Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson, 'Neighbours')

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I know, but they could still believe him when he's so insistent it's not him. At least think "Innocent until proven guilty".
    You are right about the "Innocent until proven guilty".

Unfortunately with Paul's past it's very difficult to believe in his innocence when he has done so many bad things. And as Daniel said about Paul that he has the 2 sides to him. Daniel said that he believes that Paul didn't mean to hurt anyone.

But you can admit that it was strange coincidence when just before the explosion Paul asked Terese and Daniel to leave Lassiteres and go to Robinson's. If we (the viewers) didn't know that Paul hasn't caused the explosion then it would be difficult for us to think he is innocent.

Another coincidence was with his briefcase, when he asked Steph not to let anyone to enter the Robinson's without a warrant and then Steph finds the boilers blueprints in it.
    Last edited by eni294; 29-04-2016 at 22:39.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-04-2016), Pantherboy (29-04-2016)

Paul's proven himself to be a scumbag who'll go to any lengths to get what he wants many times. It'd be almost impossible to believe someone like that innocent, especially when there's lots of circumstantial evidence against them. Plus he interfered with the case by deleting the CCTV that showed him at Lassiters.

It's a similar scenario to Aesop's Fable "The boy who cried wolf" in that the one time Paul is telling the truth nobody believes him because they've been burnt too many times by him.

The most unrealistic part of the storyline as far as I'm concerned is Steph's belief in his innocence.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 29-04-2016 at 22:42.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

badirene (17-05-2016), Pantherboy (29-04-2016), Perdita (30-04-2016)

I understand, but still thought some of his family would stand by him. For one I'd say Daniel, but he acted out of character before he left anyway. Obviously because he was asked to leave.

I understand, but still thought some of his family would stand by him. For one I'd say Daniel, but he acted out of character before he left anyway. Obviously because he was asked to leave.
    Do you remember that it was Daniel who 'helped' Paul to lose his business in the first place. If I remember well Paul disowned Daniel after that.

Therefore I cannot say that Daniel acted out of character this time. He knows that Paul has got 2 sides.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by eni294 View Post
    Do you remember that it was Daniel who 'helped' Paul to lose his business in the first place. If I remember well Paul disowned Daniel after that.

Therefore I cannot say that Daniel acted out of character this time. He knows that Paul has got 2 sides.
    Yes I remember. Daniel has acted out of character for a while. Probably since he banged his head!

Yes I remember. Daniel has acted out of character for a while. Probably since he banged his head!
    It is the paradox...as it seems Paul liked the change in Daniel. He liked Daniel turning to the darker side. But it means that Daniel doesn't believe in Paul's innocence after the change in his character. Does Paul still enjoy the change in Daniel???

Below I found a spolier posted here in December last year:

Neighbours ​fans are currently seeing a darker side to Daniel Robinson, and Stefan Dennis has revealed that his character Paul is proud of the change in his nephew.

Laid-back, easy-going Daniel was brought into the show last year as the polar opposite to his uncle Paul, but recent scenes have seen him become increasingly ruthless.

Daniel's determination to be a successful businessman has already put a strain on his relationship with Imogen Willis, but he will also have an almighty altercation with Paul in episodes airing in the UK next week.

Dennis told Digital Spy: "In one sense, Paul is really, really proud of him because that is what he set out to do with Daniel in the first place.*"Paul takes these young chaps and turns them into business proteges. He did it with Dylan in a much more Machiavellian way.*

"He turned Dylan [Timmins] well and truly to the dark side, whereas he has tried to prevent doing that to the same extent with Daniel.*"I think the fact that Daniel has actually started to achieve things on that career path makes Paul pleased, but on the other hand, he hasn't got control. He hasn't got control of Daniel and he is such a free-spirit anyway. Paul can't handle it and that is why they end up going to loggerheads."

Dennis went on to add that Paul's secret plans for Daniel have been in place since he first arrived in Ramsay Street last year.He continued: "I don't know if you remember a scene when Daniel first came into the show where there was a split screen phone call. They compared the two conversations and that is when you first saw what Paul wanted to do with him.

"While Daniel and Paul's relationship is set for some huge hurdles, Dennis admitted that he is enjoying working with Tim Phillipps as they explore the changes in his character.

He said: "We have great fun doing scenes and there is more to play now. It wasn't that Daniel was airy-fairy at any stage, but he was a bit light. Now there is more depth in the scenes between the two of us."

Question

Who does think that Paul caused/is involved/is responible for the explosion?

If you think Paul is fully/partially responsible for the explosion please use the 'thanks' option to give your vote!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

senior (11-05-2016)

Does Paul leave?

On the run
    Paul is on a downward spiral as people see him as a killer - and then he’s hit by a car. The only answer is to get out of town.

Hopeless and heartbroken, Paul Robinson is at his lowest. His family and friends are convinced he is a killer and now the woman he loves has done the unthinkable to ensure he pays for what she believes he has done. Faced with jail time and the hatred of his community, Paul will turn to desperate measures in emotionally charged upcoming episodes of Neighbours.

While Piper’s (Mavournee Hazel) vlog interview with Paul (Stefan Dennis) has convinced Piper that Paul is innocent of causing the Lassiters explosion, it has infuriated her mother Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou).

Still consumed by grief over Josh’s (Harley Bonner) death in the blast, Terese thinks Paul is manipulating Piper for selfish reasons. So Terese makes a persuasive deal with Cecilia to make a false statement to police. Later Paul is once again hauled into the police station as the case against him grows.

Meanwhile, Aaron (Matt Wilson) is continuing his efforts to change the public perception of Paul by getting him to volunteer with the SES. The campaign doesn’t go down well with Nate (Meyne Wyatt) who thinks Aaron is being exploitative and he tells Paul to leave. Paul fires Aaron so that he can save his relationship with Nate but as he heads off Nate accidentally reverses his car into Paul.

An injured Paul, who thinks he deserved to be struck by the vehicle, is now at his lowest and tells Amy (Zoe Cramond) she’s better off without him, overheard by Terese who is growing increasingly guilty over her actions. After leaving hospital Paul finally hits breaking point when he sees Terese in an emotionally close moment with Walter (Greg Stone).

Knowing how down Paul has become, Amy tries to help, first by visiting him to show that she still cares and later by getting Toadie to investigate Paul’s case. Toadie only has bad news for Paul. Seeing nothing but a bleak future in prison with little love from the people he cares about, Paul does a runner. Is this the last we’ll see of Ramsay Street’s most controversial character?

Source: TV Soap 16th May 2016

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gmay12 For This Useful Post:

SoapsJSK (17-05-2016), tuckec01 (17-05-2016), Vikki (17-05-2016)

Oh Paul, I feel so sorry for him and angry that the real culprit is getting away with it

Thread Information