Thread: Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson, 'Neighbours')

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stefan Dennis is set a role in Coronation Street, if the famous Australian actor gets his way.

The Neighbours star - who is known for playing bad boy Paul Robinson in the Australian soap - is open to the idea of ditching life Down Under and heading across to the UK if bosses of the ITV programme were to offer him a part.

Speaking to BANG Showbiz, he said: "If my manager told me there was a role in the UK, I'd say, 'I'm ready, I'm here. Hey Coronation Street, I'll do that.' "

But the 57-year-old actor has admitted he'd prefer a part that is completely different to his nasty alter-ego in Neighbours.

He explained: "I don't particularly want to play a nice character but if it was an on-going show I would want to play something that is vastly different to Paul.

"But I always say to my agent, 'Put me up for something but please don't put me up for another Paul Robinson character, make sure it's something wildly different.' I always maintain that the day I get cast as a crippled 80-year- old woman in a wheelchair is the day that I've made it."

And, although he's spent most of his life in Australia, Stefan - who came across to the UK during his 11-year hiatus from Neighbours - believes he'll have no trouble picking up the Northern accent if he were to score a gig in 'Corrie'.

He added: "My dad was English and we were always brought up to speak quite well. With acting, as well, you learn to speak properly in acting as well. Sometimes when I get bit lazy and a bit tired I get a bit more Australian I think. But I'm an actor so I can turn on any accent, a common one or the American accent or dialect so you adapt to anything."

Mirror.co.uk

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-06-2016), Dazzle (10-06-2016), lizann (11-06-2016), MellBee (05-11-2018), Pantherboy (11-06-2016), tammyy2j (12-06-2016), tuckec01 (11-06-2016), Vikki (11-06-2016)

Thread Information