The villain's plan has the desired effect as Paul does start supporting his endeavours, but Nick later becomes frustrated when a decision on his new research centre is delayed.

In order to force Paul's hand to push the approval through at council level, Nick lies that his condition is worsening and he may not have long left.

Spooked by Nick's worrying words, a devastated Paul starts to put his affairs in order and invites his former rival Karl Kennedy to take over as Mayor of Erinsborough should the worst happen.

Paul also instructs Naomi Canning to start looking for his daughter Amy so he has a final chance to get to know her, but whether she can be tracked down remains to be seen.

Long-term Neighbours fans will remember that Amy previously appeared as a child character in 1988 and 1992. Paul fathered Amy with a woman named Nina Williams when they were colleagues.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (30-03-2015), TaintedLove (30-03-2015)

Wow I remember Amy. Paul was married to Gail at the time. Some good continuity there.
    See there Home & Away....that`s how it`s done to win in the ratings!!!
    Sorry to knock H&A as I watch that too. But I watch more out of habit than enjoyment these days.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

lellygurl (07-04-2015)

Thread Information