Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jo - Roxanne Pallett

Former Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett has revealed that she was left embarrassed after a bar's bouncer asked her for ID on her current Pringles tour.

The 26-year-old actress has been hosting promotional events across the UK after signing an endorsement deal with the snack brand.

Reflecting on a recent incident which occurred at a nightspot in Birmingham, Pallett told the Manchester Evening News: "It is the story of my life. I'm 27 this Christmas, yet we had to fight with the bouncer to convince him I was over 18. I didn't have any ID on me. Everyone was walking past me getting in and I was hosting the flipping event - my picture was up on the door.

"I didn't do the diva thing and say, 'Do you know who I am?' I'd never say that. But I was like, 'I can Google myself to show you my date of birth - it is on Wikipedia'. I got in eventually, but it was so embarrassing."

Pallett, who played domestic violence victim Jo Sugden on the ITV1 soap, added that the Pringles tour has been ill-fated from the start.

She said: "At each event I've had a stroke of bad luck. In Dublin, no-one turned up because it was a Monday night. And then here, in Manchester, I went to the wrong bar at first. There were a load of guys laughing at me thinking I had been stood up!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-id-shock.html

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I find this quite funny

ID? Come on she hardly looks that young!

Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett has opened up about her terrifying confrontation with a gang who threatened to have their dogs attack her.

The 29-year-old, who played Jo Sugden between 2005 and 2008, claimed that she was just seconds away from being set upon by a "ferocious" animal after three individuals taunted her role in the ITV soap on a train to Manchester.

"I thought I was going to get bitten, beaten up or stabbed," she told The Sun. "They went mental... I'm a tough person but I was shaking for an hour afterwards. They could have given someone a heart attack.

"I just thought, 'This is going to end bad'. They could have had knives - and they were off their heads on drugs and alcohol."

The Waterloo Road actress recalled that the gang started off by verbally abusing her and referencing her Emmerdale character's domestic abuse storyline, apparently saying: "If I was Andy Sugden I would have f**ked her up even more. Andy Sugden should have finished you off."

As they moved over to confront her, Pallett pushed past and headed to a more crowded carriage, at which point her attackers "went mental" and allegedly warned her: "You don't know what we're like, we're crazy!"

The gang fled when the train pulled into Shrewsbury station, but Pallett claimed that rail staff did nothing to console her or help rectify the incident.

"The driver came out and said, 'What the hell are you doing?' He didn't even ask me what was wrong," she claimed. "I wanted them sorted out because an hour later they could have been mugging an old lady. We should all report things like this. They were out for trouble.

"Why are staff allowing them on the train? If you brawled in a pub or club you'd be barred. There needs to be a massive improvement with security. It's come to something in society when you're scared to travel on the train."

British Transport Police took a statement from Pallett and a spokesperson yesterday said they were investigating her case.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Emmerdale star Roxanne Pallett has opened up about her terrifying confrontation with a gang who threatened to have their dogs attack her.

The 29-year-old, who played Jo Sugden between 2005 and 2008, claimed that she was just seconds away from being set upon by a \"ferocious\" animal after three individuals taunted her role in the ITV soap on a train to Manchester.

\"I thought I was going to get bitten, beaten up or stabbed,\" she told The Sun. \"They went mental... I'm a tough person but I was shaking for an hour afterwards. They could have given someone a heart attack.

\"I just thought, 'This is going to end bad'. They could have had knives - and they were off their heads on drugs and alcohol.\"

The Waterloo Road actress recalled that the gang started off by verbally abusing her and referencing her Emmerdale character's domestic abuse storyline, apparently saying: \"If I was Andy Sugden I would have f**ked her up even more. Andy Sugden should have finished you off.\"

As they moved over to confront her, Pallett pushed past and headed to a more crowded carriage, at which point her attackers \"went mental\" and allegedly warned her: \"You don't know what we're like, we're crazy!\"

The gang fled when the train pulled into Shrewsbury station, but Pallett claimed that rail staff did nothing to console her or help rectify the incident.

\"The driver came out and said, 'What the hell are you doing?' He didn't even ask me what was wrong,\" she claimed. \"I wanted them sorted out because an hour later they could have been mugging an old lady. We should all report things like this. They were out for trouble.

\"Why are staff allowing them on the train? If you brawled in a pub or club you'd be barred. There needs to be a massive improvement with security. It's come to something in society when you're scared to travel on the train.\"

British Transport Police took a statement from Pallett and a spokesperson yesterday said they were investigating her case.
    Already posted http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...921#post764921
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

the show tried to get her back as jo

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    the show tried to get her back as jo
    Without Andy there I canĀ“t see any point in it now

i do not think the show would have her back given how many of the stars are backing up ryan thomas, her career is over

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...mas-punch-row/

Roxanne is a disgrace. She has a very LONG history of bullying and intimidating others by suggesting that they have behaved inapproppriately or violently towards her. Ryan Thomas did nothing and yet she repeatedly made accusations that could easily have ruined the life of a decent, gentle and innocent man with a young family to raise. The lies she told can easily ruin lives.

It seems that Roxanne's hatred and spite led to her forgetting that the Big Brother House is full of cameras. She is now a proven liar. She deserves a prison sentence.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyBee For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (11-09-2018)

She needs some kind of help. However it has all back fired so badly, nobody in the industry has a good word to say about the actress. I very much doubt she will find work for a while.
    The People's Channel

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (02-09-2018), Perdita (02-09-2018), Ruffed_lemur (02-09-2018)

Emmerdale denies that there are any plans for Roxanne Pallett to return.

Article here, Metro, 04/09/18.

Thread Information