Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Phil and Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    EastEnders bosses have reportedly planned Phil Mitchell and Shirley Carter's marriage to coincide with the royal wedding.

The pair, played by Steve McFadden and Linda Henry respectively, will tie the knot on April 29 - the same day that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey.

A source told The Mirror: "The royal wedding is the biggest event of this year and, for soap fans, Phil Mitchell is pretty close to royalty having been a favourite since he arrived in 1990. The show's bosses thought a wedding storyline would be perfect to coincide with William and Kate."

Phil is due to propose to Shirley on Monday after being rushed to hospital following a heart attack.

However, the weeks leading up to the ceremony will apparently be "riddled with drama" as Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) threatens to reveal her affair with Phil.

DS
    So the affair dont come out soon - shame

THESE are the pictures that will spark an EastEnders marriage mystery.

Millions of soap fans will be wondering if hardman Phil Mitchell has actually married long-term girlfriend Shirley Carter. The smiling couple are showered with confetti as they leave the register office but neither is wearing a wedding ring.

Barmaid Shirley further fuels the riddle by wiping the word married from the rear window of the waiting Jaguar.

Phil and Shirleys wedding day will be screened in April.

A show source revealed: It seems strange Phil and Shirley did not exchange rings but they look very happy together, it is a riddle. Shirley blatantly wipes the word married from the back of the car so it only says just.

As with any Mitchell storyline, it is never straightforward.

Phil popped the question to Shirley played by Bad Girls actress Linda Henry, 48, after he nearly died of a heart attack in January. Phil, played by Steve McFadden, 51, has married three times since joining BBC1 soap in 1990. His first wedding was a fake to Romanian Nadia Borovac to get her a visa. He then married Kathy Beale but she fled to South Africa to avoid his drink problem. After having baby Louise, with Lisa Fowler, he then married undercover cop Kate Morton

In 2007, he was due to marry Stella Crawford until he realised she abused his son Ben. She died falling off a roof wearing her wedding dress.

(c) Sunday People
    Last edited by alan45; 13-02-2011 at 01:12.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-02-2011), Dutchgirl (06-03-2011), matt1378 (07-03-2011), tammyy2j (14-02-2011)

Phil and Shirley take centre stage in EastEnders in the coming days as their relationship reaches a crossroads.

After Glenda blurts out the truth about her affair with Phil in front of surprised punters at The Vic this Thursday, Shirley is left to wonder whether she should believe the schemer's allegations or her partner's protestations of innocence.

Phil tries to get Shirley back on side next Monday by presenting her with an expensive-looking engagement ring, but she remains suspicious and later tells Heather that his gesture hints at a guilty conscience.

Eventually, Shirley is left in no doubt of Phil's infidelity when she overhears him arguing with Glenda at the R&R, speaking openly about his betrayal. When she walks in on the guilty pair, Shirley is told by Phil that it's not what she suspects - but she refuses to listen to any more lies.

Instead, Shirley focuses on getting even with Glenda - furiously dragging her into the chip shop as the mischievous blonde prepares to leave Albert Square for good.

Who will come out on top in the showdown between Shirley and Glenda? And will Shirley still marry Phil?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-03-2011), JustJodi (03-03-2011), tammyy2j (02-03-2011)

EastEnders star Linda Henry has praised her character Shirley Carter's relationship with Phil Mitchell, describing the pair as a "strong" couple.

The duo's partnership is due to hit a big obstacle in the coming days when Shirley learns of Phil's (Steve McFadden) affair with Glenda (Glynis Barber), leaving fans to wonder whether she will still go ahead with her plans to marry him.

Offering her take on their romance, Henry told Inside Soap: "Phil and Shirley are definitely a perfect match - they work well together. Shirley really stood by Phil and pulled him back from the brink of his drug addiction, when he hit rock bottom. The fact that they could get past that means they have a strong relationship.

"I think it would need lots of effort to make it work and they'll never have the perfect relationship. But neither Phil nor Shirley are ones for the quiet life, so who knows what will happen?"

Asked whether Shirley would stay with Phil just to keep a roof over her head, the actress replied: "She's a strong, proud woman - and she wouldn't stay with someone for those reasons. Right now, though, Shirley's in shock - she needs time for the reality of what she's discovered to sink in."

Shirley discovers the truth about Phil and Glenda next Monday at 8pm on BBC One.

DS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (03-03-2011)

I am glad Shirley discovers the truth she deserves better than Phil

is the white suit her wedding outfit? i really like it for her!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    So the BEETROOT MAN doesnt die of a heart attack then
    I thought you might be asked to be best man for him

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought you might be asked to be best man for him
    I was asked but I will be doing something a lot more interesting

Watching Paint Dry

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-03-2011)

I think Shirley should marry him and then take him for all his worth take the club, pub and garage

But the thing is how many times has Phil been bankrupt and always bouned back. It wasn't all that long ago he was a jukie hooked on cocaine now it's as if his addiction never happened.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information