Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson, 'Neighbours')

Stefan Dennis is set a role in Coronation Street, if the famous Australian actor gets his way.

The Neighbours star - who is known for playing bad boy Paul Robinson in the Australian soap - is open to the idea of ditching life Down Under and heading across to the UK if bosses of the ITV programme were to offer him a part.

Speaking to BANG Showbiz, he said: "If my manager told me there was a role in the UK, I'd say, 'I'm ready, I'm here. Hey Coronation Street, I'll do that.' "

But the 57-year-old actor has admitted he'd prefer a part that is completely different to his nasty alter-ego in Neighbours.

He explained: "I don't particularly want to play a nice character but if it was an on-going show I would want to play something that is vastly different to Paul.

"But I always say to my agent, 'Put me up for something but please don't put me up for another Paul Robinson character, make sure it's something wildly different.' I always maintain that the day I get cast as a crippled 80-year- old woman in a wheelchair is the day that I've made it."

And, although he's spent most of his life in Australia, Stefan - who came across to the UK during his 11-year hiatus from Neighbours - believes he'll have no trouble picking up the Northern accent if he were to score a gig in 'Corrie'.

He added: "My dad was English and we were always brought up to speak quite well. With acting, as well, you learn to speak properly in acting as well. Sometimes when I get bit lazy and a bit tired I get a bit more Australian I think. But I'm an actor so I can turn on any accent, a common one or the American accent or dialect so you adapt to anything."

Mirror.co.uk

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-06-2016), Dazzle (10-06-2016), lizann (11-06-2016), MellBee (05-11-2018), Pantherboy (11-06-2016), tammyy2j (12-06-2016), tuckec01 (11-06-2016), Vikki (11-06-2016)

i could see him as a baldwin on corrie

Stefan Dennis is too good for Corrie!

Neighbours welcomes back Scott and Charlene's daughter Madison Robinson next week as her uncle Paul launches another dastardly plan.
    Paul is currently in prison after being wrongly blamed for causing the Lassiters explosion, but the good news is that he'll be released once the true culprit is finally exposed in dramatic scenes.
    Once Paul is a free man again, he doesn't waste much time before returning to his old tricks as he becomes determined to get his life back on track.
    First on Paul's agenda is to secure his share of the motel back, promising to pay Steph Scully $50,000 if she gives it back to him.
    Next on Paul's to-do list is organising a tell-all interview with a trainee reporter from the West Waratah Star.
    While it may seem like Paul wants to restore his reputation with the newspaper chat, it soon becomes clear that he has a hidden agenda when he gets hold of the journalist's login details for work.
    After hacking into the Star's online database, Paul changes the story into a highly defamatory piece about him and then negotiates with the editor to secure a cheque for $50,000 compensation.
    With the journalist also fired thanks to Paul's sabotage, the schemer manages to get Madison brought into the paper as a replacement and she is overjoyed to have the opportunity. Will Madison be a success in her new role?

Digital Spy

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-06-2016), Pantherboy (13-06-2016), tammyy2j (16-06-2016), tuckec01 (13-06-2016), Vikki (13-06-2016)

Digital Spy article:

Alan Dale who played Paul Robinson's dad, Jim, has made a visit back to the Neighbours set, 25 years after Jim Robinson died.

Alan Dale returns to the Neighbours set 25 years after Jim Robinson's death.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...stefan-dennis/

Hollywood is full of ex-Neighbours stars who have gone international, including Kylie Minogue, Guy Pearce, Margot Robbie and of course Alan Dale.

Alan played Jim Robinson from 1985 to 1993 but didn't leave the show on the best terms, and hasn't been shy about making his opinion known in the years since.

But he seems to have put all that behind him with a visit to the set and a selfie with his former on-screen son.

Stefan Dennis played Paul Robinson during Alan's run, and while he left around the same time in the early '90s, Paul returned almost 15 years ago and is still going strong.

https://twitter.com/dendale/status/9...efan-dennis%2F

"Father and son back together st the pub. Same same but slightly older... the pub's held up pretty well don't you think? #Neighbours # Dynasty," Stefan said.

And Alan posted the same snap on his own Twitter feed with a similar caption: "Back on set at 'Neighbours' with Stef after 25 years away.#Neighbours, #Dynasty."

He'd previously shared a picture of the two of them plus Stefan's wife Gail at a Victoria winery.

https://twitter.com/RealAlanDale/sta...efan-dennis%2F

It's a bit of a surprise to see Alan on that Erinsborough set, given how vocal he's been about the show since he fell out with a producer way back when.

"It was sweet and the people I worked with were sweet, most of them," Alan said in 2008 of his time on Neighbours.

"But the producers were greedy and nasty. There are many examples of the things these people did and, as far as I know, are still doing.

https://youtu.be/2yATh1D-3u8

"When you live in a country where there is not much else to do as an actor, there isn't much choice but to put up with it. But I used to fight them all the time, which is one of the reasons we parted company."

And even a couple of years ago Alan still hadn't quite let it go despite all his success in the years since, saying: "I'm happy to be out of it - look at my career."

Even if his visit does suggest he's beginning to let things slide, it'll be tricky for Jim Robinson to return, as the character died of a heart attack.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (29-04-2018)

Digitalspy article:

Neighbours reveals a surprising new love interest for Paul Robinson
    Does this provide new hope for Leo and Terese?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...davies-smythe/

Neighbours fans will see Paul Robinson strike up a surprising romantic connection with Karl Kennedy's long-lost sister next week.

The Aussie soap is about to introduce Magda Szubanski in the role of Jemima Davies-Smythe, the eccentric celebrant who marries David Tanaka and Aaron Brennan this week.

Jemima is also the half-sibling of Karl and starts getting to know him over the next few days, despite previously rejecting him when he tried to make contact.

When Jemima starts acting in a highly suspicious manner – including constantly freeloading from Karl – Susan fears the worst and is determined to find out what she's really up to.

Sadly for Susan, she gets nowhere with her detective work and it's Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) who gets in there first by discovering Jemima's mysterious secret.

The following day, Susan is stunned to hear that Jemima has arranged a lunch date with Paul and worries that she's now planning to milk him for his money too.

Jemima is outraged to hear Susan badmouthing her to Paul and reports straight back to Karl, who warns his wife to back off and give his sister a chance.

Meanwhile, Paul's son Leo Tanaka is delighted when he hears that Paul's lunch with Jemima is a proper date.

Leo approaches Terese Willis and points out that the main obstacle standing in the way of their relationship might no longer be an issue, if Paul is moving on.

Leo reckons there's nothing stopping them from being together, but how will Terese respond?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, September 11 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (03-09-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours bad boy Paul Robinson to use Chloe Brennan as a weapon in the battle for Lassiters
    Will Terese and Pierce be outsmarted?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...assiters-plan/

Neighbours schemer Paul Robinson is forced to use ruthless tactics to stay in control at Lassiters next week.

Paul's future at the business comes under serious threat when Terese Willis teams up with Pierce Greyson with a sneaky plan to oust him.

Early next week, Terese and Pierce approach Paul (Stefan Dennis) with an offer to buy him out of the hotel.

Knowing that he won't agree willingly, the duo put pressure on Paul by threatening to scare off his Robinson Pines investors if he doesn't agree.

An unimpressed Paul doesn't take Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) and Pierce (Tim Robards) too seriously at first, but when a vital investor later pulls out, he realises that he might have to give into their demands after all.

As Paul mulls over a possible sale, he's thrown a possible lifeline when he stumbles across a clue to Pierce's recent relationship arrangement with Chloe Brennan (April Rose Pengilly).

The trouble starts when Yashvi Rebecchi finds out about the agreement that Chloe has with Pierce. This forces Chloe to give the interfering teenager one of the expensive rings that Pierce gifted her with, buying her silence.

Yashvi isn't sure what to do with the ring, but eventually settles on the idea of selling it to Paul – knowing that he's unlikely to ask too many questions about where it came from.

Recognising the piece of jewellery as Chloe's ring, Paul agrees to take it off Yashvi's hands in exchange for a full explanation.

Once Paul knows that Chloe received the ring from Pierce, he hopes that his luck is starting to change – recognising this as the clue to something he can use as leverage.

As Paul pieces together what's really going on between Pierce and Chloe, he figures out a way to keep his hotel after all. Are Pierce and Terese in for a nasty shock?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, November 16 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (05-11-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Paul Robinson makes a major decision over his family's future
    Will Jane's arrival spark a positive change?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...mily-decision/

Neighbours bad boy Paul Robinson will finally make peace with his family after weeks of tension.

Paul (Stefan Dennis) has been making his loved ones' lives a misery recently, unable to accept his daughter Amy's relationship with Gary Canning and his son Leo's romance with Terese Willis.

As we've recently revealed, Paul's family even hatch a plan to bring Jane Harris (Annie Jones) back to Erinsborough, hoping to distract him from his vengeful behaviour for a while.

The plan works when a tentative relationship begins between Paul and Jane, but Terese can't help feeling guilty for using Jane like this.

Terese eventually confesses to Jane that she was never really invited back to Erinsborough 'on business' – they just wanted to curb Paul's vindictive behaviour.

Upset by what she's hearing, Jane vows to leave Erinsborough rather than continue to be a pawn in their games.

When Paul discovers that Jane is ready to pack her bags, he begs her to stay but struggles to win her round.

In the end, Jane agrees to stay on the condition that Paul builds bridges with his kids and she even organises a family meeting to set the ball rolling.

After everyone is honest about their feelings and Paul reluctantly gives his blessing to his children's relationships, the extended Robinson family commit to moving forward. Has peace finally broken out?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, December 3 and Tuesday, December 4 at 12.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (26-11-2018)

Nowtolove.com.au article (from TV Week). Not a spoiler, but a bit of fun for those who remember Guy Pearce as character Mike Young back in the 1980's (watch the video of Stefan Dennis' reply):

Neighbours' Guy Pearce and Stefan Dennis in hilarious Twitter 'feud'
    You can take the boy out of Ramsay Street…

He starred as the swoon-worthy Mike Young on Neighbours for just four years back in the 1980s, but it seems Guy Pearce never really left Ramsay Street...………….

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...ter-feud-52758

and the Digital Spy article:

Former Neighbours star Guy Pearce is challenged to return and fight for Jane Harris
    "How come my mullet's just started to grow back again?"

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...t-jane-harris/

Digital Spy article with Paul Robinson featuring in Neighbours Christmas trailer video:

Neighbours teases dark Paul Robinson killer twist in its Christmas trailer
    While Bea Nilsson faces drama of her own.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...r-bea-nilsson/

Now that Neighbours has become a full-time soap, that means we're finally getting a Christmas Day episode.

And it looks like the Australians are taking a page out of the EastEnders book of grim and gritty festive specials, if this trailer is anything to go by.

In the promo clip, we see Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) desperately digging up a dead body. Has he killed someone? He's not entirely sure himself, and needs to know the truth.

As if he hasn't got enough on his plate, he then turns around at the end of the trailer and exclaims "Dad?". Did he not read our article about Alan Dale's Jim Robinson coming back? Shame on you, Paul.

The whole thing is soundtracked by Bea Nilsson (Bonnie Anderson) singing the oh so festive 'O Holy Night'. Bea is going to face drama of her own this Christmas, as she and her mother Liz Conway (Debra Lawrance) share strong words over the latter's lack of faith in her daughter. Where's all this going to lead, we wonder?

Beyond that, there's also the death of a fan favourite, a possible wedding, a cheating/pregnancy scandal, a poison plotline and the show's 8,000th episode all coming up in next few weeks and months. Blimey. Merry Christmas, indeed.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 12.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (08-12-2018), MellBee (05-12-2018)

Thread Information