Thread: Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson, 'Neighbours')

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Digital Spy article:

Neighbours casts Stefan Dennis's son Declan in new guest role
    Declan will be playing Louis Curtain.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...an-guest-role/

Neighbours has announced that Stefan Dennis's son Declan will be joining the show in a guest role.

Declan will be playing a character named Louis Curtain, who has been described as a "bit of a bad guy".

"I'm obviously very proud that Declan has chosen to, not so much follow in my footsteps but to make his mark in the world of showbiz," Stefan said.

"Contrary to what people may think, he did this on his own – apart from the dad taxi bit! So yes, [I'm] very proud and happy to pass on some wisdom from my years in the biz."

Declan shared that he got some advice from his father – who plays Paul Robinson – ahead of filming.

"Dad didn't so much help me just play 'the bad guy'," he explained. "It was more about helping me develop the character as a whole. But it is fun being a bit of a chip off the old block.

"I do like the idea of following [acting] as a career, but I also understand the pitfalls of the unsureness of this industry. Therefore, I understand why my parents have suggested I have a second string to my bow!"

Stefan also confirmed that they won't be sharing any scenes together, as Louis and Paul don't cross paths.

"Our characters' storylines actually don't cross over, so we don't even see each other whilst at the studios because of the new system in place there to make it safe for everyone," Stefan said, mentioning the new social distancing rules being enforced on set.

No actors are allowed to be in the same studio unless they are there to film, and everybody must maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from each other.

Elsewhere, Jemma Donovan has addressed fans' hopes of seeing her father Jason Donovan return to Ramsay Street, explaining that she has mixed feelings about the idea.

"It would be fun being on the same set with him, but also quite scary... It would be weird working with my dad!" she said.

Neighbours currently airs Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (07-05-2020)

Thread Information