Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt)

Ian Beale to marry wife no 5?

EASTENDERS character Ian Beale is set to get married for the FIFTH time.

The ladies’ man, played by Adam Woodyatt, 43, will pop the question to former stripper Mandy Salter, who only returned to the BBC soap in August, having left *Albert Square 17 years before.

A BBC insider said: “In true soap style no one knows whether they will make it down the aisle.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...#ixzz1aFwvLqrW

You know for such a dull and offensive person he married quiet a lot.

Are they an actual couple now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    You know for such a dull and offensive person he married quiet a lot.
    Yes although one wife tried to have him killed and another didn't even last the wedding day out!

'EastEnders' Ian proposes to Mandy: Promo pics, spoilers

EastEnders fans received some surprising news at the weekend when it was revealed that Ian Beale will pop the question to returnee Mandy Salter in a forthcoming storyline.

The shock proposal airs in next week's episodes, which means we can now bring you some more details of how it all comes about.

While Ian and Mandy have appeared to just have a friendship so far, next week we see that the Walford businessman is hoping for more as he gets jealous when the mischievous blonde starts flirting with Jack Branning (Scott Maslen).

Desperate to impress Mandy (Nicola Stapleton), Ian comes home in a flash sports car which captures her attention, but his success with Mandy doesn't last for long as they later have an argument and he crosses the line by telling her to "get upstairs", implying that she's there for sex.

Furious with Ian (Adam Woodyatt), Mandy immediately goes on the rampage by smashing up his car with a golf club and throwing paint over the bonnet, even after he confesses that the vehicle is rented and not purchased!

In the doghouse following her explosive outburst, Mandy goes to stay with Pat (Pam St Clement) and begins to see Ian in a new light when the Albert Square matriarch tells her about his softer side.

At the same time, Ian has a heart-to-heart with Alfie (Shane Richie) about his woes with Mandy, declaring that he's now through with women for good. However, Alfie gives his friend some much-needed advice by admitting that his life with Kat isn't nearly as perfect as people might expect.

When Alfie explains that sometimes the perfect partner only exists in the imagination, his words strike a chord with Ian, who's later in a calmer mood when Mandy pays him a visit to apologise.

Ian and Mandy soon open up to each other, with both admitting that they just want to be loved. Ian then leaves Mandy stunned by asking her to marry him. Will Mandy accept?

EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has admitted that her character Mandy Salter is "shocked" when Ian Beale proposes to her in a forthcoming storyline.

Mandy has been living with Ian (Adam Woodyatt) in recent weeks but their ongoing storyline is about to take a surprising twist when the Walford businessman asks her to marry him.

Stapleton, offering Mandy's take on the pair's relationship, told All About Soap: "I think it's more of a friendship for her. They're two people who are both a bit lost in their lives at the moment, and they're just having a laugh together. He gives her stability and makes her feel safe, while she gives him a whole new lease of life."

"Everybody thinks she's a gold-digger, and there are certainly lots of indications that she might be, but there's a real connection between her and Ian as well," she continued. "I wouldn't say that it's deeply romantic, but it's definitely there."

As previously reported, the unexpected proposal comes in the aftermath of a massive row between Ian and Mandy, which culminates in the blonde smashing up a flash sports car that Ian is renting.

Discussing the proposal scene, Stapleton added: "[Ian's] just doing what he thinks she wants him to. After what happens with the car, everything comes to a head between them.

"Ian would go to any lengths to make things right, so his idea of trying to solve their problems is to ask her to marry him. She's shocked, but you'll have to wait and see if she actually accepts."

Stapleton announced her return to EastEnders in the summer after 17 years away from Albert Square.

EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has revealed that Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) is her 'type' of man.

The actress, who returned to her role as Mandy Salter in August, told the Sunday Mirror that her character has changed Ian for the better.

"Mandy has* *injected a bit of *excitement into his life," she said. "He's becoming my type. The miserable Ian Beale is definitely not boyfriend *material, but the new version would be a push in the right direction. The new Ian, the carefree, fun, *frivolous Ian is much more up my street.

"I think he's one of those people in life who is *looking for love, but he's his own worst enemy. And I think that's why it works with him and Mandy. She's using him in the sense that he gives her stability and a decent life and he's using her as a bit of arm candy."

Speaking of her EastEnders return, she added: "It's like I've never been away. I'm absolutely loving it. I left last time because I didn't want the character to go stale. But as long as I'm still excited by the character I could stay forever."

Ian will propose to Mandy in the coming weeks.

EastEnders returnee Mandy Salter will cheat on fiancé Ian Beale hours before their wedding, a report has claimed.

The feisty blonde, played by Nicola Stapleton, will betray Ian by jumping into bed with Ricky Butcher, according to the Daily Star.

Ricky (Sid Owen) is due to return to Albert Square in a few weeks' time, and it is thought that Mandy quickly realises she has feelings for him while she is busy planning her wedding.

After sleeping with Ricky, Mandy is left with a dilemma as she wonders whether she can really go through with marrying Ian.

An EastEnders insider told the newspaper: "Everyone will see Ian happily heading off to his wedding in his best suit. But they will also see a less than happy Mandy sat on her own at home with her wedding dress beside her.

"Will she put it on and go through with the wedding, or will she jilt Ian at the altar? We are going to keep what happens a secret for viewers."

Mandy has been living with Ian (Adam Woodyatt) since making her EastEnders return in late August. The pair became engaged last month.

Ricky previously had a one-night stand with Mandy in the '90s.

Mandy's return and her "relationship" with Ian is rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Mandy's return and her "relationship" with Ian is rubbish
    Totally agree with you, tammyy2j. I thought she was fun to start with, but I can't work her out at all now. As to whether she goes through with the wedding, I don't really care much!
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Thread Information