Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson, 'Neighbours')

Does Paul leave or doesn't he come back?

From looking at the future spoilers I think he does return

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
    Oh Paul, I feel so sorry for him and angry that the real culprit is getting away with it
    Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work itself out eventually.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (28-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work itself out eventually.
    Hopefully

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vikki For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-05-2016)

SPOILERS from soaplife (there were loads but these are the main ones)

❗️Paul goes on the run before being put on trial, where some new information comes to light

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-05-2016), Vikki (18-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    SPOILERS from soaplife (there were loads but these are the main ones)

❗️Paul goes on the run before being put on trial, where some new information comes to light
    I wonder what the new information will be, hopefully the truth

In Daily Star Sunday last week:

Paul Robinson agrees to plead guilty to causing the blast that claimed the lives of Josh Willis and his granddad Doug.

In a dramatic twist, Toadie Rebecchi persuades him to admit to the crime after taking on his case.

When they get to court everyone gets a shock - especially Toadie - when Paul goes back on his word and denies all the charges.

A source said: 'When Paul sees Terese Willis looking at him, he simply can't say he killed her son, so he pleads not guilty. It throws the court into disarray'.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gmay12 For This Useful Post:

Vikki (19-05-2016)

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis has dropped some huge clues about what is coming up for his character Paul Robinson, confirming that he will cross paths with Sheila's son Gary in prison.

It has already been confirmed that wayward Gary will be returning to the show, and his comeback is set to involve Paul - who will be sent to prison after being found guilty of causing the Lassiters explosion.

Although Paul has been desperately trying to prove his innocence, his world will fall apart in court when he is found guilty of the crime.

"He is found guilty and he goes to prison," Dennis told All About Soap. "It's a fairly harrowing moment for Paul, and I pulled out all the emotional stops for those scenes.

"You've got to remember that Paul has been in jail before, and there is no way he wants to go back there because he remembers how horrible it is. More importantly, he really doesn't want to be locked up for a crime he didn't commit.

"Jail is almost as bad for Paul as it would be for a cop: there are a lot of people inside who've got beef with him, and none of them have forgotten it."

It looks like Paul is facing a very bleak future but he will be given a lifeline when he befriends Gary - who is also serving time in the same prison.

"He meets Gary Canning, Sheila's son, and how that comes about is a bit of a surprise," Dennis added.

"I won't give too much away, but Gary almost becomes Paul's saviour in prison. He knows the ropes, so Paul looks to Gary for protection. Is he genuinely going to help Paul? You'll have to wait and see."

Digital Spy

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-06-2016), Pantherboy (01-06-2016), Vikki (01-06-2016)

The first part of the Q and A with Stefan and Rebekah in now on YouTube very funny

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis on Paul's prison drama - and which classic characters he'd bring back

We speak to the Ramsay Street stalwart about his career on the Australian soap

So, Paul Robinson is behind bars - falsely convicted of a crime he didn't commit. Yes, Erinsborough's most unscrupulous resident is now been given a 14-year sentence despite being - for a change - wholly innocent. But what will life in prison be like? Here's actor Stefan Dennis discussing the drama ahead and revealing why he still gets a kick out of playing Paul...

So, how is Paul going to cope with jail?
    He doesn’t have a pleasant time at all. Paul becomes a marked man and is told to cough up some dollars if he wants protection. He meets up with Gary Canning who, you have to remember, is in prison because of Paul. So that’s kind of a strange alliance. But Gary’s able to protect Paul, or so he thinks.

Coming up, you’ll see Paul get terribly badly beaten and Terese ends up visiting him in hospital. But he tells her that he cannot forgive her for what she did – and so we witness the end of the relationship between Terese and Paul. Or so we’re led to believe…

Are we going to be surprised when we find out who is actually responsible for the hotel explosion?
    It was certainly a surprise for me. It came a bit out of the blue – I didn’t expect it to be this person. There have been some great guesses from the fans: somebody thought that Robert Robinson had escaped and was responsible! But I’m not going to tell you who did it.

What reaction do you get from the fans these days?
    Everything’s died down a little bit now. Neighbours has been going on so long - we’ve just clocked over 31 years. So people are more relaxed now. It’s not like the hysteria of the 1980s.

I can walk down the street, but people will still want a selfie or an autograph. It’s more usual for them to ask for a photograph these days because everyone has a camera in their hands. Which is good because it takes less time!

What advice would you give to the young Stefan Dennis who was just starting out on Neighbours in 1985?
    I would still say to enjoy it as much as I did, but to treat it more like a business. I wouldn’t have been such a larrikin and have pissed things up against a wall so much, particularly with my music career.

Do you regret the singing?
    No, I don’t have regrets. I’ve come through all that and I’ve got a beautiful family and a lovely existence in Melbourne and I’m still doing a job that I love. How can you have regrets when you had a great time doing a show that’s still successful? I couldn’t possibly regret that.

When is Neighbours at its best – when it’s doing the big stunts or concentrating on family drama?
    When there’s a big explosive storyline, there’s lots of work to be done. And I don’t like having to get up too early! But, seriously, I enjoy it. The beauty of working on an ongoing serial is that you get unexpected stuff thrown at you all the time.

And it makes me laugh when fellow thespians, who don’t think I’ve got a real acting job, say that I must be bored playing the same character. And I reply that, no, I’m not. I’ve had the privilege of being able to evolve Paul as a character and do something different every single day.

Stage work is incredible, but you are playing the same part night after night. Here on Neighbours, it’s a very fast-moving environment. We get nil time to prepare, so we have to work really hard as actors. So anyone who says that we’re not real actors needs to pull their head in or get a job on a soap to see how difficult it is.

So you think that there’s a snobbery towards actors on soaps?
    Well, the funny thing is that I get the last laugh. When I was younger and starting out at Neighbours, a well-known actor who shall remain nameless, said to me, “one day, you’ll get a real acting job rather than playing around on a soap”. The irony is that this actor would now crawl over broken glass to get a gig on Neighbours.

Do you feel like the show’s elder statesman?
    No! I’m still young 'Steffy' in the corridors at work. Well, not so young anymore. But, really, I’m just one of the gang. None of us who have been there for a long time – Alan Fletcher, Jackie Woodburne and Ryan Moloney – think of ourselves in that way. We just go to work and have a great time with our colleagues.

Did you feel that it was a shame that Daniel had to leave in order to give Imogen a happy ending?
    Well, I loved working with Tim Phillipps – we built up a really good relationship. But hopefully there is a chance that he could come back to the show…

Are there any other characters that you’d like to bring back?
    I’d like to see Elle Robinson return, with Pippa Black reprising the role. It was a really wonderful relationship between Paul and his daughter. It would be good to have Izzy come back – Natalie [Bassingthwaighte] and I used to have outrageous fun working together. And I’d love to see Joe Mangel make a reappearance. He was great.

Do you like it when Neighbours gets nostalgic?
    I love it. It was me that campaigned to get Des Clarke back for the 30th anniversary. That was a really good moment for Paul Keane and I – he’d been through the wringer and the two of us hadn’t seen each other for 20 years. And it’s always lovely having Melissa Bell back as Lucy. She’s become a returning character and she’ll be back soon, actually. Lucy is, of course, now the CEO of Lassiter’s Worldwide, so Paul’s little sister has done very well for herself.

And are there any more stunts coming up?
    Yes, we filmed the hotel explosion before Christmas, so that storyline has now been well and truly put to bed. We’re about start filming an extremely big story that will be quite shocking, but in a different way to that previous stunt. And it’ll be a high stakes situation for one very well-loved character...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...hed-bring-back

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (09-06-2016), Perdita (10-06-2016), Vikki (09-06-2016)

Thread Information