Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt)

Although I am not a fan of Adam or his alter ego Ian Beale. I wouldn't blame him if he did quit the show because of crappy storylines. Lets face it the plots they have been given him, Dot and Pauline lately have been shocking. It's like lets use the same old story for Ian where they introduce a new female character who has a relationship with him and then does the dirty on him then to put the icing on the cake he gets beaten up by the chuckle brothers. but then they can bring in a young person without any acting expereince behind them and write fbby new plots for them. If EE is to be the great british soap it once was it needs to have a mass clean out of cast members and crappy writers and them go back to it just being on tv twice a week

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I agree completely !!

Twice a week would be far better.

this probably means that ian woodyat is up for contract and has demanded a massive pay rise and is now getteng it after leaking the story to the papers

Won't be long before this "rumour" becomes reality espec as his current storyline is the same old one. Instead of Phil bullying him etc we now have Dawn blackmailing him. Prior to that we had more repetition with the Grant/Jane affair. No wonder Adam is p/d off, my advice to him is walk mate, you deserve more.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Humphries
    I agree completely !!

Twice a week would be far better.
    Even three times a week would be enough for me.

Of course this applies to ALL soaps, not just EE.

Ian Beale To Stay in Eastenders

From Todays Sunday Mirror (yes the same paper that last week announced he was quitting)
    EASTENDERS is striking back in the ratings war with a sensational new storyline.

Long-suffering chip shop owner Ian Beale, played by actor Adam Woodyatt, will hit rock bottom after learning that his partner Jane has had a secret affair with Grant Mitchell (Ross Kemp).

Arch-enemy Phil Mitchell, played by Steve McFadden, drops the bombshell in an angry confrontation.

An insider said: "Ian can't believe that Jane could cheat on him - let alone with a Mitchell.

"And to have the news broken to him by Phil just makes it all the worse.

"He takes it very badly indeed. He is devastated and humiliated by the revelations, things are going to get very dark. Ian loves Jane but this is the ultimate betrayal."

Insiders say the scenes, due to be screened in the next few months, will be one of the show's biggest storylines.

Ian will be told the news when he comes to blows with mechanic Phil after he refuses to pay for work done on his car.

Their dispute descends into all-out war when Walford hardman Phil drops the news about his brother's secret romance with cafe worker Jane (Laurie Brett).

A source added: "Adam is thrilled with the storyline. He'd been getting down about Ian's role and it was said he was thinking of quitting.

"But he's very happy with what the producers have got planned for him."

Adam, 38, has played businessman Ian since the show started in 1985.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

About time Ian found out, this will make for a excellent storyline, just what the show needs.
    Last edited by Dr. Tangliss; 20-08-2006 at 11:34.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

It all sounds a bit deja vu to me. Still I'm interested in this "Very Dark" which is connected to Ian.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tangliss
    About time Ian found out, this will make for a excellent storyline, just what the show needs.
    Yeah, pleased about this, Ian getting a decent storyline, rather than the daft business with the masons or whatever that Walford Business men's society thingy is!

Hope he gets the upper hand (for once) with Phil! That he, er... doesn't end up with tomato sauce on his face, or head flushed down the loo, yet again!!! lol

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Just what EE needs. I think if he quit it would be a big lost i like the old characters. Like Pauline and Ian and the Mitchells.

Thread Information