Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Maria Connor Sutherland (Samia Smith)

Coronation Street is lining up a big new plot for Maria Connor, which will see her break off her engagement to Luke Britton after a one-night stand with Aidan.

Luke proposed to Maria earlier this year, but their romance is set to come crashing down when she gives in to temptation with Aidan - who is currently in a relationship with Eva Price.

The scandalous new plot was confirmed at a Coronation Street press event today (July 22), in which new producer Kate Oates has been discussing her plans for the first time.

Eva can no longer hold her tongue
    © ITV
    Speaking about the plot that will take hold in August, Oates said: "Aidan regrets it but Maria doesn't so much. She decides that if things were different, Aidan would be someone she was interested in, which is slightly inconvenient for poor Luke, who I think is the most tolerant man in Weatherfield.

"So Maria does the decent thing and ends it with him but this terrifies poor Aidan who is worried she might now come after him. He worries that he has slept with a crazy lady. Maria finds that mildly insulting, so what we see is a wedge there between her and Aidan.

"Eva is blissfully unaware but what we are going to see is her and Aidan's relationship go from something that was very passionate to him completely removing himself from her."

Caz Hammond causes tension between Luke Britton and Maria Connor in Coronation Street
    © ITV

Oates also teased that Caz Hammond could cause problems for Maria as the long-running storyline develops.

"There is a dilemma in Maria's life and that comes in the form of Caz," Oates said. "She is complicated and she brings those complications to Maria's life.

"For me, that story is about testing Maria and putting her at jeopardy, but it is actually a chapter in this long-running storyline we are going to see between Aidan, Maria and Eva.

"They are the people she will turn to because Eva is a great friend and Aidan is a great support, but it means that Maria has broken that very important rule about sleeping with your friend's boyfriend.

Samia Ghadie, who plays Maria, has previously hinted at an exciting new story for her character, but further details have been kept under wraps until now.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (23-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Indeed, Perdy!

If this is an example of Kate Oakes "new" style. We could be in for a rough time!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (23-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Indeed, Perdy!

If this is an example of Kate Oakes "new" style. We could be in for a rough time!!!
    No doubt in my mind

I am just so disappointed that all soaps seem to make their characters have one-night stands, ending in pregnancies as none of the females of child bearing age ever take contraception or couples don´t practice safe sex, apart from Jacob and Gabbi in Emmerdale recently, but that was probably a guest scriptwriter who does not know how to write for soaps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (23-07-2016)

Aidan would be better with Alya and Maria better back with her parents in Cyprus

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (24-07-2016)

Samia said in her latest OK mag column that this week she is filming the saddest scenes she has in all her time there as they say goodbye to a cast member, any ideas?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-08-2016), Splashy (10-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Samia said in her latest OK mag column that this week she is filming the saddest scenes she has in all her time there as they say goodbye to a cast member, any ideas?
    Intriguing! It sounds like it could be someone Samia works closely with. Isn't there supposed to be a "legend" being killed off as part of the stunt that's happening in the autumn (which involves David)? I seriously doubt they would kill him off even if Jack was leaving though. How about Audrey?

Samia Ghadie has revealed that her upcoming storyline with Shayne Ward will have far-reaching consequences - and will be closely followed by something extremely emotional.

In scenes airing next week, close pals Maria (Ghadie) and Aidan (Ward) play with fire by cheating on their current partners Luke Britton (Dean Fagan) and Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley), sparking a storyline that's been tipped to run for several months.

And in a blog post for OK!, the Coronation Street star has revealed that the storyline is just the prelude to some extremely sad storylines, noting that one character will be making an emotional exit from the street when all's said and done - and Samie's already tearing up over it.

"It's been great fun filming, but this week I've been recording some of THE saddest scenes I've ever done in my 17 years at Corrie," Samia explained in the post.

"When I first read the scripts I was in tears so getting to film them has just sent me off.

"You may need your tissues when they air. And we say a sad goodbye to a well loved member of the cast."

Spoilers about Maria and Aidan's upcoming storyline were revealed last week, which included the revelation that the newly-engaged Maria will call time on her relationship with Luke after hooking up with Aidan.

"Basically, Maria and Aidan make a pretty big mistake by sleeping together after they've both had a few drinks in her flat," she said.

"As you know, they both have partners and as they are family (by marriage!), things are going to get pretty awkward afterwards. Maria calls things off with Luke and from then on, her life is thrown up into the air.

"What happens next is quite unexpected and it's safe to say things are changing big time for unlucky Maria."

It's not yet known which cast member is going to leave but if Samie is crying about it, it's bound to be a biggie.

Digital Spy

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-08-2016), Glen1 (07-08-2016), Splashy (10-08-2016)

Could it be Michael ? Les Dennis is leaving ...

caz will more likely be leaving does luke too, michael dying as his exit would not affect maria would it?

I hope its not Audrey! Maria s character being involved could only mean her

Thread Information