Thread: 'Neighbours' star quits for music career

'Neighbours' star quits for music career

Neighbours actor Dean Geyer is leaving the soap to pursue a music career.

Geyer, who plays Ty Harper, is quitting after one year on the Australian show.

The ex-Australian Idol contestant admitted that his Christian morals have occasionally clashed with his character on the programme.

"In some instances my personal beliefs maybe were contradicting with what the character was doing," he told the Herald Sun.

"I am not saying I was forced to do anything, but looking at the character I don't necessarily agree with everything he did.

"I was fairly happy with how Ty turned out, I really enjoyed playing Ty, but I needed a lifestyle change."

He also claimed that his split from popstar Lisa Origliasso was made more difficult by working on the soap.

"Being on TV every day does not help that much when you have to deal with that stuff," he said.

"It has been a really weird year for me. It has been really up in some areas and really down in others."

Noooo

I could really see this coming I mean with his character and the story lines he has at the moment

Thread Information